Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Still no Diamonds on the 5th day !!!

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 27, 13 7:54 PM
For the last few days I have had question marks in the 5th day section where you usually see the diamonds for the daily bonus. Today I got my 5th day bonus: 2 compasses. I would have preferred diamonds, but I can always hope that they will be tossed in every now and then.

Edited on 11/10/2013 at 1:09:06 AM PST

dbercellie
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:No more Diamonds on the 5th day

[Post New]by dbercellie on Oct 28, 13 8:47 AM
This time I got energy points ( I didn't notice how much) instead of the compasses.

SnowBunnyB16
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,493 Posts

[Post New]by SnowBunnyB16 on Oct 28, 13 6:22 PM
I have been complaining about the compasses since the update but have been unable to get a response from the moderators.

The daily bonuses are set up to increase in value for every day that you play. I am sure I am not the only one who thinks that the 2 compasses have no value and are a poor excuse as a reward for playing 5 days in a row.

I know there were other issues with the Daily Bonus since the update and "they" were looking into it. I asked if the 5th day reward was also being addressed but have not gotten any answer.

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Oct 28, 13 6:30 PM
I'm ok with not getting diamonds on the 5th day, because we get diamonds in all sorts of other ways now, which is fun!

But what I am wondering is why they are stuck on giving compasses, and once in a while some energy. I mean, why compasses all the time? Why not different things like the ones that come in the floating box?

All those compasses....don't need that many.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 28, 13 11:47 PM
I don't care for the compasses either. Never use them.

I did still get the diamonds last time I got to the 5th day just over a week ago, but then it suddenly changed to the question marks.

I much prefer to get the diamonds, because "a girl can never have enough of those". I certainly can do much more with diamonds than I can do with a couple of compasses. *sigh*

I am guessing that the devs just want to make it more and more difficult to get through the game without putting down any real cash - and I have never paid a penny of real money for any of the free games I played so far, and have no intention of doing so in the future.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 29, 13 5:40 AM
Today I have filled up my pumpkin and got my present. Now that is a nice way to hand out goodies. LOTS of diamonds, and food as well. Just love it how it's done this way. Even better than getting 5 diamonds every 5 days.

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Oct 30, 13 10:28 AM
Yeah, I would rather have the diamonds back myself. I very seldom use the compass either. The only time I do ever use them is when I'm using my "amulets" gained for the Halloween Collection. You only have them active for 10 minutes, and when I get to the last item in a location and don't find it immediately, I will use the compass then. I refuse to waste a single second of my 5x money or my 1 energy regained per second items.

On an related note (but not related to this thread, lol), I have NEVER used an hourglass. Now that is a totally useless item. I mean it would be okay if it froze the countdown to finding the next item to get a bonus, but it doesn't from what I've been told. Anyway, all that to say that I miss the diamonds too.

Laurafj
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by Laurafj on Oct 30, 13 4:51 PM
Cisdaman wrote:

On an related note (but not related to this thread, lol), I have NEVER used an hourglass. Now that is a totally useless item. I mean it would be okay if it froze the countdown to finding the next item to get a bonus, but it doesn't from what I've been told. Anyway, all that to say that I miss the diamonds too.

I couldn't agree more. I have suggested several different times that they repurpose that amulet but, so far, no change.

SnowBunnyB16
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,493 Posts

[Post New]by SnowBunnyB16 on Oct 30, 13 8:17 PM
I've never used the hourglass either. I wish there would be an option for selling back the items that you don't want/need.

Laurafj
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by Laurafj on Oct 30, 13 10:45 PM
SnowBunnyB16 wrote:I've never used the hourglass either. I wish there would be an option for selling back the items that you don't want/need.

I would love it if we could 'trade in' (within our own game) items we don't need in exchange for items we do, in effect 'friending' ourselves. As an example, I could exchange 25 dragon eggs for one gift box. Wouldn't that be nice?!

Edited on 10/30/2013 at 10:46:56 PM PST

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Oct 31, 13 6:09 AM
Laurafj wrote: I would love it if we could 'trade in' (within our own game) items we don't need in exchange for items we do, in effect 'friending' ourselves. As an example, I could exchange 25 dragon eggs for one gift box. Wouldn't that be nice?

That would indeed be a great thing for developers to add to the game. There are so many items that hardly ever show up or even seem to never appear (I think mainly due to greedy developers wanting us to buy diamonds to make certain collections). So it would be great to trade off my 200 dragon eggs for some things that I know are in a certain location but never show up, regardless of me searching that place 9 or 10 times in a row!

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Oct 31, 13 8:22 AM
I've had a blast with the Halloween stuff...lots of diamonds, which is helpful, since those new collections are EXPENSIVE! Love the amulets with the extra cash and energy. I'm wondering what we're supposed to do with all the candy (try about a thousand each of orange and black, and a decent number of candy apples...on my game it's the gingerdead that's scarce) after the promo is over. Now THAT would be nice to be able to trade for other "goodies"...I'm in desperate need of multi-tools, wire, rune stones, etc.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 31, 13 9:58 PM
Oh, what a disappointment. The Halloween Pumpkin is gone from the main scene, and so is the Pumpkin floater. But strangely enough the "Special" Collection for the Pumpkin is still there.

Now, I tried many times to get those objects needed from the Pumpkin floater, but only ever got lollipops and energy and such, never once did I get those other objects. So that's a real disappointment for me, because I never had the chance to do this special collection.

[Post New]by butterflybear on Nov 1, 13 6:19 AM
I currently have 50 compasses. I don't need more. They are not incentive to play daily for me. Aside from all else, the diamonds on the 5th day were great incentive to play daily. Since there is not a relevant time restriction on finding items, I never use the compasses. Now, I might or might not play daily. Maybe they don't care, because I also NEVER spend money and still won't even if I need diamonds. I will just wait.
I could consider this a good think. Now I don't have to pressure myself to come in every day. This is the second game that I play that downgraded bonuses on the latest upgrade. I wonder if they think it will cause us non-paying players to pay?
Not this one... I can find other things to do and other games to play.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Nov 1, 13 6:23 AM
I don't need compasses either, not a great incentive to play daily as people have already said.
I don't think it will force players to spend money either. A happy player spends money if they want to, unhappy players just dwindle away. It was always the same on Facebook games.

I'm also very sad to see the end of Halloween Jack and stuff related to him. It was a sudden departure, must have been on the dot of midnight!!!!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 1, 13 10:50 AM
Hello All,

I just wanted to pop in to let you know that we're looking into the daily bonuses and will let you know when we have anymore information about those.

Thanks for the feedback!

bfgDeveron

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Nov 1, 13 10:54 AM
bfgDeveron wrote:Hello All,

I just wanted to pop in to let you know that we're looking into the daily bonuses and will let you know when we have anymore information about those.

Thanks for the feedback!

bfgDeveron

Thanks!

[Post New]by nkwgreeneyes on Nov 1, 13 7:06 PM
Thank you for replying about looking into the daily bonuses. I miss the diamonds on the 5th day. I don't use the compass, hourglass etc. No use to me at all. I did enjoy the Halloween extras, only thing is I was only a couple of Gingerdead and Toffee Apple away from completing the Pumpkin bonus and it's now gone. Wish you had kept it, just a couple of days past Halloween. Oh well, at least I completed it once. I was hoping to get all those diamonds. Speaking of, it seems as if I've lost some in the last day. Hmmmm, wonder why?

[Post New]by missjaida11 on Nov 1, 13 10:51 PM
I am thinking this pumpkin might come back with Thanksgiving. & use the candy suckers for Christmas, What do you all think? I too think the compasses are useless. I also agree about trading them or the hourglsses I think I have like 200 or more of these items. But I will say I really want to Thank the team for the last update. It was so much fun. Can't wait to see Thanksgiving update that I think wii be comming. Mybe the gun or rifle what ever you want to call it. Will be for shooting wild Turkeys. That would be a good one. Happy gameing everyone. I just hope with the next update we don't lose any thing, I have tried to save the game but I ended up losing part of it instead.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 7, 13 5:19 PM
I just saw that I will get 5 Diamonds again on the 5th day !!

Thanks devs for putting it back.

ETA: I just edited my heading so that peeps know they are back.

Edited on 11/07/2013 at 5:20:44 PM PST

Go to: