katycoogan
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Still can't play

[Post New]by katycoogan on Nov 10, 13 6:16 AM
Couldn't play the CE. Even after doing the Dr. Felix and trying the update. I just got a black screen with sound. Same with the SE. I guess I wasn't meant to play this game.......

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

Re:Still can't play

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Nov 10, 13 6:28 AM
I had that problem with another game katycoogan; luckily I have a laptop as well so I was able to play it on that. It's so annoying isn't it? Have you asked BF for advice?

[Post New]by myownhero on Nov 10, 13 6:44 AM
I'm having the same problem. I can hear the game but the screen is absolutely blank. I tried the help button but none of the answers fit my question.

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on Nov 10, 13 8:23 AM
I get a black screen with sound only. Disappointing to say the least. Please fix Big Fish

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Nov 10, 13 8:56 AM
Same problem as the CE even after trying the update ... black screen with voice.
No luck with this game.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Nov 10, 13 10:13 AM
If you can't play - read this, it may help

[Post New]by imbrdk on Oct 22, 13 1:34 PM

Hi
I had some problems with the game and contacted the support. They were very helpful and they really want to help, please don't complain about them, they are just there to help.
After a few mails and some dr. Felix checkup :o) it dawned on me that it might be my own fault, and it was. I was using a HDMI cable and the game can't function with that plugged in. If you are using an HDMI cable pull it out and enjoy your game. :o)
Hope it helps.

Found this on the CE forum so thought I would copy and paste it here, thought it might be helpful; I do hope so.

Edited on 11/10/2013 at 10:14:03 AM PST

arfur99
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by arfur99 on Nov 10, 13 12:49 PM
Same problem with sound only and no picture. BF seems very quiet on this. As they say on Ancient Aliens. Is anyone out there or even listening to this continuing list of problems with games they are selling! Nice to get a response BF.

chicabees
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by chicabees on Nov 11, 13 3:34 AM
Same problem here and had the exact same black screen with sound with the CE

eel71
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by eel71 on Nov 11, 13 6:14 AM
I thought we'd hear about a fix by now!

It looks like it would have been a good game too... shucks!

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Nov 18, 13 2:52 PM
G'day,

I just wanted to let you know that we are aware that some users are having trouble with a black screen.

This issue was addressed and resolved for some users with an update to the Collector's Edition (the same changes were made to the standard version), however a small number of users are continuing to see this issue.

Should we receive any further updates to the game we'll announce them in the forums.

In the meantime, as this is a technical issue I am going to go ahead and lock the thread.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Go to: