bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Reviews for Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 25, 13 8:39 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm very excited to see this one available on standard version.

What do you think of Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgDeveron

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Reviews for Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 25, 13 8:39 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Oct 25, 13 10:07 AM
Features Summary From CE Demo!

BASED ON PART COMPLETED CE GAME

There are so many reviews that can give you the story etc. for this game. I found I had so many things to say, I've had to put in point form.
"These are the things I noticed:
• The intro and early part are repeatedly so exciting you may want to check your pacemaker
• There are 12 HO scenes in at least 3 styles – find & use objects outlined, fragmented objects that require some interaction, interactive lists. They are all a bit trickier than usual
• You can choose a challenging matching pairs game instead of the list HOPs
• There are 18 mini-games, all I saw were easy
• You must collect 26 pieces of evidence, which you will use in a game of deduction, in order to solve the mystery
• Your assistant in this game is a very long way from cute, or even trustworthy
• There are real dialogues (a lot of them, but all interesting and voiceovers are good)
• The demo was 2 out of 7 chapters. I ran out of time about ¾ of the way in.

The next are items I believe are only be available in the Collector’s Edition.

• Collectible butterflies (30) – hard to find
• Collectible ‘elusive’ (morphing) objects (30) – harder to find
• 19 backstory objects
• Achievements relating to all these plus the gameplay and the story, and the pieces of evidence
• Redwood Encyclopaedia
• Usual gallery items
• Excellent Strategy Guide
• Bonus Chapter"
Although I've not completed the game, I can assure you that it fulfills the promise of the demo and is a thoroughly excellent game.

I recommend this game!

gwladys99
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gwladys99 on Oct 25, 13 5:29 PM
I am not an expert but I know what I like and I made up my mind in about ten minutes and got this game. Grafics (sp) are very well done and the voice overs are of a much better quality than a lot of the games I have seen lately.

It seemed for a while that the games were being churned out so fast with a detriment to the storyline and everything else but this game is so much better.
Music in the background blends well with the story and is not intrusive.

Not very good at expressing myself like some but I know enough to recommend this game

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Oct 29, 13 11:14 PM
I played 30 minutes of the demo. Everything is excellent A.M. quality, but the game play seems very complicated and a lot more than I'm willing to attempt -- as JustTheFacts said, a game of deduction. I just want a hidden object/ adventure game with puzzles I can skip. Not a buy.

Edited on 10/29/2013 at 11:15:44 PM PST

Wigi
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Wigi on Feb 17, 14 8:38 PM
First ever review here on BF.

Excellent game with a story that easily matches MCF Ravenhurst and sequels.

The puzzels were good, ranging from easy to quite hard.

The HO scenes had enough variety and enough relevance to be entertaining. No finding yet another screwdriver that you drop after using and having to find another one later on.

Voice overs were very good as was the script.

But the outstanding thing was the story,
desperately sad in parts and enough respect given to the awful fate that befell so many.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Feb 27, 14 12:31 PM
yes the story was one of the best, not confusing or convoluted it held my interest until the end !!
I always enjoy games by this Developer, this is one of the best !!
Great graphics, HOs were interesting and varied, I am not a HO fan but chose to play most of them rather than the matching pairs alternative..
Mini games not mind boggling but good.
I really recommend this game
My only regret is that I did not get the CE !!!!
Thanks devs congrats on one of the best games I have played !!!

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Mar 1, 14 3:48 PM

Really good game with lots of story inside it.

There was none of this mindless back and forth, to and fro, just for the sake of it. There was a reason for everything and it made a very nice, and welcome, change.

Seems that there may be a follow-on so I will look forward to the third in this excellent series.

A most enjoyable game.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Apr 5, 14 9:02 PM
Boy, was this a mistake. I couldn't even get halfway through it before I just couldn't stand it anymore. I had to turn to voice overs off almost immediately. Way too many cutscenes and narratives..way too many. Between HOS and tedious, almost impossible mini games (which I skipped almost all off) and a slow story with almost no action I was about to fall asleep!

Hint and skip refresh quickly...thank goodness. The transporter map is near to being useless. Shows you were you should go then you have no map to find your way beyond that. I had to use the hint to move around more efficiently.

You have to continue to return to this Hannible Lecter guy whose goes into a story narration...I skipped them all. Sometimes you get something for your inventory and other times not...confusing. Then there is the evidence board...tedious and not necessary...just plain dumb waste of time.

Annimations are good but scenes are dark. I can only give this one a 2 out of 5. Not going to waste anymore time with it.

[Post New]by Anjanaa on Apr 20, 14 12:34 AM
I joined this forum to talk about "The Mists of Ravenwood". Recently only I played its first part, "The Ghosts of Maple Creek". It was excellent.

I skipped many puzzles because I was very curious to know what happens next . I think the most shocking moment is when we we see the face of our mysterious companion, "the prisoner", who have helped us to solve the mysteries. The locations, characters, dialogues, the evidence desk are very nice. And the climax is really superb. I recommend this game for everyone who loves to play Hidden object/Adventurous games. Thanks to BigFish and Artifex Mundi.

roberta3
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by roberta3 on May 21, 14 9:48 PM
excellent game. I liked it better than maple creek. I figured out who was behind the locked door about half way thru the game. The ending begs for the next chapter in the series, much the Davy Jones stories.

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Jun 17, 14 7:45 PM
I started out really liking this game, but got frustrated with it. The map was too general, and I hated the evidence board. Also, talking to the guy in prison was long and tedious. Other than that, I liked the story, and the graphics were amazing. I give it a 7 out of a 10.

Gatorau
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Gatorau on Aug 15, 14 5:06 PM
This is seriously one of the best games I have purchased from Bigfish for a very, very long time. It's not for the faint hearted which is something I like. Not gory but it does get very, very scary and dark in places. The gameplay is excellent and the final scenes caught me very much on the hop. I give this an easy 9 out of 10 and I am already looking forward to the next instalment.

Go to: