Wishing Torch

[Post New]by trekkiecat1959 on Nov 9, 13 2:27 PM
I just got a wishing torch on my phone. Kept seeing the icon at the bottom of my breeding list but didn't know what it was. Then I saw it on the little info blip when I signed in and found it in the structures list. It said it had to do with successful breeding. How long does it stay lit & when do you light it? Any body know what the deal is on that one?

GoalieAunt
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Wishing Torch

[Post New]by GoalieAunt on Nov 9, 13 3:14 PM
I saw the info on the torches this morning while I was looking for info on another structure.

I haven't gotten to that level on either my Kindle Fire or iphone and the PC version doesn't have torches yet so I'll I can give you is what is on the MSM wiki

Basics

You can buy torches from the Structures section of the Market , and are able to place up to 10 on each island.

Once you place a torch on your island, you can pay 2 diamonds to light it for 24 hours.

If your friends visit your islands, they will see a torch icon on any island with an unlit torch. Then can go to the island and light one torch by tapping on it. Duration for friends-lit torch is 24 hours as well.

You can also pay 100 diamonds to permanently light a torch.

When breeding, a counter will show how many torches you have and how many of them are currently lit. Each lit torch will increase the chances to successfully breed. Exact benefit per torch is unknown.
Notes

Having 10 torches lit out of 10 does not guarantee the breeding of a rare (i.e. ethereal, legendary....) monster.
Each Island has a different kind of Wishing Torch, based on the element it represents.

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,093 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Nov 9, 13 10:32 PM
GoalieAunt wrote:I saw the info on the torches this morning while I was looking for info on another structure.

I haven't gotten to that level on either my Kindle Fire or iphone and the PC version doesn't have torches yet so I'll I can give you is what is on the MSM wiki

Basics

You can buy torches from the Structures section of the Market , and are able to place up to 10 on each island.

Once you place a torch on your island, you can pay 2 diamonds to light it for 24 hours.

If your friends visit your islands, they will see a torch icon on any island with an unlit torch. Then can go to the island and light one torch by tapping on it. Duration for friends-lit torch is 24 hours as well.

When breeding, a counter will show how many torches you have and how many of them are currently lit. Each lit torch will increase the chances to successfully breed. Exact benefit per torch is unknown.
Notes

Having 10 torches lit out of 10 does not guarantee the breeding of a rare (i.e. ethereal, legendary....) monster.
Each Island has a different kind of Wishing Torch, based on the element it represents.

this sounds pretty cool. looking forward to it. i wonder if we'll be able to tap on people's torches with the BF version? i don't see why not, since we're able to visit & vote for them.

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,093 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Nov 9, 13 10:35 PM
GoalieAunt wrote:I saw the info on the torches this morning while I was looking for info on another structure.

Basics

Notes

this sounds pretty cool. looking forward to it. i wonder if we'll be able to tap on people's torches with the BF version? i don't see why not, since we're able to visit & vote for them.

knitnest
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by knitnest on Nov 10, 13 7:08 AM
kore21 wrote:

Oh man . . . people are irritated now about how the random islands work even when they don't get any reward. Imagine how it will be when your breeding chances depend on whether you are in that "random" group!

F_O_A
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by F_O_A on Nov 10, 13 11:30 AM
knitnest wrote:
kore21 wrote:

Oh man . . . people are irritated now about how the random islands work even when they don't get any reward. Imagine how it will be when your breeding chances depend on whether you are in that "random" group!

So true! but it would also give us a second bite at 'liking' an island - sort of - meaning if you don't like the island don't light the torch and if you do then light the torch. The ripple effect being that the people's whose islands you like and light a torch on would be more likely to breed an ethereal which would increase their chances at getting likes from others who then see their islands. OK so that's pretty convoluted!!

knitnest
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by knitnest on Nov 10, 13 11:51 AM
F_O_A wrote:
knitnest wrote:
kore21 wrote:

So true! but it would also give us a second bite at 'liking' an island - sort of - meaning if you don't like the island don't light the torch and if you do then light the torch. The ripple effect being that the people's whose islands you like and light a torch on would be more likely to breed an ethereal which would increase their chances at getting likes from others who then see their islands. OK so that's pretty convoluted!!

Whoa! I'm dizzy!

I don't know it might have the opposite effect. I get really kinda mad when I see an island that just has fancy monsters on it. #23 on the list right now is irritating - just a Quarrister. That's it. How did it get so many likes? I like a whole monster community best. Because they all need each other to be happy . . . and that's just beautiful *group hug*

pianogrinder
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by pianogrinder on Nov 10, 13 12:58 PM
I think the wishing torch is a great way for people to get recognition on their islands. Not only does it help on popularity, you would also be helping that other person's chances of breeding monsters. It's a win-win situation.

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,093 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Nov 10, 13 5:02 PM
knitnest wrote:
kore21 wrote:

you have a good point. we should be able to type number codes to find islands.

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,093 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Nov 10, 13 5:04 PM
knitnest wrote:
F_O_A wrote:
knitnest wrote:
kore21 wrote:

Whoa! I'm dizzy!

I don't know it might have the opposite effect. I get really kinda mad when I see an island that just has fancy monsters on it. #23 on the list right now is irritating - just a Quarrister. That's it. How did it get so many likes? I like a whole monster community best. Because they all need each other to be happy . . . and that's just beautiful *group hug*

getting a quarrister on earth island is a lot of work. i'm working on it myself, & can't afford to upgrade the castle. so if i get it, all other monsters will be in the hotel.

so i expect people are giving them likes for the difficulty level?

Edited on 11/10/2013 at 5:04:58 PM PST

Kay1212
Herring
Herring
384 Posts

[Post New]by Kay1212 on Nov 10, 13 5:21 PM
~kore21...I'm not sure if it was F_O_A or knitnest that spoke about the lone Quarrister...sorry to many quotes to be sure I have seen this and commented about it on another thread... but any hoo...I feel the sentiment was that just one monster, no decorations, not alot of "effort" like we put into our islands...just doesn't warrent that high of a rating 1000's of likes! . On my Earth island I have 6 Quarristers, decorations, paths....have put in some time to make it nice (still a work in progress) but I only have 2 likes for my island....So that beg's the question???? What makes a successful island??? Well, my thinking is, that it's in the eye of the beholder. I saw an island today that had a bunch of noggin's lined up in a diagional, with a path that lead to a shed (i think) and it had alot of thought and imagination put into it. Not alot of money spent (to get noggin's) but I had never seen anything like it...sorry...just my 2c's...

knitnest
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by knitnest on Nov 10, 13 6:12 PM
Yeah, It was me talking about the lone Quarrister. It's not about how hard they are to get - it's that it was the only monster on the island without even the things IT likes. That's what annoys me, because it seems like someone saved up their diamonds and bought the poor fellow then left him to languish alone. He's been like that for quite some time - a week, maybe many weeks - and it's sad that he doesn't even have a volleyball named Wilson to talk to.

Anyway, that post was partially in fun, because we put so much thought into how the monsters live, how they look, are they happy, are they living in a little village or putting on a show for visitors . . .

Kay1212
Herring
Herring
384 Posts

[Post New]by Kay1212 on Nov 10, 13 6:22 PM
knitnest wrote:Yeah, It was me talking about the lone Quarrister. It's not about how hard they are to get - it's that it was the only monster on the island without even the things IT likes. That's what annoys me, because it seems like someone saved up their diamonds and bought the poor fellow then left him to languish alone. He's been like that for quite some time - a week, maybe many weeks - and it's sad that he doesn't even have a volleyball named Wilson to talk to.

Anyway, that post was partially in fun, because we put so much thought into how the monsters live, how they look, are they happy, are they living in a little village or putting on a show for visitors . . .

Sorry knitnest...I didn't get the quote correct...But i agree with you...Why?? a lone Quarrister is in the top 25??? boggles the mind And I see what kore21 said about how hard they are to breed...but heck I have 6 there! and only 2 likes....what gives with even trying to get your islands up to "snuff"....lol

knitnest
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by knitnest on Nov 10, 13 6:28 PM
Kay1212 wrote:Why?? a lone Quarrister is in the top 25??? boggles the mind And I see what kore21 said about how hard they are to breed...but heck I have 6 there! and only 2 likes....what gives with even trying to get your islands up to "snuff"....lol

Ach, it's like too many things in life . . . you do it for yourself even if nobody else cares. We gotta get social.

Oh no! Horrible preteen flashbacks! What if we could give out our island codes and I *still* didn't get any likes!

Kay1212
Herring
Herring
384 Posts

[Post New]by Kay1212 on Nov 10, 13 6:55 PM
knitnest wrote:
Kay1212 wrote:Why?? a lone Quarrister is in the top 25??? boggles the mind And I see what kore21 said about how hard they are to breed...but heck I have 6 there! and only 2 likes....what gives with even trying to get your islands up to "snuff"....lol

Ach, it's like too many things in life . . . you do it for yourself even if nobody else cares. We gotta get social.

Oh no! Horrible preteen flashbacks! What if we could give out our island codes and I *still* didn't get any likes!

Well, looks like pimples and bad boyfriends for you doll! ...sorry that was flashbacks from my preteen...lol

[Post New]by Sinafin on Mar 26, 14 8:20 AM
Does anyone still play this?

The Big Fish version is a little lonely without the friends option - Well, I can see the friends option on the Ethereal island but it doesn't seem to work. Unless I'm doing something wrong?

If the friend option does work, can anyone tell me how it does and where do I find people's friends codes?
Thanks

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Mar 26, 14 8:36 AM
Sinafin wrote:Does anyone still play this?

The Big Fish version is a little lonely without the friends option - Well, I can see the friends option on the Ethereal island but it doesn't seem to work. Unless I'm doing something wrong?

If the friend option does work, can anyone tell me how it does and where do I find people's friends codes?
Thanks
You still must have the older version. The friend code disappeared on the March 11th update.

redcloud33
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by redcloud33 on Mar 26, 14 1:43 PM
knitnest wrote:. He's been like that for quite some time - a week, maybe many weeks - and it's sad that he doesn't even have a volleyball named Wilson to talk to.

that's because his name isn't Tom.....

chingchangcat
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by chingchangcat on Mar 26, 14 5:05 PM
Kay1212 wrote:~kore21...I'm not sure if it was F_O_A or knitnest that spoke about the lone Quarrister...sorry to many quotes to be sure I have seen this and commented about it on another thread... but any hoo...I feel the sentiment was that just one monster, no decorations, not alot of "effort" like we put into our islands...just doesn't warrent that high of a rating 1000's of likes! . On my Earth island I have 6 Quarristers, decorations, paths....have put in some time to make it nice (still a work in progress) but I only have 2 likes for my island....So that beg's the question???? What makes a successful island??? Well, my thinking is, that it's in the eye of the beholder. I saw an island today that had a bunch of noggin's lined up in a diagional, with a path that lead to a shed (i think) and it had alot of thought and imagination put into it. Not alot of money spent (to get noggin's) but I had never seen anything like it...sorry...just my 2c's...

I would love to see your Earth Island, it sounds like something I would absolutely Like or light a torch for if I could...unfortunately, I seem to be stuck in a loop of primarily Plant Islands set with fast tempos that are SO annoying...or the islands of sleeping monsters...or the islands that appear abandoned. On the rare chance I see something even remotely innovative, it gets a Like. Really, I wish BF or BBB or whoever controls this games servers would mix it up once in a while! And, LOL, that's my two cents! Hopefully someday I will see your lovely island, and not that forever lonely Quarrister on my visits!

Go to: