mammamia21099
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

If I uninstall, then reinstall the game, will I lose my progress? (MOD please read)

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Oct 23, 13 8:21 PM
I have been experiencing a couple of glitches in my game since the last update. After I visit 15 neighbors or move 15 items around my manor, I get booted with an Access Violation message. I submitted a ticket to CS and after a couple of emails back and forth, they suggest that I uninstall, then reinstall the game. I am a little leery of doing this because in the past a few of my purchased games restarted from the beginning after I did this. Does anyone know if this can reset my progress in the game? I am nearing level 50 and don't want to lose anything. I have spent loads of time and a ton of money on this game. If the worst does happen and I lose my progress, can BF fix it and get my progress and items back? I would appreciate any ideas on this matter.

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
683 Posts

Re:If I uninstall, then reinstall the game, will I lose my progress? (MOD please read)

[Post New]by L_Amour on Oct 23, 13 8:27 PM
If you play on iOS, I'm sure you can get your game back (if connected to FB: via FB button on enter screen; if not connected to FB: via customer support)

If you play on PC: I think the same stands if you are connected to FB, but have no experience with that platform, so don't know for sure, sorry. Anyone else?

mammamia21099
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

Re:If I uninstall, then reinstall the game, will I lose my progress? (MOD please read)

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Oct 23, 13 8:30 PM
I am on PC. I do have FB, but don't use it for this game. I play straight from the Game Manager. Guess this is an important factor that I forgot to mention in my post above. Thanks L_Amour for letting me know that.

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,601 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Oct 24, 13 1:05 AM
If you are playing on iOS and actually delete the app, everything goes away.

You can uninstall the PC version and reinstall without that happening.

For either version, if you run into trouble, CS can restore your manor but it will take them several days to get back to you and do the restore...

mammamia21099
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Oct 24, 13 5:36 PM
Thanks for PTBT and L_Amour! I feel better now knowing at least if the worst happens, that they can fix it. I'm going to do the uninstall/reinstall now. Crossing my fingers and toes that all goes well. Appreciate your help!

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
683 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Oct 24, 13 6:36 PM
Good luck, Mamamia. Fingers are crossed!

Go to: