calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

Technical difficulties [Post Your Tech Issues Here Only!]

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Nov 9, 13 4:21 AM
Since I didn't see a thread for this, I've started one. Hope that's okay.
I liked this game overall, though I didn't get far. I was unable to move my cursor over the right-most 1.5 to 2 inches of the screen. I couldn't access the map or the options. I couldn't even exit the game, had to do a Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out. I really liked the first puzzle and would consider buying this, but not if I don't get a solution to this. Ideas?

ETA: I solved the problem by turning off wide-screen. Unfortunately, shortly after finding the solution, I lost interest in the game. The graphics were disappointing, but the puzzles were nice. However, just not enough there for me to bother with.

Edited on 11/09/2013 at 3:31:34 PM PST

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:Technical difficulties

[Post New]by Faylyn on Nov 9, 13 5:46 AM
I bought the game and got as far as a FROG red jewel mouse scene when the screen froze, the cursor would not move. This was after the instruction panel came up. I had to Ctl-Alt-Delete to get out of game. I am going to delete the game from my Game Manager until I see that this glitch has been fixed. I hope it will be very soon or I will request a refund.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Technical difficulties

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 9, 13 9:00 AM
Thanks for getting this started!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Re:Technical difficulties [Post Your Tech Issues Here Only!]

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Nov 9, 13 1:30 PM
After playing the game 3 hours or so, a screen popped up and said "Thank you for playing the demo"....I also had a problem with starting the game through the GAme Manager,,,,I had to go to purchase, pressed install. then the game started, not the install...I did install game after purchase... also when I go back to the game now it says "Thanks for playing the demo" hummm love this game I hope it can be corrected... please advise

Edited on 11/09/2013 at 1:33:05 PM PST

[Post New]by Purrplemickey on Nov 9, 13 3:28 PM
Once I got to the Tower Loft the game froze repeatedly when trying to access the mini game on the door. I had other issues earier in the game and was able to ski the mini games that mal functioned. I am running Windows 7 on an HP laptop.

JOACT2050
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by JOACT2050 on Nov 9, 13 7:37 PM
IM NOT YELLING...JUST BAD EYES..... I LOVE THE GAME AND IT PLAYED WITH NO PROBLEMS UNTILL I GOT TO MAZE. I GOT HALF WAY AND IT CRASHED. I HOPE YOU GET THIS FIXED SOON AS I PAID FOR THE GAME AND WOULD LIKE TO FINISH IT.

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Nov 10, 13 6:39 AM
I am playing this game on my Pc. trying the demo and it keeps booting me out! I really want to play, so help!

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Nov 11, 13 1:03 AM
The demo downloaded but it wouldn't install.

Box in quick sand disappeared

[Post New]by Barnmaster on Nov 11, 13 8:52 AM
Got stuck and checked the guide. The box I am supposed to touch with the "stick with sap" disappeared. Is this a bug in the game play or is the guide wrong?

dogfish73
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish73 on Nov 11, 13 12:41 PM
After installing this game all my old ones run slow and glitch. What gives???

game stuck at 1st puzzle with the lamb/goat... opened but would not do anything nor allow to exit

[Post New]by lbonnell on Nov 11, 13 2:33 PM
game sticks at 1st puzzle with the lamb/goat... opened but would not play / do anything, nor allow to exit. Tried reinstall, tried turning off wide screen, everything. Help, please.

[Post New]by skipper10 on Nov 11, 13 4:54 PM
I have the same problem PurpleMickey has (the door puzzle that has flowers and vines). When I clicked on Instructions, everything locked up, and the cursor started to flicker. I deleted the game and reloaded it and still have the same problem. I use a Dell PC.

[Post New]by ravenlunatic on Nov 11, 13 10:30 PM
Did nay one else not get the jeweled butterfly form the crooked mailbox? Not there. Just the poem I came to the forums and have read that many other players are having the same issue. I contacted Big Fish. I think there is a glitch.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 12, 13 11:11 AM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your games.

If you're having installation or activation issues, here's a help article with some great tips to help get those sorted out (Just click on the blue text below):

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you're having display issues, or if your game is crashing, I'd recommend checking for software or driver updates on your computers. For help doing that, just click below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If something in the game doesn't seem to be working quite right, if items are disappearing or aren't acting as they should, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game. To find out about that, just click below:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

If these suggestions don't help out, our Tech Support Team is always here to offer specialized suggestions to help sort through issues.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Nov 12, 13 7:08 PM
I also think there is a glitch in this game. I can't find the butterfly jewel either. There is nothing there! I've started a second profile so we'll see if I get stuck at the same place. The gates where the maze is have closed and have a weird message when I click on the closed gates too. Please fix this game!

azoch
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by azoch on Nov 12, 13 10:56 PM
i get at the three different roads to take in chapter 6 and the game crashes
and dies...have tried this 3 times and it continues to die in the same spot
each time..... can this be fixed, if not please reimburse me for the game...

[Post New]by angus111 on Nov 13, 13 1:34 AM
Problems at the three intersecting roads. Game crashes, have reinstalled twice!

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Nov 13, 13 7:22 AM
dogfish73 wrote:After installing this game all my old ones run slow and glitch. What gives???

I had the same problem so uninstalled this game from my computer and the other games are running fine. I wonder why the problem with this game is not being fixed????

[Post New]by Jessyjamess on Nov 13, 13 10:13 AM
I have a PC. I was able to play the trial on this game. However once purchased I was unable to download or install due to an error code 1400 which said I was not connected to the internet which I clearly am. I tried reinstalling the game manager several times. This did not work. I have contacted customer support who reply with a generic and unhelpful response. This was on Sunday, I replayed explaining that did not help and have heard nothing back. I then contacted them again for a refund and have heard nothing back.I even called the contact number several time and I never got through to a person. I have done everything on my part to resolve this issues, I payed for a product and have yet to receive that product. This is not good business. If I do not hear anything back by the end of the day I'm contacting the better business bureau and I suggest everyone on this forum who's still having problems do the same.

JoFin
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by JoFin on Nov 14, 13 6:44 PM
Waiting for a fix to the missing Jeweled Butterfly, like others I see the poem but no butterfly, tried hints about the hand, but that only shows on the "X" to exit the poem.
Please Big Fish, I'm so frustrated I don't want to start over.

Here it is almost two weeks after initial post and I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice even going into my control panel, but, I still return to the same place and same problem. I am running Windows 8.1. Do I need to start over with a new profile? I am three pages in the guide from finishing and of course cannot do the bonus game without this fix.

Edited on 11/23/2013 at 8:53:21 PM PST

Go to: