The barrel tic tac toe minigame on the island

[Post New]by vrandolph54 on Oct 27, 13 1:43 PM
The tic tac toe barrel's solution in the strategy guide does not work , how do I reset the minigame?

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,072 Posts

Re:The barrel tic tac toe minigame on the island

[Post New]by orphaned on Oct 27, 13 1:56 PM
hello and welcome - your first post - WONDERFUL!!

hate to give you my bad habits but I just skipped this one - there are some styles am so terrible at.

at least you can then go forward in the game; however am sure someone will read this and tell you exactly what to do to reset.

not as much help as would like to be but will check in out for you nonetheless.

Happy gaming!!

swedane
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

The barrel tic tac toe minigame on the island

[Post New]by swedane on Oct 27, 13 2:31 PM
vrandolph54 wrote:The tic tac toe barrel's solution in the strategy guide does not work , how do I reset the minigame?
Not all of the mini games can be reset, which is kinda frustrating! Perhaps you just mis-clicked!! I solved it with help from the guide.

diji
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by diji on Oct 28, 13 5:11 AM
I can't get this game to reset or skip. Once I tried it for a while I went to the strategy guide to get help but it is no longer in the original position! VERY FRUSTRATED! I can't move past this. Please help

[Post New]by sparkynugget84 on Oct 28, 13 5:33 AM
I didn't follow the strategy guide on this puzzle, I just kept clicking until it finally worked, lol.

If you click on Gears, the owl (bottom left of the screen) you can skip the puzzles.

Good luck!

tookat
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Oct 28, 13 8:53 AM
ohai....
It would be nice if Mad Head would put a reset switch on all their games.
Heck...It would be more than nice if ALL the devs put reset switches on all the games.....hint, hint, hint Big Fish Big People!

This game I found only succumbed to the patience of scattershot chaos technique.
but.....it does eventually turn to a very satisfying all zeros.

[Post New]by michal95 on Oct 28, 13 10:48 AM
What ended up working for me is ... I went thru the strategy guide's answer ... then added the last click on G. That worked for me. This was after I closed and reopened the mini-game. Hope that works for you. Or I might have just got lucky. I didn't have the option to skip with the owl, not sure why.

Sheilas2a
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Sheilas2a on Oct 28, 13 12:55 PM
If you change the difficulty to "easy" then the solution in the Strategy Guide works. Then go in and change your difficulty back to whatever you want it to be.

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,072 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Oct 28, 13 1:05 PM
Sheilas2a

OMG!! never even thought of that - you clever bunny!!! errr, fishie.

What an elegant and brilliant and SIMPLE solution!! (once you know it, that is!)

THANK YOU!!!!!!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
593 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 28, 13 5:37 PM
Just swimming by to say that mini games do have a skip button. Not Gears, the little owl helper, but a small icon at the left top of each mini game scene. I don't remember if this applies to all of the minis, forgive me about that, but I'm pretty sure it does to most of them. If someone wishes to skip one of course.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,420 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Nov 6, 13 12:31 AM
TAMMYTHEO...u saved me from admitting me self to the 'loony house' (well relatively speaking)...i tried the SG solution more than once, checked all the threads here concerning 'barrel', even clicked on 'gears the owl' but he was on a long 'zzzzzz'...Thanks just went back, clicked on the 'red button' upper left corner of puzzle window...BAM!...DONE...got the flower and moved on...so am gone happy gaming again!.
Lets....

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,515 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Nov 6, 13 8:54 AM
Sheilas2a wrote:If you change the difficulty to "easy" then the solution in the Strategy Guide works. Then go in and change your difficulty back to whatever you want it to be.

Thank you Sheilas2a. This did work, but I had to exit the entire game and go back in (same profile; just changed the difficulty).

So frustrating not to have a reset button.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
593 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Nov 6, 13 5:41 PM
letsdoit wrote:TAMMYTHEO...u saved me from admitting me self to the 'loony house' (well relatively speaking)...i tried the SG solution more than once, checked all the threads here concerning 'barrel', even clicked on 'gears the owl' but he was on a long 'zzzzzz'...Thanks just went back, clicked on the 'red button' upper left corner of puzzle window...BAM!...DONE...got the flower and moved on...so am gone happy gaming again!.
Lets....

Glad I have letsdoit! By the way, love how you sign off and your nickname too!

Happy gaming!

Edited on 11/06/2013 at 11:11:54 PM PST

[Post New]by pamela5796 on Nov 8, 13 7:24 PM
Can't remember who said it above about the the little red circle in top left hand corner to skip the tick-tac-toe puzzle, but many many THANKS!! It was staring me in the face and I overlooked it. I thought I was going to jump off the roof until I found the red circle to skip the puzzle. Thanks again whoever reminded me of the red circle!!

Happy Gaming!!

Edited on 11/08/2013 at 7:25:30 PM PST

mschannon
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by mschannon on Nov 12, 13 1:34 PM
Little button upper left as someone said does work. On easy, we couldn't get the strategy guide to work either. However, just by random clicking, I got the Xs in the upper rows, lower rows & center piece, I clicked the center piece & it went all Os. Stupid to pay for a collector's edition where the strategy guide doesn't work though.

clhp1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by clhp1 on Nov 27, 13 7:54 AM
Exit the game & restart it. The barrel will be reset. You don't have to start the game over. It will return to where you exited.

Go to: