bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Post Your Queen's Tales: The Beast and the Nightingale Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 31, 13 9:28 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post Your Queen's Tales: The Beast and the Nightingale Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here Onl

[Post New]by blueyes_32 on Oct 31, 13 10:16 AM
There is a major flaw in this game. As the game launches all you see are major black lines and bars running threw the entire game. My system freezes every time it gets to where it asks for your name. Its really annoying and I'm hoping there is an easy fix

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Post Your Queen's Tales: The Beast and the Nightingale Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here Onl

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Oct 31, 13 3:16 PM
Heya blueyes_32,

Usually when display issues like this happen, it's an indicated that an update is needed to help the computer communicate a little better with the game. For help with this, just click on the blue text below:

If that doesn't help, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can help out with this.

I hope this is resolved for you quickly!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by ladakib on Oct 31, 13 7:29 PM
Installation repeatedly fails after about 15%. I tried removing the game and reloading but am having the same problem, including after rebooting my laptop. I've never had issues with ERS games before. Please help!

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Oct 31, 13 8:32 PM
This is the THIRD game in a row that decided to freeze up mid game & I am NOT liking this trend. At this rate I will never be able to buy another game but at least I will be saving some money!!!!!

jill165x
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by jill165x on Nov 1, 13 2:12 PM
After covering all the usual bases, I submitted a message to tech support.

The game downloaded, installed and started up just fine. I didn't have any issues playing until starting Chapter 7 (of 8, I think) and now there is an area I can't click on without the game freezing.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 1, 13 3:30 PM
ladakib, often when a game stalls in that way, it's an indication that other software is getting in the way of the download. HERE'S a help article with the most common fixes for when that happens.

Hello nontechiegrannie, since this has started to happen more frequently, I'd really recommend contacting our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report, so they can take a look at your system and offer targeted suggestions to help sort through that issue.

jill165x, I'm hopeful our Tech Team will be able to help you out with those freezing issues. If you'd like to try some troubleshooting in the meantime, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling that game, just to be sure all of the files downloaded correctly to your computer.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

sea_maid
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by sea_maid on Nov 1, 13 4:11 PM
Have the same problem. Game blacks out at the beginning, it takes forever to load, and the intro scene is not even synchronized well (the written dialogue and the voices).
I installed it twice, to no avail.

Will have to wait and see whether they fix this problem before I can even play it.

jill165x
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by jill165x on Nov 1, 13 4:56 PM
Thanks @bfgDeveron. I did uninstall/reinstall after I checked for driver updates. No dice.

This happened once before and I had to start the game over. I was hoping to avoid it since I'm so far in.

jill165x
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by jill165x on Nov 1, 13 6:16 PM
I tried a fresh install and a new save game. I blew through the first six chapters in 1h15m....and the game froze in the Chapter 7 alcove again.

rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by rara3462 on Nov 2, 13 6:40 AM
played the demo fine, bought and downloaded full game, won't even start. reloaded same thing

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Nov 2, 13 4:27 PM
Another game that will not play. Got the usual: "Error Access Violation Oxobdeoe. tried to read from oxoooooooo. Program terminated. Yes, I tried again. Yes, I turned off the anti-virus. Yes, I tried to google it, no help. It seems like these days, about every 4th game or so just won't work and I get this same message. When looking online, it suggested a possible registry error, which is strange, since everything else works, except some of the new BF games.

rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Re:Post Your Queen's Tales: The Beast and the Nightingale Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here On

[Post New]by rara3462 on Nov 2, 13 4:35 PM
rara3462 wrote:played the demo fine, bought and downloaded full game, won't even start. reloaded same thing

Tried again 6 hours later and no joy this game does not want to work!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by QueenHalloween on Nov 2, 13 7:56 PM
I am having black lines and bars and no picture in this game. Get sound but black screen. Can't do anything. Installed and uninstalled and checked to make sure all graphics drivers were up to date. None of that fixed it. Was able to play all other games.

[Post New]by PegasusD on Nov 4, 13 7:37 PM
Hi Big Fish. I have purchased this game and played for an hour with no tech issues at all. After closing the game it now wont relaunch either from the desktop icon or from the game manager. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Gail15177 on Nov 8, 13 3:20 AM
Every time I start this game i get picture and sound ok, but the picture is continually flickering with several black bars running accross the screen. I have reinstalled the game twice on two different laptops a Toshiba and a Lenovo, to no avail.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 8, 13 2:09 PM
Hello All,

It sounds like most of you are having display issues.

What I'd recommend for those is checking for software or driver updates on your computers to make sure everything is running as smoothly as possible. To find out more about doing that, just click on the blue text below:

If you've already tried that (and it sounds like several of you have), the next step would be to contact our Tech Support Team so our Reps can offer more specialized suggestions.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

roesbud
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by roesbud on Nov 19, 13 10:19 AM
Just updated the game... getting a runtime error
"This application has requested tghe Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information"

Donq47
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Post Your Queen's Tales: The Beast and the Nightingale Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here O

[Post New]by Donq47 on Nov 20, 13 6:46 AM

Edited on 11/20/2013 at 7:12:19 AM PST

Re:Post Your Queen's Tales: The Beast and the Nightingale Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here On

[Post New]by brandiglenn on Nov 21, 13 9:23 PM
roesbud wrote:Just updated the game... getting a runtime error
"This application has requested tghe Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information"

Go to: