game_happy
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

EPISODES 5 - 8

[Post New]by game_happy on Nov 1, 13 3:50 AM
It's been over a year since Dying for Daylight episodes 1 through 4 was released.
I'm sure that players, myself included, are anxiously awaiting episodes 5 through 8.
I have researched ERS Game Studios and Charlaine Harris' websites including the BFG forum but cannot find any information regarding the release of the rest of this game.
Is there any new updates about this game? Would love to play it to the end.
Any information on the much anticipated release of the final episodes would be grealy appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Re:EPISODES 5 - 8

[Post New]by ADamselInDesign on Dec 12, 13 12:42 PM
This is not an ERS Games product. The developers are Nikitova Games who are apparently out of business. Several people have contacted Charlaine Harris directly asking about the much anticipated sequel and she flat out stated that she is not holding her breath for the second part. So, basically we have all been cheated and only get a cliffhanger of a game.

[Post New]by Geuken on Dec 14, 13 11:18 AM
How very disappointing! I would agree that it is a bit of a cheat selling us a game which is only part of a game in reality. I thoroughly enjoyed playing it and would have liked to play the second part to see how it all plays out. In future I think I will have to check out forum comments *before* purchasing to avoid disappointment!

I have been a big fan of Charlaine Harris and I'm sorry to see that she too has been left high and dry over this.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Feb 2, 14 5:44 PM
Couldn't some other game people take over the game. A lot of us would like to finish to story

[Post New]by ladyentrea on Jun 14, 14 11:49 AM
I mean really! Could not someone else that is into making games preview the first part and then make the second part up. That would be a good contest for Big Fish to do. See if they could find another that could finish the episodes for all the fans.
Do they need suggestions?

[Post New]by bettybrown922 on Jun 19, 14 11:30 AM
Just adding my own frustration & disgust to others! I loved this game - but was a bit t-off'ed at how short it was. BUT, at least there were promised future episodes. THREE YEARS LATER!!!! NOTHING!!! I don't know how to do computer graphics/art/etc., but I'm a writer and, sheesh, I'd almost do the writing for free at this point! (of course, then the game wouldn't be as fun for me ! )

Has ANYONE from BighFishGames ever addressed how upset their customers are? Somehow I doubt it. They got their $ - full price - for a "4 episode" game that took no time at all, then appeased us by promising future "episodes".

siladan
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by siladan on Jul 16, 14 8:17 AM
I want to add my voice to the plea for a continuation of this game.

BF, please look into another developer taking over this franchise. I realize there are licensing issues, but that's what a legal department is for. Approaching Ms. Harris shouldn't be a problem, as it's clear that she also wished for this to continue. The game has its own website, so it's still supported.... and if it was also available in the iPhone/Android format, mega-$$$. could be made. All in all, this game is a great business opportunity for a savvy developer.

[Post New]by AnotherMemory on Jul 29, 14 5:51 AM
Is it an idea to throw this game a in a kickstarter? See if we can convince enough people to play it and pay for a sequel?

lizzannee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by lizzannee on Aug 9, 14 5:04 AM
is their going to be a contituation please i just finished level 4 please let me no if their is going to be a sequel ty

Go to: