Comments about the game

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Comments about the game

[Post New]by Poutoule on Nov 9, 13 1:27 AM
Why do we get only rotten games lately ? I was expecting a lot from BTG and it's another disappointment.

Poor, approximate, graphics, story is OK but what ? Gave the demo all it's chances and went right to the end, was glad when it was over...

Despite all the sales I won't spend my money on stupid games.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Re:Comments about the game

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 9, 13 4:59 AM
I've only played part of the demo and I've been distracted by some crops ripening in my Farm Up game , but I'm not liking it as much as other Blue Tea games. I like my games to have a decent storyline and this just seems like a mish-mash that doesn't make much sense. I will eventually buy it, I buy all BT games, but I can patiently wait for a good sale.

[Post New]by Mariannababy on Nov 9, 13 5:57 AM
The best game I ever played!!!

Gorgeous graphic and fascinate music make me fall into the story immediately. (The crooked man seems to be a villain, but the story behind him deserved my sympathy ...and I want to know more.)

The mini games are newly to be seen and all are interesting. (My favourite one is 3 blind mice )

The frequency of seeing FROGS is just proper to me (other games from BlueTea, I think they are too much).

It's just perfect no matter the fun of game, the graphic, or the music...etc.

For those complain the game is disappointment or confusing...
I am sorry I really can'r see your points.

Perhaps you are napping when you try the game.
(Then I would suggest you try it again when you are in a better status. )

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Nov 9, 13 6:59 AM
How boring life would be, If we didn't have different likes and dislikes! One persons treasure is often another persons junk pile. It all comes down to personal 'TASTE' and that's a subject few people can agree on.

Enough said.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 9, 13 7:26 AM
swedane wrote:How boring life would be, If we didn't have different likes and dislikes! One persons treasure is often another persons junk pile. It all comes down to personal 'TASTE' and that's a subject few people can agree on.

Enough said.

Well said, and so true.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 9, 13 7:58 AM
I almost purchased this game without a demo, because Blue Tea makes the only FROGs I like. However, commonsense won out and I tried it. Maybe...maybe...I might purchase it at a half price sale. I found the storyline confusing, and I hate puzzles that you cannot reset. I figured out the Roman numeral/badge puzzle after I'd done a couple of moves. Then I was stuck and no way to go back to try again.

It's very pretty, as Blue Tea games are, but after all the other games I have loved, this was a disppointment.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 9, 13 8:15 AM
Jennsmom....I agree that I prefer a reset button on all puzzles...
but so far these have been resetting if you back out of the game.

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Nov 9, 13 9:20 AM
All frogs---no buy for me. I still don't own a Dark Parables game. All who love this game--enjoy!!

debzzzzy
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by debzzzzy on Nov 9, 13 10:07 AM
Hi Fishies

I was one of the fortunate ones to beta test this game .

Graphics exceptional, music fitted this game to a tea (no pun intended there lol). Mini games were good and liked the FROGS.

Loved everything about it. Even said in final summary do not change a thing to it, it was brilliant as it was. Was even upset when the demo finished, so had to play it again and again .

Thank you Blue Tea Games and for such a great game.

Deb

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Nov 9, 13 10:25 AM
Love this game! Just finished the demo and purchased it. It is graphically superb and I love to explore for items. I also appreciate the map. I am 81 y/o and the map is a lifesaver that saves the player from going back 7 times to the scene that you need. Keep up the good work Blue Tea. I love all of your games. They reflect the excellence of the artists and the puzzle makers.

I know the games are an individual preference and it is nice that all kinds of games are offered. Personally, I don't do the time management games because it feels too much like going back to work. However, I have friends that love them. Aren't we lucky to be able to pick.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 9, 13 10:37 AM
tookat wrote:Jennsmom....I agree that I prefer a reset button on all puzzles...
but so far these have been resetting if you back out of the game.

I didn't do that. Thank you. I'll go back to it and try with a different profile.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 9, 13 11:00 AM
lol.......It has saved me now on five of the puzzles.
these are no easy walk in the park....at least not for me.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 9, 13 12:02 PM
swedane wrote:How boring life would be, If we didn't have different likes and dislikes! One persons treasure is often another persons junk pile. It all comes down to personal 'TASTE' and that's a subject few people can agree on.

Enough said.

That is true. At least we have here the right to express our impressions of the game (with respect and not aggression).

I don't find it's too busy, I like it, but I found it very dark to my taste. Also I like having the reset option in all the puzzles.

I'm going to buy it but with a better sale than today ( this is for non members).

Have a nice weekend ,
M.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 9, 13 2:21 PM
I couldn't wait.
I wanted my spookies and my ookies AND my lambkins and my bunnies....and the FROGS that I pretend to dislike.....but only often wish there were a bit less of....
and I wanted it now.

Do I have low impulse control?
Probably.....
but life for me, is limited to a bedroom and my computer,....so I won't wait for my pleasure to save two dollars.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Nov 9, 13 3:11 PM
I think it's a beautiful game. The graphics are the usual rich treat we get from this dev, I thought the plot made sense (and I liked the tortured anti-hero and his felonious cat sidekick), there weren't too many FROGs like the last game, the voice acting is very good, the music is nice and I love that there was a sale. I really can't find one single thing about this that I don't like.

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 9, 13 4:19 PM
dear snapnhiss (love that name) and tookat:

agreed to both posts.

I have plenty of will power - it is WON'T power I sorely lack.

am a self-confessed games tramp - esp M3 and HO!!!

if is there then it must be here!!

add in a sale - hey!! I am woman!! see me buy!!

would rather just try and buy anyway - or would have no games!!

at least that is today's excuse!!!

emery419
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by emery419 on Nov 9, 13 5:21 PM
As soon as I saw that skipping puzzles caused the hint to be disabled for several minutes, it was an automatic no-buy for me. Why must we be treated like children? I sometimes skip games in demos to save time; however, this time, I just could not figure out how to make the game work. And the instructions were useless. Just let us play the game without silly punishments, please.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Nov 9, 13 6:24 PM
I love all but one thing about this game. I hate the constant use of the magnifying glass. The scenes were so busy to start with, do we really need the magnifying glass where there's nothing actually to do? i.e. just comments like "the tree is laughing at me". Really frustrating and has put me off buying for now.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 9, 13 6:48 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:I am disappointed. Blue Tea used to be a favorite developer, but this one just doesn't do it for me.

It could have been so creepy, and a bit more adult/mature themed. But, no. Right off we have little lambs, bunnies, and whatnot. Each puzzles is cuter than the last. "It's time for a treat. What would each animal like to eat?" Separate the bunnies from the naughty wolves. Make the duckies hop.
What was supposed to be creepy (the gate doll head coming off, or the broken toys and weird trash) just came of (for me) as trying too hard.

What did the lynx (for future reference, lynx don't have long tails) have to do with the brambles the lamb was caught in? Was he a magic lynx? Were they enchanted brambles? Was an explanation missing? What was that part with Mary or Maria or whatever and her lamb even for?

The graphics are just too much. Busy. Too much stuff to see, and find the stuff you want. Too much stuff to pick up. I filled my inventory and only played a few minutes.

Puzzles have insufficient instructions.

FROGs fine, and Blue Tea is known for its FROGS, so that's a plus.
And at least you can have no sparkles on the hardest mode. But, it's at the expense of losing everything else! Not a good idea. Just because I don't want to have FROGs pointed out to me, doesn't mean I don't want a map. That's what happened in one of the Dark Parable games. It didn't make the game harder, it just made it frustrating.

Re the colored text...When in the game, go to options. There is a separate one to turn off sparkles if you play in advanced instead of hardcore.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 9, 13 7:01 PM
emery419 wrote:As soon as I saw that skipping puzzles caused the hint to be disabled for several minutes, it was an automatic no-buy for me. Why must we be treated like children? I sometimes skip games in demos to save time; however, this time, I just could not figure out how to make the game work. And the instructions were useless. Just let us play the game without silly punishments, please.

Emery.....the penalties in this case really become meaningless.....I have never noticed them adding tons onto the game....at least not compared to what the really older games did. Those were often timed, so you had to find everything within a certain amount of time.....and the hint buttons took forever compared to the modern games.

I am not sure, I would let that interfere with your enjoyment of a game.

Go to: