butterfly Key

dcanfi1955
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

butterfly Key

[Post New]by dcanfi1955 on Nov 9, 13 11:39 PM
Can Anyone Help. Once I got thru the forest I opened the mailbox and there was no butterfly key for the curtain. Am I looking in the wrong spot? I hope I do not have to start the over again. Please Help. Thanks

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

Re:butterfly Key

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Nov 10, 13 1:27 AM
The butterfly key should be in there, make sure you look behind the poem you read. Sometimes it's hard to get cursor to pick up items other than just stuff to read.

dcanfi1955
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dcanfi1955 on Nov 10, 13 7:32 AM
Hi I tried everything. It will only let me read the poem but pick the poem up. Thanks for the input. If anyone else has any ideas let me know.

[Post New]by bigduke45 on Nov 10, 13 5:13 PM
I can't find key either. just a poem.

[Post New]by supremered on Nov 10, 13 7:53 PM
can't find the darn key either! hope someone else can figure this out

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 10, 13 9:13 PM
have asked someone who has finished this to help.

in meantime, can you say what time it is in the Strategy Guide as not sure where you are and do not recall butterfly key.
do not recall a mailbox or a curtain either and poem - what poem?
am wondering if even playing same game - CURSERY ? right?
my games guru also does not recall. blast it!! sorry!!

NB: no need to start over!!!!!!!

apparently had not reached this part of game, apologies.

think am getting to where you are but am hoping someone will come along to save you from my un-help.

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 3:26:33 PM PST

butterfly Key

[Post New]by blueeyedgirl1301 on Nov 11, 13 3:03 AM
dcanfi1955 wrote:Can Anyone Help. Once I got thru the forest I opened the mailbox and there was no butterfly key for the curtain. Am I looking in the wrong spot? I hope I do not have to start the over again. Please Help. Thanks

If you're talking about the mailbox outside the crooked house in the last chapter at the end, it's actually a "butterfly jewel". Click on the magnifying glass to read the poem and after you zoom out, just slowly roll your cursor around until it turns into a hand instead of the magnifying glass. It IS a pain to grab, but just keep trying until you get that hand icon!

Also, double check our inventory to make sure you didn't already click on it or it didn't automatically do into your inventory. Again, it's named as "butterfly jewel", not butterfly KEY, so maybe you already have it but just didn't realize? It's happened to me before, so please don't think I'm being silly for recommending that! lol

Hope this helps!

[Post New]by elainerabit on Nov 11, 13 6:46 AM
Its been a whole day off and on trying to get key any ideas?

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 11, 13 8:01 AM
aren't games fun?
lol lol lol

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 11, 13 11:27 AM
tookat et al:

games are fun!! but our fellow fishies are amazing!!

FUNDERFUL!!!!

glad for all the help - now maybe I can finish!!

went back and started a 2nd game to find doll head trophy - then again to find something else - hence got lost and confused.

next time should finish first THEN try to find what have missed - but then, where is fun in that!!

always get more than $ worth!!! LOL!!

with help from blueeyedgirl should be fine - but did this once so am not sure why cannot explain this!!

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 3:00:10 PM PST

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Nov 11, 13 3:33 PM
I can't find the butterfly jewel either. Can someone send a screenshot of where to look for the hand curser? I've tried everything I could think of. Shouldn't be this hard.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 11, 13 6:37 PM
I can't run more than one profile per game.....

my poor old laptop is almost maxed out and when I have a LOT of games in my game manager, I have to go into the task manager and turn off processes I don't need so there is more free memory to the game.

I find myself needing to turn off the computer and let it cool off for a while.

I am saving my money for a new laptop and will happily take suggestions from folks as to good gaming computers that do not run hot.

in the meantime, I am SO enjoying this game.....and envy anyone whose computer screen makes the graphics look fuzzy, because my eyes do that for me, no matter what glasses I use. lol lol lol!

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 11, 13 6:49 PM
hey tookat:

next time you want a game - let ME get it for you!!!
cannot think of a better way to use bonus coupons!!
and Christmas IS coming!!! HO! HO! HO!
then can save faster for a new computer!!! wish had more $ to get whole thing!!!
you should only have the best!! (still you are stuck with me hahaha!!!)

in meantime - butterfly jewel explanation keeps me busy!!

apologies for the delay ...

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 3:03:31 PM PST

Re:butterfly Jewel

[Post New]by ravenlunatic on Nov 11, 13 10:24 PM
Hey guys. I tried moving the cursor all over the poem, zoomed out and did it in surrounding area as well. Still does not work. I suggest contacting Big Fish. I think it's a glitch.

Edited on 11/11/2013 at 10:38:08 PM PST

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 11, 13 10:39 PM
hi ravenlunatic (love the name)

see post above from blueeyedgirl1301posted at 3:03 am November 11.

should help!!!

Edited on 11/11/2013 at 10:41:55 PM PST

[Post New]by elainerabit on Nov 13, 13 6:27 AM
Has anyone found the butterfly ? poem is the only thing that gets picked up

Tambil
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Tambil on Nov 13, 13 11:51 AM
I have also done everything blueeyedgirl suggested, not getting anything. Definitely a glitch IMO, should not be that difficult to pick up. Also, when I ask for HINT on that location it tells me nothing to do here, so it either thinks I already have it (which I don't, all I have is the ramrod and the glassy eye key), or its a glitch.

JoFin
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by JoFin on Nov 14, 13 6:52 PM
Tambil wrote:I have also done everything blueeyedgirl suggested, not getting anything. Definitely a glitch IMO, should not be that difficult to pick up. Also, when I ask for HINT on that location it tells me nothing to do here, so it either thinks I already have it (which I don't, all I have is the ramrod and the glassy eye key), or its a glitch.

Tambil, I did exactly what you did and still didn't find it either. I feel it's a glitch as I am running Windows 8.1 with many games played and no problems. I've posted a message in the Technical thread, can only hope they find a fix.

[Post New]by morriswidow on Nov 15, 13 11:32 AM
Having the same problem!! Soooo frustrating to get so far in the game and something like this happens. Can't go any further so just hope they fix it or I will want my money back!!!

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 15, 13 12:23 PM
dear all:

do not understand why still such an ongoing problem - feel really badly that this is spoiling your game enjoyment -truly.

hope that can be fixed if is a glitch!!

will try and see what can also do to help - is not right that you are missing all this fun!

back soonest...

Edited on 11/15/2013 at 12:23:59 PM PST

Go to: