Lost Civilization

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Lost Civilization

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 6, 13 12:29 AM
After making an important discovery, your archaeologist fiancé, Michael, is kidnapped in Prague. Clues indicate that the kidnappers want whatever it is he's found and will stop at nothing to get it. Your search for Michael will reveal far more than you could have possibly imagined as you learn that the very fate of the world hangs in the balance!

Explore richly detailed and animated scenes set in Prague, England and Mexico. Solve fascinating challenging puzzles, uncover earth-shattering secrets hidden in a forgotten mine and tap into your inner heroine in Lost Civilization, a magnificent Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure.

Jixio
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Lost Civilization

[Post New]by Jixio on Nov 6, 13 6:18 AM
Where the heck is everyone?

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Nov 6, 13 6:21 AM
People are probably just trying to get into the forum! When I first tried, there wasn't a forum OR the game itself if you tried to look it up. Glad we're open for business now!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 6, 13 6:25 AM
Yes it certainly took long enough to get the forum up and running! Did anyone else get some message about the game having an older version of something in my puter and told to resolve the issue, but it installed anyway? Very strange.

I liked the game. But it did get very jerky at times.

pasthymes1
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

tunnel!!!!

[Post New]by pasthymes1 on Nov 6, 13 6:27 AM
Please get me out of tunnel!! Tired of going in circles.

[Post New]by dolilikestoplay on Nov 6, 13 6:28 AM
It isn`t a new game! I `ve played it 7 years ago as an adventure-game.
New names, new installated HO`s and ready is a "new" game

Edited on 11/06/2013 at 6:49:55 AM PST

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Nov 6, 13 6:37 AM
This was originally called NiBiRu, a large file game. The desktop icon is the same one for NiBiRu. This version is about half as large as NiBiRu. Are the large file games being split up like Syberia? Guess that is why it took so long for the forum to get up and running today! They must have know people would realize this is a rerelease.

Marty

ysbrand
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by ysbrand on Nov 6, 13 6:46 AM
So finally the forum is up. I see where this is a remake of NiBiRu? Never played that game. Has anyone played any of this yet? Are developers running out of ideas that they have to release a old game under a new name?

bettums
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Lost Civilization Technical problems

[Post New]by bettums on Nov 6, 13 6:48 AM
This game is running so slow. It took me almost 10 minutes to get to the Charles Bridge. What's going on?

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 6, 13 7:07 AM
Oh darn this looked like something I wanted to buy but if its a remake of NiBiRu I will pass because I already bought it from Big Fish a couple of years ago as an adventure game and loved it. Guess Developers are running out of ideas sadly.

ETA: The game ran smoothly for me as an adventure game with no glitches or problems of any sort. From what I remember it was a nicer looking game than this one and there was widescreen.

Edited on 11/06/2013 at 7:54:17 AM PST

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Nov 6, 13 7:18 AM
ysbrand wrote:So finally the forum is up. I see where this is a remake of NiBiRu? Never played that game. Has anyone played any of this yet? Are developers running out of ideas that they have to release a old game under a new name?

I knew there was something familiar about it. Yes, I played both but prefer NiBiRu (Age of Secrets).

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Nov 6, 13 7:55 AM
I am having problems with the game. It keeps freezing up on me and I have to use the old CTRL, ALT, DEL to close the game. It seems most of the games coming out lately have problems. If this is a remake of Nibiru I will delete the game. I didn't like the original so I probably won't like this one. And my cursor is also jerky when using it in this game.

Edited on 11/06/2013 at 7:58:02 AM PST

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Nov 6, 13 8:22 AM
I have played the Nibiru adventure but alas it won't play on my Win 7. So I will try this to see if it is as good with Hog scenes.

I like it that there is a woman in it.

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 6, 13 8:25 AM
thank you!!

having a deja vu all over again!!

seemed so familiar but could not find in purchase history.

am such a sucker for any mystery that will probably rehome it. (ie MINE!!)

very different style but sometimes need a quieter game.

Edited on 11/06/2013 at 8:44:16 AM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Nov 6, 13 8:32 AM
Who are we kidding; this game is at least ten years old according to the date of the event, 2003, along with various clues like the old computer and floppy disks that you use. And I swear I remember some scenes very familiar to a large file Adventure game I once played such as the scene on the bridge in the first chapter, the painter and the wallet. Can it be that these developers took an old adventure game and re-designed it as a HOPA ? Or is this game something that was forgotten and just now recovered from the archive?

Our story is familiar, kidnapped fiancé, a mysterious discovery from an old archeological dig and your mission to not only save Michael but to uncover a mystery that involves a pseudo planet called Niburu. (Wasn't that also a large file game?)

What you have here is a dated HOPA game with three modes of difficulty to choose from but you will still get sparkles, alot of hand holding and black bar tips. Graphics are mediocre and could have used a higher resolution for the HO scenes. There is only one voice-over and the rest is written dialogue. You have a map pictured by your journal on the bottom left screen but cannot access it so it pretty much is useless. Your hint system will tell you where to go and what to do.

Game is mostly adventure, picking up clues and using objects on items. There are characters you meet along the way that require you to do a task and there are ridiculously easy mini-games to solve. The only really interesting feature in this game are the HO scenes. They vary in style and are interactive. Graphics tend to get a bit blurry in these scenes making it difficult to spot some items. HO scenes involve a standard list of items to find or items to place back into the scene.

The game is not bad, mediocre and mostly adventure. Because of no map, you are on your own to go to places and achieve your tasks. There is alot of point and click involved and at first the game was mildly interesting but I got bored by the end of the demo.
I suppose a club award or free game pass can be used if you are up to feeling nostalgic. Adventure gamers will laugh at the simplicity of the game but HO fans may enjoy it.
Sorry but it is a pass for me, I have too many older games in my own archive that ? could go back to re-play. Lost Civilization is just a lost game that has been found.

GrandWeeze
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by GrandWeeze on Nov 6, 13 8:35 AM
I have a "hard" copy of NiBiRu Age of Secrets. It was put out by The Adventure Company (always a go-to for me) and the date is 2005. I remember really enjoying it.

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Nov 6, 13 8:46 AM
I got the error message too when dloading and I clicked on the x to remove and it went away.Thanks Fishies you have answered my question of buy or not buy.I will not buy a recycled game,is BF trying to sell this one in 2parts likeSyberia.I'm sorry but that's unfair to your customers especially your members.
Please BF we deserve better then a repeat game,split into 2 parts for more money.
I do hope this isn't removed.

Edited on 11/06/2013 at 8:47:17 AM PST

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Nov 6, 13 8:50 AM
Good, I thought it was just me. A lot of the games lately have that look like they are 5 years old. BF what's going on. Something's changed.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 6, 13 8:53 AM
Re lost ciivilization

So do I xxxxx

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 6, 13 9:29 AM
not recycled but reformatted so not a large file now.

wish there had been a TGT for some of you that was entirely new.

not everyone has been "gaming" for a long time so is new to them.

Go to: