[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Oct 28, 13 9:06 AM
Opened for formal reviews

Edited on 10/28/2013 at 9:40:52 AM PST

Re:Reviews for Fill and Cross: Trick or Treat

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Oct 28, 13 9:08 AM
Unsophisticated & Low Key Fun!

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
The few minutes when I am not playing HOPAs, I spend with this type of game. This one is not particularly memorable, but it is a pleasant game if you’re looking for a Halloween-theme.

The first thing that caught my eye was that the backgrounds in this game are from the HOPA game “Shadows: The Price For Our Sins”. This is not a complaint – I liked the graphics.

GAMEPLAY
This puzzle type is called all sorts of names, nangrams, mosaics, and many more. Here it is called Fill & Cross. (Skip the next paragraph if you know this kind of puzzle)

The idea of it is we get a tiled grid of 5x5 (to begin with) tiles, all empty. Surrounding this grid are sequences of numbers. You must use logic to figure out the pattern, and whether a tile is “on” or “off” in. The result is a usually pretty strange interpretation of the image you are looking to create. At low levels this is a fairly simple game once you've got the hang of it. But it's not long before it becomes mind-bendingly difficult.

This game’s play seems no different to any other mosaic. The question marks on the right bar are up to 6 hints, where one hint gives one tile. You are allowed up to 8 mistakes (locks on the right bar). Hint and Mistake allowance is different according to each game.

You get random candies under some tiles. These you can use in the shop to buy yourself useful artifacts such as “extra hints”, or to buy trophies.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
Light weight fun, which promises to keep you busy and challenged for endless hours.

I recommend this game!

Edited on 10/28/2013 at 9:09:05 AM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Oct 28, 13 9:41 AM
Thanks for getting us started JustTheFacts!

What do you think of Fill and Cross: Trick or Treat ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other users here!

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by HarvestHome on Oct 29, 13 5:52 AM
I played the first set of 13 puzzles and two of them were not traditional nonograms since they contained more than one solution and required guessing. Otherwise, the music sounded like a score from a dark and dreary movie. I thought the developers should allow mistakes to be made and have a 'submit' button when you were finished (like the free Nongrams that are online.) But the unforgiving nature of making any mistakes was unforgivable.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Oct 29, 13 10:28 AM
I played for approximately half an hour. I could not find if there was an option to right click to mark the blank tiles, so I found the game very clunky and awkward to play. I love this type of game and just finished World Mosaic 7. I am undecided about getting this game even with a coupon because I found it so awkward to play.

suss1
Clownfish
Clownfish
555 Posts

[Post New]by suss1 on Oct 29, 13 11:05 AM
Mamalita wrote:I played for approximately half an hour. I could not find if there was an option to right click to mark the blank tiles, so I found the game very clunky and awkward to play. I love this type of game and just finished World Mosaic 7. I am undecided about getting this game even with a coupon because I found it so awkward to play.

I am saying the same as Mamalita!!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Reviews for Fill and Cross: Trick or Treat

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Oct 29, 13 2:20 PM
I had no problem using right-click to mark blanks.

However, I resent a game that gives you a trophy for not using any hints thru N games in a row--but, as a previous reviewer points out, has at least two puzzles where only using hints prevents mistakes!

Moreover, there are no labels on any of the designs, so one is left to guess what the designers meant to portray, in some cases w/ less certainty than others.

Definitely not a buy for me, so I'm not worried about how many puzzles it provides.

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Oct 31, 13 10:19 AM
I love nonagrams (mosaics) but this game is not for true fans. Reason? Unless I'm really missing something, this is one version in which you DO have to guess in many (if not most) of the puzzles. That's against the rules for a developer, IMO. I know there are times when one must use logic to make the proper choice between two or more options, but I have found over and over again that logic doesn't work and a "guess" is the only choice. Has anyone else noticed this??

Go to: