www_pk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

West Virginia

[Post New]by www_pk on Oct 28, 13 5:48 PM
I apologize if this has already been asked. I looked at several discussions and didn't find any thoughts about how to start the West Virginia auction site. I've upgraded and customized everything available, including the boat dock, except for the coming soon buildings. What else needs to be done to get into West Virginia? All it says is upgrade everything to Level One. Since some folks have talked about the West Virginia site, I take it the coming soon houses aren't part of the requirement. What is it I'm not doing? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Re:West Virginia

[Post New]by mellowtraumatic on Oct 28, 13 6:11 PM
I'm guessing that the houses that are coming soon are part of the requirement for that city to open. Probably many people like myself got impatient and unlocked it with gold. It took 54 gold bars but it was worth it to me. I'm all for immediate gratification.

[Post New]by Sylvanmoonscape on Oct 29, 13 4:12 AM
I too am stuck on this one. I've upgraded everything to Level 2, and am now in the process of moving them to Level 3 (if they're not already), but still have no joy on unlocking the site. And I've nowhere near enough gold, and don't intend to buy it.

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Oct 29, 13 8:07 AM
Yeah, I have fixed every available building to level 5 and I have now customized every available building as well. I have purchased one of each outdoor items for all 3 towns, and have unlocked all mini games except the ones that require level 47 or higher. There is no way to unlock West Virginia without spending gold bars. I'm guessing there will be a new quest added in the coming update that will unlock this city.

Having said that, I have spent the gold bars to unlock this hidden object city, and I am already almost to professional level in it. There are tons of elusive collector items in this city, with the Stove Pipe Hat, the Automobile Photo 2, the Warm Scarf, and the Prickly Scarf just being 4 of them. If you have the gold bars, you might do yourself the favor and unlock it.

derbyteam
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by derbyteam on Oct 29, 13 12:47 PM
I too paid to open it but the last 20 set of boards were not there like the rest I feel ripped off. I just play it when I get enough energy so I can advance to the next level. P.S. it was worth it.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Nov 18, 13 4:05 AM
It's still locked for me even after the most recent updates (v. 1.2). It does say to upgrade all buildings to level 1 and all of mine are at level 5 and it is still locked.

One blgd I had forgotten about was the Wharf in Beechwood Cove because it doesn't really look like a building, but it is now upgraded as well and still no WV for me.

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Nov 18, 13 4:23 AM
They are including the two "coming soon" buildings for this quest. So in order to have all buildings at level one, we would have to have access to the two buildings they haven't opened yet. The only way to open it is to shell out the 54 gold. Since we are able to get a bunch of free gold with the Thanksgiving quests, it is not as bad as having to spend your usual hard earned gold on it. I will say, opening this scene will give you the final needed item for many of the collections including the car 2 picture, and flowing elegance of gold pen in addition to many more of the items. It was definitely worth the 54 gold even before the Thanksgiving quests were open. Hope this helps.

texasmemaw
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by texasmemaw on Dec 2, 13 12:39 PM
Thanks. It does help, but now I have to save up 54 gold bars. Bummer!

derbyteam
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by derbyteam on Dec 2, 13 2:31 PM
I do not know what level you are on but read the acheivements I did get some gold that way.

Go to: