bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Comments

[Post New]by bribling on Oct 29, 13 2:03 AM
This game has very nice graphics and OK music but the game play seems a bit amateurish. I was bored early on and I really wanted to like the game because I enjoyed the TV series. Puzzles are not new and have been done better by other Devs. The annoying "light the scene" antics in the shed ended the game for me. I felt like Ryan's gofer. The device to detect ghosts (I have already forgotten what it is called) felt like busy work, there seemed little point to using it other than to just have a game gimic. It made little sense. The real device does not work that way. I wonder how much the Devs of this game knew about what the crew at paranormal State actually does? Some scenes were too dark. Even at a regular price (and I have numerous coupons) this game just did not interest me after I spent a lot of time lighting up two rooms only to find yet another room to light. Sorry, it's a No Buy for me.

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

Re:Comments

[Post New]by spenny1 on Oct 29, 13 3:54 AM
I have to say that I'm not optimistic about this one, especially if the screen shots are anything to go by. What does "Bit up all the stones from the board" mean? Developer mistake, highlighted by Big Fish obviously not checking things before including them on the game page.

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Oct 29, 13 4:42 AM
I haven't tried the game but when "Fantastic instructions" is listed as one of the selling points of the game, I certainly don't have high hopes.

Edited on 10/29/2013 at 4:43:02 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 29, 13 4:53 AM
Bought the game and so far am liking the game. I am playing on expert mode and haven't skipped a puzzle yet. Not saying there might be one down the road that will get me. @spenny, the "bit up all the stones" might be Legacy's play on words cause I seen quite a bit of that in the game. But I am not disappointed to have used a PCC. Enjoy if you're playing.

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Oct 29, 13 5:54 AM
Was checking out the screen shots to see if they intrigued me, and the last one with all the little stones .....the instructions on the bottom say "Bit up all of the stones". I assume they mean "Light" up. But if the translation is not clear on a screen shot, this game may be riddled with "new" words. Think I'll pass and go back to my Zombie Solitaire.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Oct 29, 13 6:53 AM
Well, I lost interest right from the start where the guy tells you to answer his cell phone -- if you can find it. How important is that call???

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Oct 29, 13 7:18 AM
I just bought this game after the demo ran out. I hope more fun games keep coming out. Thanks BF

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Oct 29, 13 8:20 AM
cottoncandy2 wrote:Well, I lost interest right from the start where the guy tells you to answer his cell phone -- if you can find it. How important is that call???

lol. . .too funny!!!

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on Oct 29, 13 8:41 AM
I got to beta this game and agree that it was a bit old-fashioned. It seems that when TV stations try to build a game based on one of their popular shows, they don't take the time to see what the best developers are doing.

It wasn't awful, just not up to par with the great games being produced. I will probably get it with a credit just because I'm curious how they will rewrite Civil War history.

The cell phone comment by cottoncandy2 was priceless. I'm still chuckling.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 29, 13 9:14 AM
Ooh creepy, just right for Halloween. I don't watch the show but I like the game. No giant roots overtaking a town, no flying red eyed monsters or black swirling tornados, just a good scary ghost story. It's a buy for me.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Oct 29, 13 1:28 PM
Is it great?
Possibly not....but it doesn't look as bad......
and,It is a great way to use a Free Game coupon....and that makes me happy.

In a perfect world they would all be winners, but I will settle for "doesn't drive me bananas" in order to use another coupon before the date on it rolls past due.

The graphics are clear and well designed (although some of the games and the HOGS are kind of pleh).
They are taking the trouble to make it spooky and it is Halloween week.
I intend to have fun.

Edited on 10/29/2013 at 1:30:17 PM PST

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Oct 29, 13 3:37 PM
I enjoyed it.

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Oct 29, 13 9:44 PM
what tv show?

tookat - understood!!!

am enjoying this - glad I try, buy, then read or would not have many games!!!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Oct 30, 13 6:21 AM
It really is an OK game but I saw nothing new in the Demo and, as I said earlier, it is a bit amateurish. It is on a par with most TV show games I have demo'd. They all are good beginner games but if you are not a beginner you may just find these TV games boring at the least. It's really too bad that the gameplay itself does not equal the good graphics.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Oct 31, 13 7:21 PM
Thank you all for your comments and reviews!!!! I appreciate your time...
The review section is a little skimpy these days.

Care

[Post New]by puppynurse on Nov 3, 13 3:57 PM
I actually really liked this game and I have played it twice now from start to finish there are times when it is mildly frustrating but for the most part pretty easy to play and of a significant length for a se version game, no the graphics are not as good as some games but they are not terrible either. I like the idea of using the tools and the background music is very tribal and not obtrusive. It is a matter of opinion really there are some games I have tried that got great reviews that I just did not like and then there are other games that got so so reviews that I love and continue to play so my best recommendation is to try if you like the trial it means you will like the game and buy it. I tend to buy mostly collector editions but I will from time to time get a se version.

[Post New]by nanmaru on Nov 3, 13 5:39 PM
I liked the game too but its not working correctly. The hint button does not work and I can't see to go any further because the map does not help. Very disappointed.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 7, 13 6:11 AM
Annoying game. Terrible way to present the "travel" map! No real sense of direction in the game and very picky pixels in the HO scenes. So many times it was obvious what had to be done with the interactive stuff, but it took many tries to actually do it. Then, on top of everything else, we have a "native American" with a Southern Belle accent! Glad I only used a coupon for this game, but I don't think it was even worth the coupon.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 9, 13 4:52 AM
I decided to play this one wearing my headphones as they are better than the speakers on my laptop.
Definitely added to the atmosphere of the game so far....am having a good spooky time.

Dang....I DO wish they would have let us pick up and look at some of the photos and items in the soldiers diary that was found.

Go to: