bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

Post any Treasure of the Caribbean Seas Tech issues here.

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Nov 11, 13 8:25 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Treasure of the Caribbean Seas Tech issues here.

[Post New]by Agentjacket on Nov 11, 13 9:25 AM
When it asked me to make a profile, no matter what name I put in, it says name already taken. I have to force quit to get out of that screen.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Nov 11, 13 10:50 AM
Agentjacket wrote:When it asked me to make a profile, no matter what name I put in, it says name already taken. I have to force quit to get out of that screen.

Same thing happened to me. Can't be bothered trawling through tech support about it so it's a hit delete for this one.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Nov 11, 13 5:11 PM
G'day,

The same thing is happening on my system here in the office, and initial investigation points to there being some trouble between the game and where it would like to save your progress to.

We are looking into this further and I'll post more details as I have them.

bfgMurrumbidgee

tinatoerat
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

A bug collecting pieces of paper

[Post New]by tinatoerat on Nov 12, 13 1:11 AM
In one scene the player is using a long picker-upper to collect items from a room.
There is a close-up scene of a desk and it seems one needs to collect pieces of paper that get put together within the scene.

I had collected three pieces of paper and then left the close up and looked at other things. When I returned to the scene the papers I had collected were no longer on the sheet where they were being collected - neither were they back in the places I'd originally found them.

I found one more paper - and it pasted itself onto the collection sheet. I left the scene and returned and found that the problem repeated itself. No paper to collect, and no papers already collected.

I abandoned the game at that point as it was not gripping - but someone may like to check what happens at that point in the game.

Opsimath
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Grappling hook mini game locks

[Post New]by Opsimath on Nov 12, 13 5:07 AM
When I played the mini game where the grappling hook is to be tossed to the second floor window, I finally decided that fifty tries was my limit and I would never get the arc right. But I was held prisoner. I couldn't SKIP the game; I couldn't X out of the game. I finally had open the Task Manager to exit the mini game (as well as the game, itself).

[Post New]by canajungirl1 on Nov 12, 13 7:19 AM
would like to know how BF testers let this one leave the lab, or perhaps even leave the game as there is no MENU icon or EXIT, i had to CTRL ALT DELE to exit this ridiculous game with so many glitches !!!!

ckristi88
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

A bug collecting pieces of paper

[Post New]by ckristi88 on Nov 16, 13 12:45 PM
tinatoerat wrote:In one scene the player is using a long picker-upper to collect items from a room.
There is a close-up scene of a desk and it seems one needs to collect pieces of paper that get put together within the scene.

I had collected three pieces of paper and then left the close up and looked at other things. When I returned to the scene the papers I had collected were no longer on the sheet where they were being collected - neither were they back in the places I'd originally found them.

I found one more paper - and it pasted itself onto the collection sheet. I left the scene and returned and found that the problem repeated itself. No paper to collect, and no papers already collected.

I abandoned the game at that point as it was not gripping - but someone may like to check what happens at that point in the game.

I'm having the same problem; very frustrating. Wishing I hadn't wasted a free game credit on this one!

Go to: