[Post New]by sora2009 on Nov 2, 13 5:42 AM
me too

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Crash!!!

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 2, 13 6:12 AM
I'm using a Macbook Pro with latest OS X and Mavericks. Mine crashed/glitched half way through bonus chapter, and now I can't do anything else to finish the game.

So frustrating when this happens.

Think title of this thread should be Technical Issues, but no doubt a BFG mod will sort it out.

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by greenshade on Nov 2, 13 6:49 AM
I also crashed just when I was asked to help find the fairy's horn.

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by greenshade on Nov 2, 13 6:51 AM
Mine also crashed just as I was asked to find the fairy's horn. When did everyone else's crash?

Don't know if I'll give it another try today or not.

rosiekb
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by rosiekb on Nov 2, 13 6:54 AM
Mine crashed when I was about to go to the upper floor of the castle thing with the eggs outside. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it crashed at the same place again. Grrrr.... xx

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Nov 2, 13 8:04 AM
There is a new version of Adobe Flash Player available. You may want to check and make sure yours is up to date.

Keep in mind that if you use a browser other than Internet Explorer, (FireFox, Chrome, etc.,) you'll need to update both IE and the browser you use with new versions of Flash Player. This can also make a difference.

You can do a search for Adobe Flash Player to find Adobe's web site and check your version.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 2, 13 9:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Crash!!! [Post Your Tech Issues Here Only!]

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 2, 13 9:43 AM
I hit a problem when I tried to pick the first acorn up I got a ...

Close Uploader Base Error

VAO: First Talk_VAO not found!

When I tried to leave that area I found the system cursor had separated from the custom cursor so I brought up the task manager to get me out. Once back to the desktop I saw that there was a ...

Error: Access Violation at 0x00000369 program terminated.

When I went back into the game it was as though I hadn't started that section and spoken to the Nymph so just listened to her again and have carried on playing ever since .

Great game .

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Nov 2, 13 10:10 AM
The game is stuck during the installation and I can't delete it or do anything with it.

javamamma
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by javamamma on Nov 2, 13 10:37 AM
cherbtoo wrote:I hit a problem when I tried to pick the first acorn up I got a ...

When I tried to leave that area I found the system cursor had separated from the custom cursor so I brought up the task manager to get me out. Once back to the desktop I saw that there was a ...

When I went back into the game it was as though I hadn't started that section and spoken to the Nymph so just listened to her again and have carried on playing ever since .

Great game .

I had the same error at the same location. Help please.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Nov 2, 13 11:52 AM
javamamma wrote:
cherbtoo wrote:I hit a problem when I tried to pick the first acorn up I got a ...

Great game .

I had the same error at the same location. Help please.

I also had the same experience with the VAO and same Access Violation.

[Post New]by Ljwshines on Nov 2, 13 1:53 PM
Mine crashed too!~ Violation access error.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Nov 2, 13 1:56 PM
A VAO Access Violation error indicates one of two things:

If everyone is crashing in the same place (which is NOT the case), the developer has a problem.

If everyone is NOT crashing in the same place, (and indeed, if everyone is not crashing), then you need to update your graphics cards and possibly your other software such as Flash Player.

Sorry guys, I'm just telling you what the errors mean.

no prop no boat [Post Your Tech Issues Here Only!]

[Post New]by mcook247 on Nov 2, 13 2:39 PM
I am stuck in one area. The boat has broken up after the dragon attacked it but I have no Prop for a rock...its pointing me to a crashed boat and nothing to do.

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on Nov 2, 13 4:09 PM
I am using windows 7, I get access violation going to the work shop, access violation at 0x005A3AB7 read at 0x222BFF3B. Graphic's card updated, flash drive updated, game uninstalled and reinstalled. Same problem, except read at changes.

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Nov 2, 13 6:12 PM
A lot of these are all in the same place. Though some say when they tried to pick up the acorn and some say when the fairy told them to find the horn, these are just a second or two apart in the same location. I had exactly the same experience and messages and lost the cursor as cherb2 (I think that was the name) when I tried to pick up the acorn immediately after being told to find the horn.

[Post New]by woodlandpearl on Nov 2, 13 7:14 PM
I got the access violation message when I was in the Workshop and tried to use the map to go to a different location. Now when the game starts, and I go back to the workshop, the screen becomes black and freezes. I have updated my drivers.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Nov 2, 13 7:29 PM
started to get the fairy horn and I also got an error message and had to hit escape to get out of the game. need to get this fixed.

Go to: