Old Game Recycled!

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

Old Game Recycled!

[Post New]by MissAbby on Nov 6, 13 8:20 AM
I thought it was too good to be true. Another HO game standard edition two days running! Wow...I could FINALLY use a game credit (they've been expiring because there have been no SE's to my liking to use them on). I'm glad I read the forum here because it is a PART of a game that has already been offered here..NiBaRu!!! I call a foul on this one BFG!! Is this how you are going to treat us? A definite DO NOT BUY for me, since I already bought the entire game HERE! Shame on BFG!

Edited on 11/06/2013 at 8:22:25 AM PST

albertm1
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:Old Game Recycled!

[Post New]by albertm1 on Nov 6, 13 9:34 AM
same here but looked in purchase history and it wasn't there - what's up

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 6, 13 9:54 AM
dear albertm1:

had same experience as you AND looked it up in purchase history - was apparently released as a LARGE FILE game NiBaRu - but could not access in that style.

is now reformatted so easier to access - see other posts in this forum for more.

Edited on 11/06/2013 at 9:55:09 AM PST

[Post New]by graviluv on Nov 6, 13 11:22 AM
Thank you for posting this! I thought I was loosing my mind, every scene I kept saying: "I could have sworn I've done this before!"

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 6, 13 11:30 AM
dear graviluv:

scary feeling, huh.

not Alzheimers but sometimers - sometimes we forget.

in this case, deja vu all over again!!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Nov 6, 13 11:39 AM
As soon as I read the thing about the bridge and painter in a star review, it clicked. NiBiRu. So here we evidently have a "dumbed down" version with HOS added - because there were no HOS in the original, for sure. It was a right cerebral game - and very tricky.

Glad I didn't buy the full file version here, since people are saying it has vanished - I have it on a CD. I know where to get it as a download for my newer computer with no DRM and no dumbing down. This place gets worse by the day.

Edited on 11/06/2013 at 11:40:10 AM PST

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Nov 6, 13 11:39 AM
It really is the idea that they offer this as a TGT which have almost always in the past been brand spankin' new games. It could have been offered as a soft release, not a repolished old game with changes to make it simpler. I for one love large file adventure games and wish they would offer more. They make you think, and last much longer. Don't get me wrong, I like a good HO game as well. But a NEW one for a TGT. AND.....I did try dl'ing the demo of this game and it said something was out of date. I would have had to download something that I had to give my name and info on.....c'mon...really??? I have a brand new 2013 PC with EVERYTHING up to date. Just sayin'

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Nov 6, 13 12:20 PM
Yep Twins! I just tried to download the demo again and the message I got was the version of something I had was TOO NEW!!! What's up with THAT huh BFG's? I realize that newer members have not played this game when it was NiBirU, but I have to agree with Phatkhat! How professional is it to make you "dumb down" your computer to buy and play a TGT? When I had my old computer, many, many of the games would not work on it because my computer was too OLD to update. Now they try to sell us a game that is too OLD for our computers so we need to "downdate"! Sheeesh! I would really like to know how well the "free" pay to play games are going over, and how many people are playing BFG's only on Ipads or Iphones. Just curious because it seems like that's the direction they want to head.

HoneyVegas
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by HoneyVegas on Nov 6, 13 12:41 PM
disappointed BFG! shame! My free game credits are also going to go out of date, you just aren't offering enough decent SEs on here anymore, I for one wouldn't buy a dumbed down version of a game I bought from you in 2008!!
seriously starting to look elsewhere to buy games because this just ain't good enough!

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 6, 13 2:42 PM
Hi Fishies ,

I agree with all of you making a old game a little different, and then sell us as new (I didn't play the old game!).

I didn't pay attention to the message, I canceled it, and I played fine.

I like the story, but I'm afraid if I'm going to buy it, this will a message " to be continued".

IMHO, this is good with a pcc.
M.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Nov 6, 13 3:08 PM
I have played this game before a long, long time ago. In fact it's so old it may have been a DOS game. ( I think I still have the box in the attic). (Those were the days when games came in boxes). It was published under another name. I think it was Nibiru
It was OK at the time but we've moved on since then. I think it may have been slightly updated but I have only played 30 minutes of todays offering.
Do BF think no one would notice. How can it be Tomorrow's Game Today when it is so old. I think it's contempories would be the likes of Monkey Island.
I won't reveal anything about the game incase some of BF's younger gamers want to give it a try.
Whats happening with the forums? Are we going to lose these as well as all the other things that are disappearing lately. They are usually up and running shortly after the Tomorrow's Game Today is released (8am GMT) but just lately there's nothing until almost lunchtime, and even then not many posts. I think members are getting so fed up that there not bothering to post anymore.
I used to love this sight but it seems to be falling apart just lately. Old games ,missing forums, no SE games to use Coupon Codes on. Seems to me we don't get any perks anymore for being a member.
I'm posting this here because there's nowhere else to post it.

Edited on 11/06/2013 at 3:10:24 PM PST

[Post New]by graviluv on Nov 6, 13 4:01 PM
orphaned wrote:dear graviluv:

scary feeling, huh.

not Alzheimers but sometimers - sometimes we forget.

in this case, deja vu all over again!!

Yup! That's why I looked it up in the forums just to see if it was just me;

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Nov 7, 13 12:48 AM
See: "Nibiru: Age of Secrets"
Nibiru: Age of Secrets was a Large File Adventure Game
released in 2005 with a male lead character.
What we have been given here, in "Lost Civilization" was a very disappointing re-make.
How very sad.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 7, 13 10:45 AM
Hello All,

I just wanted to pop in to let you know that you're right, this is a re-release of a game that was originally released several years ago. There have been some alterations and changes, but the basic game is similar.

We've passed along your thoughts and feedback to the team that makes these decisions and they will certainly take it into consideration in the future.

We'd ask that you continue to keep your feedback constructive and on-topic about the game itself, rather than negatively targeted at each other and Big Fish.

Thank you,

bfgDeveron

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Nov 7, 13 11:26 AM
Thank you Deveron! You just restored a bit of my faith in BFG.. I hope they listen! You are a great mod!

[Post New]by mindyfishy on Nov 8, 13 10:24 AM
I'm totally enjoying playing this new casual version of an old adventure game! I think the original makers of NiBiRu brought the script of the game out of their archives and revamped it into a hidden object casual game. The graphics are new but follow the old game close enough so that "I've played this before" feeling sets in for those who played NiBiRu in it's original format. I bought the BigFish game, after reading those complaining reviews, because that is exactly what I wanted: An easy version of NiBiRu for old time's sake. The nostalgic value is priceless and I'm having a great time revisiting a game that I've never forgotten. It's an easier game than the original, so I don't have to work too hard while reliving the old memories.
Thank you, thank you, BFG and Icarus Games, I'm one happy camper!

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 8, 13 12:03 PM
dear mindyfishy:

thank you for such positivity!!

am also enjoying this immensely - need easier once in a while and find this game charming.

as unable to access previous one due to format, no longer feel so deprived as large files a no go on Toby (Toshiba).

am adding my thanks to yours!!

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Nov 13, 13 5:34 AM
Just finished this game and totally enjoyed it.
I do remember playing NiBuRu which I loved at the time but I also loved playing this, even the HOS I actually looked forward to.
I like the idea of revamping old games and would welcome more.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Nov 14, 13 7:59 PM
I knew this was an old game from the get-go, but wanted to check it out anyway. The graphics are not as beautiful, and the point of view has changed to a woman (like that) but the basic story is here. I still have NiBiRu and can always play it again, but making it into a new version is kinda cool.

I do wish that Big Fish had acknowledged such on the home page. Many might have been interested who couldn't play the large file version, or simply didn't want to. After all, LF versions don't have demos.

CelticCoco

[Post New]by mindyfishy on Nov 16, 13 1:04 PM

I posted earlier how I was thoroughly enjoying Lost Civilization so now I want to add that the game was everything I could have wished for, maybe better!
I took my sweet time playing as I didn't want to finish too soon, but even so the game had to end eventually and today was the day. And now I'm sad that it is over and thinking maybe I will play it again, something I rarely do!
I agree with FudgeChi about liking the idea of revamping old adventures into new casual format and would like to see more.

Go to: