tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

Bubbling with excitement at new Blue Tea game!

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 9, 13 12:49 AM
well.....the subject matter says it all....I am bubbling with excitement at new Blue Tea game!
I love their art work and how they put together their games.

Well....to be truthful, I wish they had more scenes that were not FROGS. Of all HOG genres the fragmented object scenes are my least favorite, but Blue Tea usually makes up for that with stunning art work.

Oh, I do hope this one does not have a double ending that makes either choice an unhappy ending.
I know many fairy tales did not have happy endings because they were meant as cautionary tales....but heck....the story lines usually get modernized anyway!

runs off to return to Demo!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Bubbling with excitement at new Blue Tea game!

[Post New]by sassylassie on Nov 9, 13 1:19 AM
Welcome back Blue Tea. It seems we haven't seen you in awhile. I totally agree with Tookat about this game. I bought the game straight away not even trying the demo. I love FR0GS over the list or a variety in general. The graphics are so beautiful. And I am a huge cat lover so this game is great lol.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 9, 13 1:33 AM
Returns cross eyed after first game....
OMG.....well THIS game is certainly not an over-easy push over.
I cannot imagine anyone complaining about that in their reviews!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 9, 13 1:35 AM
Nooooooooo Tookat please don't ever tell them that you don't like the FROG scenes as they are the only developer to give us games based on FROGs and there are people out there who think this type of HO game is absolutely wonderful and prefer them to the same old straight find the object scenes. There are plenty of other devs who can give you those sort of games but there is only one Blue Tea

Immediately bought without even glancing at the screenshots purely because it is ...

a Blue Tea game
a FROG game

Cherb

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 9, 13 1:36 AM
ok...that was fast....
someone already has panned it.
Not me.....I like it, but no one can be pleased by every offering.
oh well!
Maybe this can be the comment thread for those of us who LIKE the game?

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 9, 13 1:38 AM
cherbtoo wrote: Nooooooooo Tookat please don't ever tell them that you don't like the FROG scenes as they are the only developer to give us games based on FROGs and there are people out there who think this type of HO game is absolutely wonderful and prefer them to the same old straight find the object scenes. There are plenty of other devs who can give you those sort of games but there is only one Blue Tea

Immediately bought without even glancing at the screenshots purely because it is ...

a Blue Tea game
a FROG game

Cherb

oh Cherbtoo.....I am sorry.
I doubt Blue Tea will stop doing the FROGS because they do them so beautifully..
I was but musing on my preference....but I DO like to play a FROG for the difference now and then.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 9, 13 2:08 AM
OK....bought it...
and Blue Tea Devs...

If you read any of this....ignore my nitpicking about the FROGS.
Please keep making these beautiful delightful games that have so many charming extras like the animate squirrel and the cat in the map!

SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Nov 9, 13 2:51 AM
Blue Tea delivers another beautiful FROG. Wouldn't miss this one. All of you that tend to dislike Fairy Tale themes or FROGS will buy this one...you just won't admit it..LOL.* Come on, who wouldn't love a crooked cat? Sold.

*tookat not implied, of course.

Edited on 11/09/2013 at 3:26:41 AM PST

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 9, 13 3:43 AM
cherbtoo wrote: Nooooooooo Tookat please don't ever tell them that you don't like the FROG scenes as they are the only developer to give us games based on FROGs and there are people out there who think this type of HO game is absolutely wonderful and prefer them to the same old straight find the object scenes. There are plenty of other devs who can give you those sort of games but there is only one Blue Tea

a Blue Tea game
a FROG game

Cherb

I agree totally. We only get a FROG once in a coon's age and there's always someone immediately saying they don't like FROGS. (This time it just happens to be you, Tookat ) We get so few, won't everyone please just try to enjoy it for being different than the norm? To me, a FROG is sooo much easier on my eyes. I can just look for what sticks out in the scene. Regular HO scenes give me eyestrain and headaches. Blue Tea is one of the few devs that I buy CE games just to support their FROGS

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Nov 9, 13 4:14 AM
Blue Tea always do such a beautiful job, even someone who doesn't like FROGs should enjoy this game. I think this one is a wonderful change from the normal HOGs we get all the time; I plan to take my time with it and simply enjoy all aspects of it (like I do with the Dark Parables series). We don't get very many FROGs and they really do make a nice change, especially when they're done so well!

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

[Post New]by leacraw on Nov 9, 13 4:30 AM

a Blue Tea game
a FROG game

Cherb

I'm with you cherb re: save the FROGs!
Its off to play the demo for me
lea

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Nov 9, 13 9:11 AM

a Blue Tea game
a FROG game

Cherb

I'm with you Cherbtoo!!! I absolutely love my FROG's and BTG are one of my favorite developers. I also bought without even glancing because you just know it's going to be wonderful and beautiful.

BTW.. They are working on a new Parable game coming out in early 2014 called Jack and the Sky Kingdom, which I'm so excited about!!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 9, 13 10:27 AM
As soon as I saw 'from the makers of the Dark Parables series', I hit the buy button!! I love Blue Tea games; as others have said, almost the only dev that produces FROG's and long may they continue

But didn't know there was a sale so a bit annoyed about paying full price when I didn't have to

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 9, 13 10:53 AM
angelfish106 wrote:As soon as I saw 'from the makers of the Dark Parables series', I hit the buy button!! I love Blue Tea games; as others have said, almost the only dev that produces FROG's and long may they continue

But didn't know there was a sale so a bit annoyed about paying full price when I didn't have to

Anglefish, talk to the nice folks in Customer Support.
I bet they can help you out about missing the sale notice before buying the game.

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Nov 9, 13 10:55 AM
angelfish106 wrote:As soon as I saw 'from the makers of the Dark Parables series', I hit the buy button!! I love Blue Tea games; as others have said, almost the only dev that produces FROG's and long may they continue

I've done that numerous times and just sent a message to BFG customer service and they have always come through and helped to my satisfaction. Just explain that when you purchased it you forgot to use the coupon code for the sale.

Good luck!!

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Nov 9, 13 4:15 PM
I Blue Tea!

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 9, 13 4:24 PM
BLUE TEA!!!

YAY!!!

MINE!!!!

demo? what demo? not necessary!! BLUE TEA!!!

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Nov 9, 13 5:25 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:I was "bubbling with excitement at a new Blue Tea game" too, until I demoed it. My bubble popped. The game was a big disappointment to me. I'm happy for those who love it. I am also happy I have a habit of always demoing, even from favorite developers. I will never buy a game without a demo, as even my favorites have a failure now and again!

As for the sale, the information was in the Game Splash email, as well advertised in the game manager.

hey, twins! (meant to respond to you about my cute pets at home, but forgot! i owe you an email, so guess i'd better get busy, eh?)

anyway, my bubble popped, too... and i posted my reasons in the review thread.
i've never cared much for FROGs, but blue tea's stories most always captured me to the point where i could overlook the FROG scenes. but, sadly, in this game, even though there appear to be few FROG scenes, the story does *not* grab me!

i learned my lesson with doing the demos every time when i bought the second "empress of the deep" game without trying it! i LOVED LOVED LOVED the first one... so i figured i was "safe" buying the second one without doing the demo... and HATED the second one! it was SHORT and PREACHY! good thing i was DONE in two hours, i guess! LOL i didn't have to suffer as long... and neither did the silly animals and children we had to save! so, demo every time for me, no matter how much i love the dev!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 10, 13 1:35 AM
twinsoniclab wrote: As for the sale, the information was in the Game Splash email, as well advertised in the game manager.

That would be the email that arrived at 1pm (UK time), 3 hours after I bought the game. Had it been sent earlier I would have seen it when I read my email at 9.30am.

There was nothing in my GM about any sale. I never get any messages in the GM; all it ever says is 'earn a free game this month'. I don't connect to the internet before opening the GM; it stops those annoying 'games you'll love' from appearing. That may be why I never get any messages about sales so have to rely on email. And that would be fine if it got to me before I buy a game but they never do. It would be more useful if they were sent out the night before, not half way through the day the sale starts.

[Post New]by blueeyedgirl1301 on Nov 11, 13 2:46 AM

a Blue Tea game
a FROG game

Cherb

Agreed!!! I LOVE FROGS and Blue Tea is one of the few that have them.. I wish there were MORE in the game! I wish Paprika would come out with some more "Mortimer Beckett" games or the developers that made "Family Flux Secrets"! FROGs are the best!!!

Go to: