DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Informal Discussion and Comments for Dark Canvas: Blood and Stone Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 26, 13 1:51 AM
Hi there,
Well, this might not have the charm of Nevertales, but it is yet another solid HOPA from Vast Studios. Much more straight forward fare than our last CE offering.
The trial is also a sample of the game, so you might reach its endpoint before your hour is up if you are a speedy player.
As usual check it out for yourself and make up your own mind.
Cheers
OOps. thanks Catbag, name fixed.

Edited on 10/26/2013 at 3:49:47 PM PST

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Re:Informal Discussion and Comments for Dark Canvas: Blood and Stone Collector's Edition

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 26, 13 2:59 AM
It's called NeverTALES...
Is this similar to the last Dark Canvas? Because I really didn't like that at all.

Re:Informal Discussion and Comments for Dark Canvas: Blood and Stone Collector's Edition

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Oct 26, 13 3:50 AM
HI catbag,

Yeah, if memory serves me correctly it is like the other dark canvas, although I only have the SE of that. I really liked it, so this one may not be to your liking either.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Oct 26, 13 4:10 AM
PS. I have done a review for the first game in the Dark Canvas: A Brush With Death forum.

Cheers

[Post New]by Lordshandmaiden on Oct 26, 13 5:08 AM
I just downloaded the trial version, but looking at the pics, I see they have added a constellation puzzle. Why do developers do this? They tend to assume that everyone knows all the constellations or the horoscope signs. I know neither. Just curious as to what you think?

eel71
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by eel71 on Oct 26, 13 6:19 AM
I'm glad to hear that someone else has problems with constellations and horoscope stuff. I refuse to learn what I consider to be pseudoscience just to finish a game. It is appearing more and more in so many otherwise fine games. I hope developers see this and rethink the astrological stuff.

Thanks for bringing it up!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Oct 26, 13 6:22 AM
I wouldn't say constellations are a pseudo-science, that's astronomy not astrology. And those games are usually rolling the star formations around until they match the sample, no real knowledge required.

Anyway, another great sale. I got this and the last CE for a little more than I would have paid for one. Can't beat that with a stick, right?

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Oct 26, 13 1:07 PM
Dear Snapnhiss!!

You are wonderful!!

By the way - agree with you and love these sales!!!

Buying power better for us seniors.

But $7 for a SE an $14 for CE is really a great deal!!

You should see what some places in Canada try to charge for same thing without all our BFG bells and whistles - like excellent customer service and the forum (which I also call the comedy club as you all are really funny intentionally or not), just to name a few!!

Edited on 10/26/2013 at 1:25:52 PM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Oct 27, 13 5:20 AM
wow....
anybody read the reviews of this on the "Try This Game" page?
you know....those reviews that get submitted to Big Fish before being allowed out?

That was one huge mixed bag of reviews from 5 stars to none, with people absolutely hating the game.
I personally find Vast games to be inconsistent. Some of them have been great, others were ok but I found they paled after a while....so, I made sure I played the entire hour demo before buying the game.

My big beef, is I don't think they turned on the Morphing objects until after the game was purchased. I am going to have to go back to the beginning if I want to be sure to get them.
And, if the Devs happen to peek in the forums.....I think it is really, really nice when the map indicates whether there is a morphing object in a scene and whether it has been picked up.
Some of us have compromised eyes, and need to use a magnifying glass for some morphers. I won't even buy any HOGs anymore where the objects are super tiny unless the game is absolutely stellar.

ok...that is my plug for assistance for those of us who are differently abled for the month.

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Oct 27, 13 8:27 AM
hello again ... hello!! (Neal Diamond)

I try not to read reviews anymore as upset my delicate sensibilities!!!! this is orphaned-speak for don't like it when 'they' don't like it!!

my experience with Vast (thought it was Vasi - duh moi) has been so different as have liked and not been disappointed yet including newest offering.

re morphing - I bought a minute in, plus A SALE!! cannot resist - ever!!

in purchased version - is locator of morphers which could help you out when have vision problems of any degree. agreed being on map lovely but location section also good.

gotta win a lottery so can buy you pretty things!!!! like this game!!

poppy45
Clownfish
Clownfish
834 Posts

[Post New]by poppy45 on Oct 30, 13 11:36 PM
loved it the Greek theme. was different from gothic & ghosts. a nice change-no cemeteries.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 5, 13 12:43 PM
I am kind of creeped out by the slowly smothering in plaster.....though as a past student of sculpture, I know this is impossible without the person being unconscious.

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 6, 13 7:54 AM
tookat:

But think deer in headlights!! paralyzed with fear!!

also - dramatic license - must be!!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 6, 13 9:57 PM
lol...I know Orphaned....
just too much the empathy when imagining a grizly death.
meep!

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 7, 13 11:43 AM
dear tookat:

understood!

this is what makes this storyline all the more horrifying and compelling!!

Have to stop the evil !!

Have to save those left!!

Must try to return everything back to normal!!

Go to: