Level 3.8

[Post New]by drizzt202 on Oct 31, 13 6:35 AM
I can't seem to get a golden time on this level. Does anybody have any tips. I'm working as fast as I can, but I'm always too late.

suki26
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Level 3.8

[Post New]by suki26 on Oct 31, 13 7:00 AM
You need to build the 'stores', and upgrade them as you go. Only collect enough materials to upgrade the stores. Once all the stores are fully upgraded, collect the food and gold.

Upgrade the house as soon as you can, and collect one pile of gold to build the statue that makes the workers faster. But only collect food when you have upgraded stores.

The stores nearest the top of the map can't be upgraded, but build them first, then work down the map. (Don't collect the wood above these stores, until you've built the stores further down the screen).The middle two stores can be upgraded once. Do this as soon as you can, then work on the bottom two stores which can be upgraded twice.

Once the stores are fully upgraded collect the food and send the Hercules to break the rocks which reveals more gold.

You can then fill in the pits and collect the remaining gold.

Hope this makes sense and helps!

Edited on 10/31/2013 at 7:02:27 AM PST

[Post New]by drizzt202 on Oct 31, 13 7:09 AM
Thanx, I'll give it a go. Should work now.

[Post New]by faroucheqc on Oct 31, 13 1:01 PM
Thanks for the tip! I was going bunkers trying to get the gold for level 3.8 Loved this game. Probably on the easy side for TM regular players, but I rarely get all level gold and this time I did! YAY!!

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Nov 1, 13 1:28 PM
Thanks, suki -- you're the best!

DK

MammawJo
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by MammawJo on Nov 2, 13 4:16 AM
Thanks Suki! That really helps!

Starchild6
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by Starchild6 on Nov 2, 13 9:48 AM
Would someone be kind enough to tell me exactly what the stores do? I really appreciate your help with this level, Suki, but I can't figure out why it works!

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Nov 3, 13 1:37 AM
Thank you, I wouldn't have got this either!

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Nov 3, 13 9:53 AM
Eureka!
Finally got through this level - don't know exactly why this approach works, but it surely does. Thanks fishies!

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Nov 3, 13 12:56 PM
Starchild6, the Store increases the quantity you get from picking up an item. For example when you pick up a food(cheese wheel) you get 3 food. If you have a store at level 1 then every one you pick up is worth 4. If you upgrade the store then every one you pick up is worth 5, and so on. If you have two stores at level 2 then you get the original 3 + a bonus of 2 for the first store and another bonus of 2 for the second store for a total of 7. It does not increase the amount of supplies that come from the farm or workshop. The bonus applies to supplies, gold and food along the ground or in the recurring locations. If memory serves me I believe it also increases the amount you get from the gold mine. Feel free anyone to correct me on this. :-)

Edited on 11/03/2013 at 1:05:17 PM PST

[Post New]by MadGypsy on Nov 5, 13 4:26 PM
Thank you so much!

[Post New]by netti53 on Nov 9, 13 3:13 PM
Thank you - finally managed to get gold with your tips.

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on Nov 10, 13 5:05 AM
Thank you Audrey I did not understand what the stores do. You have saved me!

Go to: