Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

*Collectables

[Post New]by Melymc on Oct 25, 13 2:17 AM
Has anyone else had any trouble collecting the "collectables"? I can get the morphing items and the roses with no problems, but not the collectables. It's frustrating. If anyone else has encountered this, and maybe fixed it , please let me know! Thanks have a great day everyone!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Re:*Collectables

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 25, 13 3:26 AM
Hi Melymc,

Just saw that you've posted your question here too. I'm giving you an answer or at least I'm trying to , in the technical issues thread. Take a look there and let me know if it helped or not.

This game is pretty good but personally I find all these collectibles unnecessary as they constantly distract you from playing and this is frustrating. At least for me.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 25, 13 4:05 AM
Ok Melymc,

I moved my post from the technical issues thread here in order to be consistent to the rules as probably this is not a technical issue.

Hi Melymc,

Collectibles in this game have some "peculiarities". It took me a little while to figure things out. First of all we have the roses. Those we can collect from the very beginning of the game. Then, there are other collectibles, they seem like different items in each scene, but those we are able to unlock and collect only after completing the first hidden chapter. We also have morphing objects but only in hidden object scenes, there is an indication at the bottom of the screen and on the left which shows if we have found the object in each scene, and finally there are 4 hearts that we have to find for the locket throughout the game. Have not encountered one of those yet.

Like you I have only play the game for about 2 hours and still cannot click on the other collectibles. But as the strategy guide says we will be able to pick them up after completing the first hidden chapter.

Hope that's rather helpful than confusing.

[Post New]by heatherington on Oct 25, 13 9:17 AM
I finished the game and the bonus, and the first hidden chapter and I can now access the collectibles. However, even though I can see the gallery of collectibles, I have no way of knowing HOW to get back into the game proper, I guess, in order to GET to the collectibles. In the hidden chapter phase you no longer have a compass. I will go back and click on everything and see how to get back into the game. Cause that is what you will have to do. Since you cannot get them until after the main game you have to be able to go back in and get them somehow. HOW???

Duh, what you do is go into the collectables room and click on any collection. It takes you to each room and you can use your hint. Then when you are done it takes you back to the other hidden chapters. Simple!

Edited on 10/25/2013 at 10:09:28 AM PST

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Oct 25, 13 8:33 PM
Thank you tammytheo & heatherington! I was getting very frustrated. I am ****-u-ming from reading tammy's post that she read the general tips. I did not do that. You know I never have. Maybe because I have never needed to. Next time something like this happens and I'm stuck, instead of doing the same thing over and over again (isn't that the definition of insanity lol) I'll read the directions. Ahhhh , I'm turning into a man, not reading the directions. JK! Thanks again for your help, now I know what to do when the time comes and I can move on. I can't wait to finish this game. I'm sorry tammy, you find the collectables distracting. I hope the rest of the game made up for it! Have a great weekend, and happy gaming fellow fishies!

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Oct 25, 13 8:36 PM
Oh, BFG xxx out the beginning of my word " assuming". Not sure why there is four x's there though? So that is what I was saying. Lol. Sorry, for my potty mouth! Lol!

Edited on 10/25/2013 at 8:38:51 PM PST

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Oct 25, 13 10:33 PM
you know - reading these is almost as great as the games!!! love you all, my fellow (nice) fishies!!!!!

4_N_6
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by 4_N_6 on Oct 28, 13 5:00 PM
Do you have to finish the game and the bonus chapter just to be able to collect the collectibles? How do I find the hidden chapters (where are they hidden?!) Where is the collectibles room? I don't understand the direction, even in the guide, regarding what I have to do just to be able to collect collectibles. It seems like you have figured this out and can do it -- can you explain it to me in baby steps, as I am rather confused...thanks

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Oct 29, 13 3:01 AM
Hi 4_N_6, I haven't finished the game yet, so what I'm about to say is what I THINK you have to do. Or what I gathered from my friends here and the directions. You can not collect the "collectables" yet (when you play the main game ). You Have to find ALL of the roses to be able to enter the hidden chapters (I know how dare they, lol), and you enter them just like you enter the game or bonus chapter. Now since I haven't finished I don't know about the collectable room, But I a*s*s*-u-me lol! that it opens up also at the end of game. I'm sure you have to have all those roses! It may be in the extras? I hope this helps! Have a great week! Happy Halloween!

[Post New]by sparkynugget84 on Oct 29, 13 3:47 AM
4_N_6 wrote:Do you have to finish the game and the bonus chapter just to be able to collect the collectibles? How do I find the hidden chapters (where are they hidden?!) Where is the collectibles room? I don't understand the direction, even in the guide, regarding what I have to do just to be able to collect collectibles. It seems like you have figured this out and can do it -- can you explain it to me in baby steps, as I am rather confused...thanks

Yes! You have to play through the game, bonus, and 1st hidden chapter to search for collectables. I think you have to find them to play the 2nd hidden chapter. Do you remember somewhere at the beginning of the main game when you're in the mansion, right before you meet Maria? There's an area in the room with the pearl-locked gate that has three books, those are the hidden chapters. For some reason, all of a sudden, I can't remember how I got to them after I finished the bonus chapter. It may have taken me there automatically... I couldn't say for sure. I think you have to finish the rose hunt puzzle to play the 1st hidden chapter, if I remember correctly. You get to it from the Extras menu. If you've missed any roses, they're a greyish-purple color, click it and it will take you to the scene you missed it from. Once you have them all, click on a rose and it turns to a jigsaw piece. Complete the puzzle. The collectables can be searched for from the extras menu, the top left of the screen. Once you get in there, just click on one of the empty slots and the game will take you through each scene to look for one, it'll tell you what you're looking for in the bottom left corner.

I'm not quite awake yet, I apologize if I left out anything important. Let me know if I missed anything. Good luck!

ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by ValerieG on Nov 3, 13 9:14 AM
I am totally lost, reading all these posts and finding collectables!

Firstly: I have found all the roses and completed the jigsaw puzzle so I was able to
continue to the 1st hidden chapter.

Secondly: Completed the Sleeping Beauty hidden chapter, have gone back to the
reception desk and tried to open the Ali Baba hidden chapter. It says it is locked until I find all the collectables.

Thirdly: Tried to go back in Sleeping Beauty, thinking that's where I missed the collectables and, of course, can't get into it again! Grrrr

So where the heck are the collectables I need to open up Ali Baba?????

ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by ValerieG on Nov 3, 13 9:47 AM
Well, whatdayaknow? I found my answer!

Very convoluted game, trying to find the hidden chapters, but lovin' it all the same

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 3, 13 7:08 PM
ValerieG wrote:I am totally lost, reading all these posts and finding collectables!

Firstly: I have found all the roses and completed the jigsaw puzzle so I was able to
continue to the 1st hidden chapter.

Secondly: Completed the Sleeping Beauty hidden chapter, have gone back to the
reception desk and tried to open the Ali Baba hidden chapter. It says it is locked until I find all the collectables.

Thirdly: Tried to go back in Sleeping Beauty, thinking that's where I missed the collectables and, of course, can't get into it again! Grrrr

So where the heck are the collectables I need to open up Ali Baba?????

After you finish Sleeping Beauty, go to Extras and then to the left. You see the Collectables (to play it!). Find all of them, and after this, you can play the 3rd book (Ali Baba)!

Hope this help you, good luck ,
M.

Go to: