MammawJo
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

Level 4.3

[Post New]by MammawJo on Nov 2, 13 4:47 AM
This is the last level I need for gold and the last achievement. I have been replaying this level for what seems like hours and still cannot get gold. I seem to run out of time just before the last ghost. I've tried every combo I can think of ...but seeing as it's almost daylight and I am still playing...it's safe to say that this old brain might need a nap in order to continue.

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

Re:Level 4.3

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Nov 2, 13 1:34 PM
Mammaw I am having the same problem you are. Have gold on all the levels up to here. The combination is hard to figure out. I can't determine if I should go for the speed pillar in the middle or the renewing supplies at the top first.

MammawJo
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by MammawJo on Nov 2, 13 1:50 PM
The nap didn't help! I still cannot figure out this level.

Audreyrpeters, I've tried using all different combos of using the upgrades. I either end up with a bunch of wood & not enough food & gold or a lot of food & gold & not enough wood to progress fast enough, depending on the combination of bonuses used. I'll have insomnia for days until I get this! LOL

Can someone please help? Or else supply a round of adult beverages?

googirl999
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by googirl999 on Nov 2, 13 7:58 PM
I'm pulling my hair out on this one too!! I've played it at least 20 times. Help!! We really need sipason to do a walkthrough on this one!

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Nov 2, 13 10:21 PM
Well after working at this all day I finally made gold by the skin of my teeth. Here was my combo: Store, farm, worker, farm, farm, store. I may have upgraded the store one more time, but honestly I did this scenario so many times its hard to remember. What did it for me was to cut the trees only when there was a plus bonus. I used only the plus bonus throughout. I opened all areas, but opened the one to the food on the right last. I tried as much as possible to not collect non-recurring wood if I didn't have the plus bonus. I was shocked to actually get it. It was so close!

googirl999
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by googirl999 on Nov 3, 13 12:48 PM
Thanks audrey!!! That finally worked. The building order really made the difference!

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Nov 4, 13 6:28 AM
Hi Audrey,

I've got to 4.3 but can't get gold after many tries. I did what you said. The store can be upgraded twice, so you only upgraded to level 2?

Did you have 2 or 3 workers? and did you build the statue thing to make the workers faster?

You said you opened all areas.....I didn't touch the big rock on bottom right, didn't fill the gap to get to the recurring food, didn't push the rock to get to the 2 piles of gold. and I went slightly past the gold level time.

If I opened all the above areas, I lost way more time. How is it possible to do that and make gold?

Please help, this one is really tough. Thanks very much

ailaura
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by ailaura on Nov 4, 13 10:12 PM
audreypeters!!! Thank You!!! It took a while but I finally got it! It really helped to do your farm, store, worker, farm, etc. in that order. Important also, was the tip to not cut any trees without the bonus cornucopia active (I activated it every time I possibly could). It took me many tries to get it but I finally got it....Thanks again!!

jawfish.....I feel your pain. I finished the game without gold and went back to levels I only had two stars on. It was surprising how easily I got gold on a couple levels I went back to. Keep trying with audreypeter's tips and you will get lucky, as you hold your breath, before too long. FYI...I had 3 workers and the statue activated when I finally got it. Good luck!!

Edited on 11/04/2013 at 10:12:28 PM PST

MammawJo
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by MammawJo on Nov 5, 13 2:35 AM
I finally had to give up on this for awhile. When I have a chance in the next few days, I'll give it another go. Maybe I just need a break! Thanks for the tips, fishies! I'll let you know if I get the gold or go insane!

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Nov 5, 13 10:11 AM
Thank you ailaura. I just did it after many tries. I built in the order Audrey wrote, except I can't remember now if I upgraded to level 2 store or built the house to level 3 first. Then I built to level 3 store as soon as I could.

I think what's important is try to get to the replenishing wood behind the ghost as soon as possible. I opened all the areas and with 3 workers and the statue I could work faster. I was suprised that using resources to get to that one replenishing food on the right helped. I didn't get there before because I thought it was a waste of resources.

I've finished the game. No way would I attempt 4.3 again lol

ailaura
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by ailaura on Nov 5, 13 10:19 AM
YAAAY jawfish!!!! Glad you didn't give up!!!

Destinye
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by Destinye on Nov 8, 13 12:05 PM
Still stuck but am close, any other hints, it is driving me nuts!

Destinye
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by Destinye on Nov 8, 13 2:37 PM
Finally did it and I focused on the warehouse more, but it was still by a nano-second!

MammawJo
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by MammawJo on Nov 11, 13 3:17 PM
Well, I finally got gold on this level. However, my sanity is more in question than ever! That was tough!

I really loved this game and it will definitely get some replay; but it may be awhile after the battle with this level. lol

[Post New]by NorthWoody on Nov 13, 13 10:26 AM
Dear Audreyrpeters,
finally succeed: 4.3. in gold. Thank you so much!!!

aljensal
Clownfish
Clownfish
555 Posts

[Post New]by aljensal on Nov 18, 13 4:09 PM
I struggled with this one too, and finally did with a different approach some people may find helpful.

I upgraded store, farm, worker, store, store, farm farm, worker, worker as and when I was able to.

I cleared the path, then crossed the stone bridge.

I only used the more resources button, and tried to make the best use of it but didn't overly worry about it.

Once I was over the bridge, I crossed to get the gold mine while working up towards the top on the other side. I only cleared the middle path for food, not the paths with wood and gold. After I had activated the statue I also started working up the left path and across the top.

I finished easily with this method. Couldn't believe it!

[Post New]by RichelleJ on Nov 20, 13 4:48 PM
wow!!!!! Thanks for all the post. Really appreciate the help.. Finally after 100 times I got gold.......

brewden1
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by brewden1 on Jun 14, 14 9:16 PM
Audrey Peters...what do you mean by having a "plus bonus"?

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Jun 30, 14 10:56 AM
The plus bonus being the Horn of Plenty or cornucopia bonus. This bonus gives you +1 on all retrieved resources while active.

Go to: