id927
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

challenge levels

[Post New]by id927 on Oct 23, 13 10:40 AM
Is it just me, or did anyone else find that when trying to tackle the challenges in 'England', that they seemed unbeatable. Up to then, they were all very easy, then wham into England and I cant beat any of the challenges. Been playing match three games for years and cant think I am that bad at it. If anyone has been able to beat these, let me know how, particularly the first England challenge where you have to beat the board in 10 moves!
thanks!

meryllon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:challenge levels

[Post New]by meryllon on Oct 24, 13 4:44 AM
It seems to me as well that the challenge level no, 15 (the first for England) is way off kilter. It has three sand pits of three squares each, and two of three pieces are at the top of the board. Earlier challenge boards keyed to number of moves allowed 30-50 moves on average. I consider this board unplayable in the current circumstances. Please fix.

Dianeteacher
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Dianeteacher on Oct 26, 13 5:22 AM
Unfortunately, there are too many "unplayable" levels in this game...I gave up and just wasted my money. What is the developer's purpose in making a game so hard that you do give up?

Diane

[Post New]by spookyliza on Oct 26, 13 10:07 PM
Same here, got to level 15 and it's impossible in 10 moves. Apart from the challenge levels I enjoyed the game. Disappointing as I was looking forward to playing all the levels again.

janielu2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by janielu2 on Oct 27, 13 10:45 AM
Neat game up to level 21. Then again at level 45. Need more tools to be able to pass levels. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!!!. Please update to add more tools or slow the sand or something to make levels passable. Some levels you have to get in and out of the game to be able to get any moves where you need them. (Split boards and nothing matches in the section you have to clear. If you can't move the bottom you can't win.)

id927
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by id927 on Oct 27, 13 12:53 PM
Even worse than that level 15 challenge is 'bonus level' 5. There it is that they present you with a large board, but there are perhaps a dozen or more tiles that have a 'timer' bomb. They count down the seconds and then the level is lost. (this is even if you are playing the untimed mode). This level is unplayable, because you must wait til tiles stop falling before you can make your next move..... I think this is also unwinnable. Much as I hate to do so, I feel like quitting and going back to my countless journeys of 80 Days Around the World.

[Post New]by maxine88 on Nov 2, 13 12:46 PM
How do you find the challenge requirements?? I just keep playing and playing over. Also where are these stars they talk about?

AnnaGP
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaGP on Nov 2, 13 3:02 PM
Phew! I thought it was just me. Cannot get past the first England challenge no. 15. Has anyone done it yet? Is it possible?

id927
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by id927 on Nov 5, 13 10:30 AM
hi all;
I took the liberty of contacting the developer about this crazy level 15 challenge. Their pat answer to me was that "seeing as you are an experienced gamer, we are quite confident that you will defeat this challenge through perseverance and find the way through it.".
I had asked for a somewhat type of walkthrough which they stated was not available from them.
Up til now, I had snatched up games from this developer without trials... I wont do so anymore and wait for more feedback before I buy. This is the first such issue I have had with match3 games from them.
id927

id927
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by id927 on Nov 5, 13 10:34 AM
Maxine, each level you play thru you will get a circle on the map. If you click on a level you have successfully beat, it will give you the option of either replaying the level or 'complete the challenge', which will entail you beating the level in a set amt of moves or a set amt of time. If you succeed you will be given a star and when you accumulate enough stars, bonus levels are revealed for you to paly

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Nov 14, 13 1:32 AM
spookyliza wrote:Same here, got to level 15 and it's impossible in 10 moves. Apart from the challenge levels I enjoyed the game. Disappointing as I was looking forward to playing all the levels again.

I did fluke it and used the all 10 moves to do so. You've just got to play it over and over until you get the right combination. You need to remove the sand in three moves and then build the vertical rows under the pieces with the remaining 7 moves and hope you get a little help from the game itself.

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Nov 19, 13 4:58 AM
Have finished the game in both Common & Challenge levels. Couldn't have got through the challenge levels without the powerups though. I'm glad I didn't use the powerups in the Common Levels. All I was left with at the end was a heap of hourglasses and 2 swap powerups.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Dec 1, 13 8:37 PM
Hats off to Debbie387 for completing the challenge mode...I'm not sure if I'll be able to do the same, and like the OP, I've also been playing M3s for years! A lot of the boards starting with the England ones are a matter of luck over skill, which is really off-putting to me. So far I've managed to scrape my way into Japan, and other than hoarding the powerups like crazy throughout the regular mode so that they will be available in challenge, I've noticed that if you can't win the board in about six tries, it's time to move on as some boards were a lot easier than others.

[Post New]by DollyJean on Jan 29, 14 6:38 PM
I found it was impossible for me to finish the game at the end because of the timed bombs and not matches underneath to give me a chance to defeat the level. Disappointing to get this far and have to quit the game. Level 77

Edited on 01/29/2014 at 9:10:29 PM PST

Go to: