VJSS
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Tech. issue [Post Your Tech Issues Here Only]

[Post New]by VJSS on Oct 26, 13 6:36 AM
I purchased this game but now when I try to play the hidden object scene with the statues it freezes and knocks me back to my desk top. I deleted it and reloaded but it still does the same thing. I anyone else having problems?

Edited on 10/26/2013 at 8:51:38 AM PST

Re:Tech. issue

[Post New]by kherrick12 on Oct 26, 13 8:04 AM
Same thing is happening to me. I click on the hint button and the game ends and sends me back to the desktop. I'm on the statue HO and I get shut down and back out to the desktop. Anyone know what to do?

[Post New]by Monkeymom1000 on Oct 26, 13 8:10 AM
It is definetly the hint button that is knocking me out too! Whether in hidden object or regular scene, hit hint and back to desktop!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 26, 13 8:51 AM
Thanks for getting a tech thread going everyone. I'm just going to post some info and sticky the thread, then I'll be back in a bit.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

JoFin
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Tech. issue [Post Your Tech Issues Here Only]

[Post New]by JoFin on Oct 26, 13 8:58 AM
I buy virtually every Collector's Edition and can count on one hand any I have had problems with. BUT, I always download the demo on the second day, if they are "Tomorrow"s Game" I wait, download goes fine and usually no glitches.

Now, when I download this game tomorrow, I knock on wood my luck holds.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Oct 26, 13 9:14 AM
I have the roses but when I go back to the statues to place the roses I lost my cursor. Game also froze. Had to use CTL, ALT, Del to close game. Will try uninstalling and reinstalling later to see if that corrects problem. If not, will not consider buying the game until glitches are fixed.

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Oct 26, 13 10:00 AM
Same here. I keep getting knocked back to desk top and then I keep clicking on icon and it comes back only to do same thing again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled game with same results. This seems to be a problem with a few of us. I hope Big Fish comes up with an answer.

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Oct 26, 13 4:59 PM
I cannot get this game to download at all. I have deleted and reinstalled Game Manager three times. I guess my next step is to go to Tech Support.

ginabj1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by ginabj1 on Oct 26, 13 11:55 PM
also having the same issue.. can we get a fix soon?

akfrosty
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by akfrosty on Oct 27, 13 12:33 AM
Having the freezing issues also. When it is fixed then I will buy it.

ginabj1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by ginabj1 on Oct 27, 13 12:34 AM
game won't even come on now and it goes back and forth between the manager and the game with the game never coming up.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Oct 27, 13 3:07 AM
Anyone got to the bonus chapter yet? I need a coin to pay the ferryman. I picked up the coin (in front of the guy in the pit) earlier on in chapter but now it's disappeared from my inventary. Can't finish game without it.

After coming out of the game to write above in forum I went back into the game and low and behold there was the coin sitting in my inventary again. Don't know what happened,but it seems to be fixed now.

Edited on 10/27/2013 at 3:19:18 AM PST

New1
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by New1 on Oct 27, 13 3:51 AM
akfrosty wrote:Having the freezing issues also. When it is fixed then I will buy it.
I agree, I will only buy if it get's fixed!!

dollym123
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by dollym123 on Oct 27, 13 2:22 PM
graytori wrote:Same here. I keep getting knocked back to desk top and then I keep clicking on icon and it comes back only to do same thing again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled game with same results. This seems to be a problem with a few of us. I hope Big Fish comes up with an answer.

I just played the demo and it isn't fixed yet. I want to buy it today, but I'm going to wait until the issues are fixed.

gunpowder

[Post New]by linnetje on Oct 28, 13 6:03 AM
when i want to get the gunpowder with the theacup it freezes, i can't pick it back up??i left the pop-up and closed the game; re-opend but nothing so now i'm stuck in this level pff

amma1951
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by amma1951 on Oct 29, 13 4:12 PM
I have the same problem and also whenever I "click" on an object, my screen flashes and then finally knocks me back to my desktop. I brought this game today and this is the first problem like this I have had with any download. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the game, but the problem still exist.

amma1951
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by amma1951 on Oct 29, 13 4:15 PM
Yes, I am having all these problems plus a "flashing" whenever I click on anything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game, AND I brought this game unaware of problems. Any suggestions?

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Nov 8, 13 7:47 PM
In some of the scenes I get a white box at the top with pale, unreadable, yellow writing. In most games there are black boxes with directions, comments, etc. If I continue to play it will be like on "extremely difficult" instead of my usual "normal". I have a Mac. Anyone else having this problem?

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Nov 11, 13 6:56 PM
After three tries...I am going to uninstall & delete existing data apps for this game. The tech issue on this game for me has been the very first HO scene, gets to last item of where the 'heart' is located, and since I needed a 'hint' the game closed out, went back to BFApp with 'play again'!...Well NO!...I have also purchased many CEs lately with no 'issues' but this is odd for a CE?
I would reinstall but seems like even the posting gamers have other screen shots with questionable 'glitches'.
Lets...

2thick4u
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by 2thick4u on Nov 14, 13 11:02 AM
Anyone having problems playing the bonus game? I picked up the paper and went to the ticket booth and it kicks me out to desk top. I have tried it a couple of times and it continues to do this.

Go to: