bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Post Your Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition Technical Issues Here Only

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 24, 13 8:50 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

Re:Post Your Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition Technical Issues Here Only

[Post New]by bonggamer on Oct 24, 13 10:32 AM
The game crashes the moment I click on the play button.

grama4jr
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Post Your Nevertales: The Beauty Within Collector's Edition Technical Issues Here Only

[Post New]by grama4jr on Oct 24, 13 11:20 AM
I downloaded the game this morning to try it out. And when I got a break to play, it said the game had already been played?? I never tried to play it just downloaded the free hour. Now what, I wont buy without trying....thanks

sugar19703
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by sugar19703 on Oct 24, 13 2:27 PM
I tried twice to download this game and after downloading it says validating for about 2 mins and then it says in the game manager error downloading get more info. When I click on the more info button it says whoops error code 3 and will not let me download.

Please fix this thanks

abbcindy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by abbcindy on Oct 24, 13 7:37 PM
I've tried to download the game twice now and my antivirus software blocks it as a malicious file. Is it safe to tell it to load it anyways?

nehmah
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by nehmah on Oct 24, 13 11:52 PM
When loading the screen had streaks of black ribbons across. The only way to use the game is with a small screen. Is this supposed to be played on a hand-held device? When I tried to play on the smaller screen, the game shut down. Nehmah

Edited on 10/24/2013 at 11:53:51 PM PST

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Oct 25, 13 12:28 AM
Relieved that I'm not the only one facing this problem. I've written to tech support. Meanwhile if anyone has a solution do post.
Thanks

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Oct 25, 13 2:03 AM
I have bought the game, everything seems to be ok. Except that I can't pick up the collectable items. Why is this? It's very frustrating! I have restarted the beginning of the game three, - four times counting the demo. I have played more than an hour one time. Is there a glitch? Please help! I will stop and await your response. Thank you!
MelyMc

[Post New]by superlady154 on Oct 25, 13 3:28 AM
nehmah wrote:When loading the screen had streaks of black ribbons across. The only way to use the game is with a small screen. Is this supposed to be played on a hand-held device? When I tried to play on the smaller screen, the game shut down. Nehmah

I have the same problem.

nebulla_69
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by nebulla_69 on Oct 25, 13 6:48 AM
Tried to demo the game but it froze and kicked me out twice--not worth the effort, delete

mareflynn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by mareflynn on Oct 25, 13 7:59 AM
Hi!

Having the exact same problem! It is frustrating!!!
In my case, the fragmented items simply aren't there! Went to the strategy guide to locate them, went back to the game and they aren't there. When I get close to an area where it should be located, I get a magnifier or an arrow.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled. Still nothing!

If you get some help, let me know!

[Post New]by missysun on Oct 25, 13 9:03 AM
nehmah wrote:When loading the screen had streaks of black ribbons across. The only way to use the game is with a small screen. Is this supposed to be played on a hand-held device? When I tried to play on the smaller screen, the game shut down. Nehmah

I have the same issue on an ordinary pc

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Oct 25, 13 10:29 AM
Sorry nehmah, the game is only meant to be played on a Desktop PC or Mac.
==============
Game System Requirements:
CPU: 1.8 GHz
RAM: 1024 MB
DirectX: 9.0
Hard Drive: 1075 MB
Game Manager System Requirements:
Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or later

Kim70
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

Data Execution Prevention Error

[Post New]by Kim70 on Oct 25, 13 11:15 AM
I downloaded and installed this game, but when I try to play it, I get a message that Data Execution Prevention prevented the game from starting because it tried to access memory incorrectly in Windows Vista.

Honestly, I spend less and less time trying to play games from Big Fish. I used to be very happy with the service and have been a member for many years. But now, I rarely download games anymore because I have the same problem with most of the games I try to play. I consistently get data execution prevention errors when I try to play games, and when I try to follow the steps recommended by Microsoft to disable DEP for specific programs, I'm unable to do that for any Big Fish games because the Big Fish program setting is different and DEP is required to run the executable file.

I've seen that other people have had the same problem with other games, and that fixes are sometimes available later, but I don't understand why this isn't just addressed upfront if it's a known problem.

[Post New]by chm4949 on Oct 25, 13 11:32 AM

I was having the exact same problem whenever there was a "video" running in the game. The rest of the game performed properly. I went online and updated my video drivers and now I no longer have the black ribbons during the video sequences. I hope this can be a possible fix for the others who were having the same problem. I have now purchased the game!

Edited on 10/25/2013 at 1:25:38 PM PST

PixieChik
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by PixieChik on Oct 25, 13 11:46 AM
Well it seems I am not the only one having problems with this game. I bought the game, installed it and played it for about an hour. Had to go oiut of the game for a bit, came back tried to click on the game to play again and now I cannot get this game to come up on my PC. I have uninstalled everything from the game stub and the game. Reinstalled everything again and again, and still cannot get this game to play. Now I am out of options on what to do. Even did everything that Dr. Felix said to and still no game to play. Really at my wits end. Hope there is some resolve for this.

suebrit
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by suebrit on Oct 25, 13 3:00 PM
I have bought the game, everything seems to be ok. Except that I can't pick up the collectable items. Why is this? It's very frustrating! I have restarted the beginning of the game three, - four times counting the demo. I have played more than an hour one time. Is there a glitch? Please help! I will stop and await your response. Thank you!
MelyMc

Me too. This is the first time I have ever had a problem with a glitch in the game. Now I understand how frustrating this is, Is there something I can do?

[Post New]by securefed on Oct 25, 13 3:26 PM
When attempting to launch the game, I am getting the error message: "An error occurred while initializing the game. Please update your graphics driver and try again."

It would have been helpful if it had given me a hint as to what program they are talking about - Flash Player (updated earlier this month) or something else.

I am running Windows Vista.

jang343
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jang343 on Oct 26, 13 12:45 AM
I am running a Mac with the newest operating system, Maverick.
The trial version of this game played fine but after I purchased it, it flat refused to load.
I have reinstalled three times,cleaned,restarted, emptied the trash,reinstalled the Game Manger,etc. and cannot get this game to run.
It lodges its little icon in my menu bar and won't stop until I "force quit" but it will not run.
As a long tim "fishie" I find this very frustrating and just want i to work! Especially since
I paid full CI price for it.

[Post New]by sparkynugget84 on Oct 26, 13 7:27 AM
I cannot replay the HOP in Jack's basement from the extras area. The final item you collect in-game (that isn't needed in the replay) is blocking most of the puzzle area. It's like the scene doesn't reset after you've completed the puzzle in the game.

I'm trying to get all of the achievements, one being to replay all the HOPs and get 3 stars on them. Speed and accuracy factor into the score so I need to be able to see. I haven't had any trouble playing the HOPs from all the scenes before this. It's frustrating that I won't be able to get that achievement, along with the one for earning all the other achievements...

I figured it out. You have to exit the game completely to reset the HOPs. Once I closed the game, I had no trouble playing Jack's basement upon my return.

Edited on 10/30/2013 at 3:42:26 AM PST

Go to: