Boosts - what are they and how do they work

[Post New]by SugarGlider99 on Nov 8, 13 7:59 PM
In the latest update there seems to have been an addition to the store for Boosts but there isn't any details on what they are, how you use them after purchase - they all cost real money, or how long they last for.

Does anyone know?

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

Re:Boosts - what are they and how do they work

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 10, 13 7:41 AM
I bought the 5 second boost just for the darn pork buns, I was always 1 second too late

It adds 5 seconds to the prep timer on ALL mini-games and it is forever... so am assuming that the other 2 are the same. Once you buy, it is applicable until you hit that Restore button in the boost section as far as I can tell.

Edited on 11/10/2013 at 7:41:55 AM PST

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Nov 11, 13 7:40 PM
For some reason, I had the impression it was just for 24 hours, but it certainly doesn't say that ...

Hrm. Worth considering!

For now, though, I'm trying to keep to slow dishes I can fix with my left hand, so doubling cooking speed isn't quite the temptation it would have been 2 weeks ago.

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Nov 12, 13 7:44 AM
Ok, now I splurged and bought the first two.

As I am currently injured and thus playing left handed, the extra time on the mini games is a real help. I had resigned myself to losing that 10% bonus until my shoulder healed.

In addition, although I am now the proud owner of several gold appliances, and can usually earn enough to get about 3 a week now, I still keep running out of food. The time boost cuts everything in half, and the new times show on the recipe bar. Potatoes only take 45 min, instead of an hour and a half, etc. This gives me a much better window for "overnight" food, since between 10 or 11pm and 7am I am not online, nor am I normally online between 8 and 5, but now those previously 16 to 22 hour dishes fit perfectly in the long window. Plus, with twice as much cooking power, I should avoid most of those stretches where I get that nasty "your cafe is completely out of food" message that I've been getting twice a day for a while.

Thanks BFG!

Edited on 11/12/2013 at 7:47:32 AM PST

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 12, 13 10:03 AM
I broke down and got the time cut boost also. Overnight was being a real problem for me too, and the reduced cooking times have definitely helped with that. Am now seriously considering the 1/2 off on spices boost. 100 per spice vs. 50... think that's next on my list.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Apr 21, 14 5:11 PM
Are you saying that if I buy one of those boosts I can use it permanently???
I got my eye on the 90% discount on spices... only 100 instead of 1000 gold coins for each spice whenever forever???

Nickyh2505
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Nickyh2505 on Apr 22, 14 2:54 PM
Hi Efi

Yes, once you buy a boost it is permanent. Though to be honest, I don't think the spice one is worth it.... It's not difficult to accumulate coins (I have 6 million +!) in the long run. If you want to buy a boost, I recommend the halving cooking one, followed by the extra time on mini games

Just my opinion!

Nicky

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Apr 23, 14 11:02 AM
Nickyh2505 wrote:Hi Efi

Yes, once you buy a boost it is permanent. Though to be honest, I don't think the spice one is worth it.... It's not difficult to accumulate coins (I have 6 million +!) in the long run. If you want to buy a boost, I recommend the halving cooking one, followed by the extra time on mini games

Just my opinion!

Nicky

Hey Nicky, thanks a lot for your answer
I've put my eyes on the two you mentioned as well and maybe in the long run I'll get them all... but at the moment I really need cash and can't seem to get enough of it... Probably because I'm still furnishing my restaurant and all (am fairly new to this game). Maybe I should be more patient about it. In any case it's good to know this boosts are permanent. Very good news. Thanks again

Edited on 04/23/2014 at 11:03:32 AM PST

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Apr 24, 14 4:03 AM
I purchased the cooking speed boost. Since then, I have been able to easily meet the daily demand items and have earned $34 in five days.

I don't quite understand the spice thing as since I began playing on 4/16, spice seeds have always cost 100 coins. Others are saying they cost 1000. I'm not planning to purchase that boost, but curious as to if I did, if my spice cost would remain the same (being that it is already at 100) or decrease to 10 coins each.

[Post New]by wallee70 on Apr 30, 14 2:11 PM
I took the plunge and bought the 'skill boost' for 9.99. I wondered whether it would add 20% skill to ALL dishes ( same as having gold utensils- which cost 100 green bucks each!)- and YES it did. I should level up a lot more quickly now as well as mastering the individual dish levels more quickly. Some dishes only give 11 skills points- so takes forever to reach levels!

Witchy55
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Witchy55 on May 2, 14 8:37 AM
I bought the boost that lets you cook everything in half the time and I am loving it! It gives me so many more options for how to play I highly recommend it--especially if you're like me and don't have lots of real money to spend on such things because this way you can make twice as many things in half the time. That means your sales are doubled too, so it just makes good economic sense to me.

[Post New]by scrappymommyof3 on May 4, 14 7:42 AM
I splurged and got all the boosts. The spice one is good because the spice seeds cost less. The bonus time boost really doesn't make that much of a difference, I still can't peel 3 potatoes in time to get 3 stars on the potato salad. The cooking time one doesn't really seem to make much of a difference but I am using just the basic appliances right now. The bonus points one makes a difference for sure.

Go to: