maumeegirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Decoder in Observatory

[Post New]by maumeegirl on Oct 25, 13 3:40 PM
I can't figure out how this works. The strategy guide didnt give me any help. Can someone just give me the solution so I can go about my day! Thanks much.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

Decoder in Observatory

[Post New]by minesita on Oct 25, 13 5:26 PM
maumeegirl wrote:I can't figure out how this works. The strategy guide didnt give me any help. Can someone just give me the solution so I can go about my day! Thanks much.

You have 4 numbers in yellow and 4 in blue (the last you can't change). Do the math. by columns changing the yellows one according if you need add, multiply or so on...

I guess one case was division , the result was 3, the # blue was 2, then the yellow should be 6.

Hope this help !!!

Re:Decoder in Observatory

[Post New]by shelleyjg on Oct 25, 13 11:33 PM
I am not the person who asked the question, but thank you for helping. I was so stuck I didn't know what to do anymore. This is a great game.

lingerda
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by lingerda on Oct 26, 13 2:51 AM
in the strategy guide it said one number I tried 1969 instead it worked???!!!!

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Oct 26, 13 11:12 AM
shelleyjg wrote:I am not the person who asked the question, but thank you for helping. I was so stuck I didn't know what to do anymore. This is a great game.

Hi ,

I'm glad you understood my explanation. I learnt this in the hard way. I was doing the Math in horizontal way, not by columns, and I refused to copy the SG.

I agree this a wonderful game, also the BC.
Enjoy,
M.

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Oct 28, 13 9:21 AM
I am up to the decoder, but it won't let me change anything. Looking at the SG, it says to put the electro-magnets down, but I can't figure out where. If I try to touch the decoder, it just puts it back in my inventory.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Oct 28, 13 2:10 PM
sixmilecoss wrote:I am up to the decoder, but it won't let me change anything. Looking at the SG, it says to put the electro-magnets down, but I can't figure out where. If I try to touch the decoder, it just puts it back in my inventory.
If I read you correctly; you’re are in Chapter 3, page 7: The pirate Ship? There are a few steps you must do before you can deal with the 2 electro magnets.

1. Connect the Decoder Device to the Machine and entered year 1969, + push the red button.
2. Find and place the North American Continent on the Large Globe, push the little button.
3. The platform with the Astronaut should now raise up and a small globe comes into view.
4. Click the little button on the LARGE GLOBE.
5. Now you get to place the 2 Electromagnetic Devices.

I hope I got it right?
It’s a fabulous game, have fun!

EHinSF
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by EHinSF on Nov 30, 13 7:25 PM
I got stuck here too. This is a great game but it's not easy. Not every puzzle is in the SG or can be skipped. You always have to think playing this game and it's fun and challenging at the same time. I do wish the SG was more comprehensive. Full chunks of the gameplay are missing. If the story graphics and design weren't as great as they are, I might complain but I can't.

[Post New]by nnninaa on Jul 30, 14 7:47 AM
Another thing that wasn't obvious to me is that you need to set the numbers while the decoder is still in your inventory, BEFORE you connect it to the machine.

Go to: