bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

12 Labours of Hercules

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 30, 13 12:29 AM
Accompany Hercules on a quest to rescue his wife, kidnapped by the evil Hades in 12 Labours of Hercules! You'll meet heroes from Ancient Greece as you vanquish beasts, repair roads and construct wonders in this stunning Time Management game!

No magical creatures were harmed in the making of the game. They're all actors.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Re:12 Labours of Hercules

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Oct 30, 13 3:16 AM
This game seems nice. Is it?

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Oct 30, 13 4:08 AM
A few quick comments based on early observations in the demo.

It does have both timed and relaxed modes.

You can chain tasks, and they will be done in the order you select them.

The graphics are charming and colorful.

I think if's well worth a PCC, and also I'm going to gift it to my daughter.

DK

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 30, 13 4:23 AM
dk5793 wrote:A few quick comments based on early observations in the demo.

It does have both timed and relaxed modes.

You can chain tasks, and they will be done in the order you select them.

The graphics are charming and colorful.

I think if's well worth a PCC, and also I'm going to gift it to my daughter.

DK

Thank you so much DK. You answered all my questions lol. I was going to check for myself, but you made it so nicely convenient. It's sold :

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Oct 30, 13 5:16 AM
Sorry to say TM not my kind of game.But for those fishies been waiting for one have a good time playing.Doesn't look like we're going to get a spooky one for Halloween

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Oct 30, 13 7:10 AM
The "relaxed" mode still has a timer, although it does seem to give you more time. My trial ran out before I could determine if you can continue on even if you run out of time or not. (I had to start a second profile since I couldn't figure out how to change from "challenge" to "relaxed" within the game, or even if that's possible.) Can you keep going in "relaxed" after you run out of time, or do you have to restart the level? If you can't continue it's a no-buy for me.

glenard
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by glenard on Oct 30, 13 8:16 AM
I have the same questions as "mgpaquin". I just played the demo and did not see a choice for relaxed or timed mode. Am I missing something? I am a senior who loves to play games to keep my mind active and will not buy a TM game unless it has a relaxed mode. I like to take my time and just enjoy a game.

[Post New]by megatema on Oct 30, 13 8:33 AM
glenard wrote:I have the same questions as "mgpaquin". I just played the demo and did not see a choice for relaxed or timed mode. Am I missing something? I am a senior who loves to play games to keep my mind active and will not buy a TM game unless it has a relaxed mode. I like to take my time and just enjoy a game.

It's possible to choose game mode when you first time click Play button in the main menu, after that you aren't able to change it. But you can create another player instead. Anyway, you can keep going to play and complete level even if you are run out of level time in any mode.

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Oct 30, 13 9:30 AM
I just finished the demo and am definitely thinking about using a freebie on it. I'm not a big fan of most time management games as most are totally the same with the exception of "story". This game was different though through the ability to earn achievements, build classic Greek Mythology structures through earning gold success, and even features boss battle mini games at the ends of the levels.

Again, as a person who isn't really a fan of time management, this game was a pleasant surprise.

Edited on 10/30/2013 at 9:58:47 AM PST

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Oct 30, 13 9:53 AM
I usually like these games but I found this one boring. I've had no trouble getting gold on all the levels In the demo and twice so far the main (and only goal) has been to fix the pointer. Sorrry, devs, but is that the limit of your imagination?? This is Hercules...

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Oct 30, 13 11:22 AM
I'm not getting this game because, although it does, indeed, have a "relaxed" mode, they ruin it by nagging you to get gold! Yes, you get more points or whatever for every level on which you attain the holy grail of achievement. So there's still pressure, and I have plenty of games which are actually relaxing.
Twinsoniclab, I love your apt comments on accuracy!

Ariinya
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Ariinya on Oct 30, 13 11:30 AM
I was wondering how you get the "Trickster" trophy. I'm a little confused by the description in game: "Servant must collect one resource once all objectives are met." Do I try to time the last goal so that, just before it's finished, I send someone to get something? Usually, though, everything is gone by that time.

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Oct 30, 13 11:38 AM
Ariinya wrote:I was wondering how you get the "Trickster" trophy. I'm a little confused by the description in game: "Servant must collect one resource once all objectives are met." Do I try to time the last goal so that, just before it's finished, I send someone to get something? Usually, though, everything is gone by that time.

On some levels the resources renew. If the last object is for example building a bridge and the guy is running back from the bridge and you then send a worker out to collect a resource then you get the trickster trophy.

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Oct 30, 13 1:36 PM
This is a nice TM game. Pretty easy to follow and I really like that the "chained" tasks show up with a Pennant that tells you the order in which they will be completed. That way, if you want to revise or eliminate one, you know exactly which one to select.

I used a Punch Card coupon and think I'll enjoy this one on days when I just want to let my mind "zen" out....

The story makes no sense, and it certainly does not match the myth (i.e. a helpful Medusa... .) but it's fun and not to be taken too seriously.

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Oct 30, 13 1:52 PM
I played for half an hour and decided to purchase with one of my game credits. I really enjoyed playing the game as the speed was fast enough, the music nice, the noises made were not annoying. I liked the idea that you could chain instructions, even when you were in yellow and didn't have quite enough money/wood/food, you could chain it in so when you did they would go there first. I guess part of it is I'm just needing something fun to play. I have so many fun games and have played many of them over and over, but I wanted something new.

I really miss Cake Mania/Dash series and their characters. Nothing has satisfied that "funness" which I know isn't a word but I'm making it one, which I crave. I even found out Cake Mania 3, which is my absolute favorite of the series can't be played any more because it won't work on my version of Windows. Since the developers aren't working on them any more it can't be fixed and I am so sad. I wish someone could get the code and fix it.

Anyway, back to THIS game. It is fun.....for now...but I'm still sad more fun games aren't being developed/offered.

Edited on 10/30/2013 at 1:53:41 PM PST

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Oct 30, 13 4:01 PM
I forgot to check to see how long or how many levels there are. Could somebody comment, please?

glenard
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by glenard on Oct 30, 13 4:31 PM
Thank you to "megatema" for your reply. I do plan on buying this game so will definitely look for the right spot to change to relaxed.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Oct 31, 13 7:31 AM
twinsoniclab wrote:One thing that bothers me is the entire premise, so it ruins the entire game for me.

Hercules (or Heracles) killed his first wife and children, which is why he was required to perform "labors. His wife, first, second, or third, was not taken by Hades!
Persephone was his half-sister, and she was the one kidnapped by Hades. She became his (Hades') wife. She helped Hercules complete his last labor.

I know... it's just a game, but I wish they wouldn't jumble up stories this way!

I do play the odd TM game now and again, but not this one, because of the errors. I'm pretty much a myth purist! A good fairly new game that gets it right is The Path of Hercules, but it isn't TM.

Oh, and a flying horse? Disney is the one who put Pegasus in Hercules, he really belongs in Perseus! Oh, how Disney has changed so many stories and no one is any the wiser. How about that Little Mermaid? Talk about a changed ending!

I completely agree with hating the messed up myths and it happens in every game based on myth I can think of. It's a shame because the original stories themselves are classics for a reason!

I can understand (even if I don't agree, lol) with changing some elements for a "G" rating, but they go way beyond that, as if no one developing these games even knows the myths.

I'll be checking this one out in any case. I'm just used to games having great premises with horrible plot/story/character executions. I don't see this changing any time soon. It's sad to see a generation being exposed to such jacked up versions of myth and folklore though, Disney being the most egregious!

Edited on 10/31/2013 at 7:32:38 AM PST

[Post New]by oscarangel on Nov 2, 13 10:50 AM
My game keeps crashing when i get to the last boulder in scare the eagle, my screen freezes and I have to employ task manager it has happened four times now could anyone help please, thanks x

[Post New]by tyhayden on Dec 24, 13 3:29 PM
how do your work the bellows in the mini game before level 4?

Go to: