bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Reviews For Lost Civilization!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 6, 13 8:44 AM
What do you think of Lost Civilization? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Lost Civilization page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game HERE

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgDeveron

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Reviews For Lost Civilization!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 6, 13 8:47 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Nov 6, 13 2:34 PM
I have played this game before a long, long time ago. In fact it's so old it may have been a DOS game. ( I think I still have the box in the attic). (Those were the days when games came in boxes). It was published under another name. I think it was Nibiru
It was OK at the time but we've moved on since then. I think it may have been slightly updated but I have only played 30 minutes of todays offering.
Do BF think no one would notice. How can it be Tomorrow's Game Today when it is so old. I think it's contempories would be the likes of Monkey Island.
I won't reveal anything about the game incase some of BF's younger gamers want to give it a try.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Nov 6, 13 3:00 PM
I tried this game but it is so simplistic that I gave up. A child could play this!

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 6, 13 7:50 PM
sportygal2009 wrote:Continued:

OVERALL IMPRESSION:

Well I'm going to start by saying that I read the forum here for everyone's thoughts on this game after I completed it and well I've never even heard of the large file game Nibiru let alone played it so whether or not this game here has anything to do with that game I personally don't know. All I do know for sure is I enjoyed this game very much and bought it with a game coupon code. If I wouldn't of had a coupon code I would of paid $6.99 for it.

While there is a lot of dialogue, I thought the story was very well told and held my interest from beginning to end. I also really liked the characters and the game play. This seemed to be more HOS and adventure than puzzles.

The only criticisms I have about this game is I do wish the sparkles and black bar tips wouldn't of been there for the hardest mode but didn't bother me too much for this game. At times the graphics were nice, crisp and clear but the cut scenes for a minute or two would be blurry but then clear up. Also I'm not sure what was up with the voice overs as the lead character Suzanne talked but the other characters mouths just moved. This annoys me. Please don't have the characters mouths move if they aren't going to say anything. Since someone questioned the ending to this game here in the forum well my downloaded version of this game didn't end with a "to be continued" it ended satisfactory and just fine for me.

Overall not a very challenging game but I enjoyed the 5 hours I spent playing this game.

Thanks and Developer. As always, give it a whirl and decide for yourself.

Thank you Sportygal ,

I was the one asking the question about the end! IMO, it's a very good SE!

Have fun ,
M.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Nov 7, 13 5:24 AM
I quite like this game, scenery is a bit dark/greyish. Quite fun with interactive HOS, 2 types, the interactive HOS w text items w place the item HOS

WORTH to exchange stamps for. Voice over is nicely done too!

Darkaddict25
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Darkaddict25 on Nov 7, 13 10:29 AM
I do get that people played the other one. I have not personally but I for those who did it is just a copy cat. I think this game is more appealing for those who did not
play the mentioned game. It has game lag though but I did enjoy the game. It
Easy but I get tired of people always wanting all games to come out hard. I know
it personal preference.But need to change it up for causal gamers.

Reviews For Lost Civilization!

[Post New]by Anna_Allison on Nov 7, 13 2:20 PM
Finally -- another good SE to use one of my many coupons for. It was surprisingly long for the file size. One of the better stories we've gotten. Some may find it too easy, but for me it captured my interest and kept it.

ysbrand
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by ysbrand on Nov 7, 13 4:54 PM
Well, I lasted 4 mins into the demo before deleting. So childlike. Besides the fact that it is re-release of a old game. So much for a new game release!!! Come on BF you can do better than this.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Nov 8, 13 12:53 AM
This seemed like an intriguing story with very simple game play. I get that there is only one voiceover (Suzanne) and other characters' mouths move while you read the text. I'm guessing in the original all the characters had voiceovers but it wasn't English, and they only bothered to get an American actress to voice the main character and cut out the rest.

I had problems running the game on my computer, which I reported in the technical thread.

I think I might have liked the game if not for the simple game play. Even the HOS were simple. Find five postcards and they're all strung up in a row on a clothesline? Seriously! But the story could have been interesting. I just didn't play enough of the demo to find out.

Also, I didn't get how there could be a 12th planet, which would be three additional planets even if you count Pluto. Unless they're living in a different solar system from ours, an unknown planet would only be the 10th. Did I miss something?

Not a buy. I'll be generous and give it two stars.

caryl3
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by caryl3 on Nov 11, 13 1:36 PM
Just finished playing this game and basically very easy almost to the point of no thinking.

The only annoying thing was that when people interacted just their mouths moved with the words appearing at the bottom. The developer should do something about this though I heard this game is quite old.

The only voice was the main character Suzanne when she was telling the story.

Glad I had a coupon for it cause it wasn't worth the money.

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Nov 14, 13 9:25 AM
This looks to be a very intering game, but i noticed one or two things simular to Ni-BI ru thebridge to the cabins or rather the trailers, minus the mushrooms.and the old guy feeding the pidgeons ,Happy gaming

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Feb 24, 14 11:55 AM
I really enjoyed this game - like reading a mystery novel on a Sunday afternoon! Straightforward and not overly complicated like most games today (frankly, a lot of those games are so expansive with so much to do that I actually become bored and lose interest). This one was just right for me and kept me interested and satisfied from beginning to end. Nice mix of challenges and unique approaches to Hidden Object Scenes, too. Graphics were not outstanding but who cares. I don't care if it was a reformatted older game either. Just glad I found it and had a great time playing.

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on May 3, 14 11:56 AM
I just finally tried this game. I am not new newbie at all and I liked the game. Not loved, but I did like and like Sportgal would have bought it even without the coupon I used. I am soooooooooo sick and tired of the games put out now and find them very boring. They are all the same and everyone raves over them. What happened to adventure games without hidden object scenes or only a couple. I don't mind a hidden object scene if it is something besides lists. They are boring to me. So each to there own.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jun 18, 14 7:01 AM
I lasted 5 mins of this game, you could not skip the cut scenes and the womans voice was irritating

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Nov 6, 14 6:09 PM
Well, I'm in the midst of playing this game and it is a pleasure to me since it is like the older games that were straightforward and cohesive. It is not "exciting" enough to keep your adrenaline flowing but it is a good game to spend an afternoon with.
More like an old dimly remembered movie but with interaction. Maybe we as "americans" expect everything to be "high tech" but for this old lady, it was/is a pleasure to just play along and figure things out and enjoy the story and scenery..

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Nov 16, 14 10:41 PM
Not complicated but a simply nice change of pace game to play in between the more intense CE's that I have stacked up in my game app/game manager

All I have to see is the word 'archaeology' in a game description and I am hooked
This game was a pleasure to play, plane and simple I understand that some developers have trouble finding English speakers that speak the parts well and I don't mind the characters lips moving to no sound. I only had 1 skip for a mini and that was the last one in the game, it wasn't acting right and I decided to just skip it

I recommend this game if you are in the mood for a change of pace and somewhat different gameplay and am giving this one out of possible 5

Played on PC windows 7/64

Edited on 11/16/2014 at 10:43:14 PM PST

Go to: