TracyS123
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Stamp Collection Quest

[Post New]by TracyS123 on Nov 11, 13 9:49 AM
I am trying to work on the quest for the samp collection. I found the Pony Express stamp in the Captain Matthew's scene. The next stamp I am supposed to find is the Columbus Day Stamp. When I click on "proceed," the game just takes me back to the Captain Matthew's scene but that scene doesn't have this stamp. I have looked at all of the available scenes and don't see it anywhere. Can anyone help me?

While I'm on the subject, I'm fairly new to this game and frankly don't understand the whole collectibles aspect. Can anyone explain it to me? What is it's purpose?

I also don't understand the auction house. Using the help function really doesn't help. All it does is tell you what different parts of the screen are for. It doesn't actually explain the game to you. So in some areas of the game, I really don't know what I'm doing!

Thanks,
Tracy

Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

Re:Stamp Collection Quest

[Post New]by Acashy on Nov 11, 13 10:10 AM
The HOG scenes all have certain items from the collections, but rarely are all of them available all the time.

Try and a scene a few times and check what collectibles will be available before entering the scene, and you will see them change. I haven't noticed a scene NOT having a quest item available for dropping before, but maybe that is the "problem" you are having with the Captain Matthews scene.

The collectables are basically items that drops from the HOG scenes and from the minigames. You use them to turn in the collections to the rewards.

THere is a sticky on the forums trying to complete a list of all the collectibles, and where to get them that might help you. It's far from complete yet, but it may still be of some help to you.

[Post New]by Arkyle on Nov 12, 13 2:34 AM
Hi Tracy

I'm having the exact same issue! Have you managed to solve it yet?

TracyS123
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by TracyS123 on Nov 12, 13 1:23 PM
Acashv,
Thank you for your reply although I'm still a bit confused about the stamps and the collectibes feature.

When I first got the stamp quest and I clicked on "play," it took me to the Captain Matthews scene. In the box where it shows what items you will find in the scene, it showed the Pony Express stamp which I got on the first try.

The next stamp is the Columbus Day stamp. When I click on either "play" or "proceed," it takes me back to the Captain Matthews scene and the box still shows just the Pony Express stamp. I have played the scene 2 or 3 times anyway but don't get anything but more Pony Express stamps.

None of the other scenes show the Columbus Day stamp so I'm going to try playing the Captain Matthews scene a few more times and see if maybe the stamp changes to the Columbus Day stamp (unless anyone else replies with different information for me.)

As for the collectibles, I still don't understand what their purpose is. I also don't understand what the auctions are for.

Thanks!
-Tracy

Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Acashy on Nov 12, 13 1:59 PM
Aaah, now I got I think...

Are you clicking the proceed button next to the Columbus stamp??

I don't actually remember if that was also from Matthews place, but next to each item you need there is a proceed and a skip button.

If that isn't the problem, try looking at the map overview, and then manually click the scene or building that has a "quest available" mark on them. Might be safest to do it this way anyways, as several players have reported problems with the "proceed" button.

[Post New]by Arkyle on Nov 15, 13 4:33 AM
Hi Ascashy

That's exactly the problem. The stamp isn't available anywhere. I've checked every single scene manually, and none of them have the stamp. The update didn't fix this one

*cry*

Arkyle

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 15, 13 4:41 AM
Am repeating here what I said in the Tech. Issues thread:

I too didn't get the Columbus Day stamp. Even after I had the Pony Express stamp, it still came up again and again. So in the end I skipped the Columbus Day stamp quest and bought it in the auction. That way I was able to do the stamp collection.

Edited to correct my earlier statement. The quest is now no longer there.

Edited on 11/15/2013 at 6:12:22 PM PST

[Post New]by Arkyle on Nov 15, 13 8:30 AM
After the last update its now showing up - in the scene with the truck. Finally!

Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Acashy on Nov 15, 13 9:35 AM
Not all collectibles are available all the time. Some would take multiple plays of a scene....

[Post New]by Arkyle on Nov 15, 13 10:28 PM
Hi Acashy

It still seems odd though, I went through at least 20 plays of that scene without having the Columbus stamp available once. I have to say that I can handle the collectibles not being guaranteed drops. In my view it is however unacceptable that they just completely disappear off the map. I now need to find a rose teapot in the junkyard. It's only been available to find once. So I have a 20% chance of having it appear at ALL and then I'm still not guaranteed to get it when it finally does appear. Sod that for a bad joke.

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 16, 13 12:53 AM
The Columbus stamp is in Dolores' Barn - the quest sends you to the wrong scene.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Nov 16, 13 12:35 PM
PTBT wrote:The Columbus stamp is in Dolores' Barn - the quest sends you to the wrong scene.

This ^. I too was very confused. I gave up and decided to play a different quest and lo and behold the first thing I got was the stamp and credit for completing the previous quest.

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 16, 13 6:29 PM
JB4510, if that isn't serendipity, I don't know what is LOL. Makes you glad you didn't skip it, too.

Sarwyn
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Sarwyn on Nov 17, 13 3:00 AM
PTBT wrote:The Columbus stamp is in Dolores' Barn - the quest sends you to the wrong scene.

I was on that quest too, and played that scene more than 10 times without getting it. It does not show up on the list of avaiable items either. I just skipped it and bought the stamp...

TracyS123
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by TracyS123 on Nov 21, 13 9:52 AM
I just tried playing Dolores's Barn but the stamp wasn't there either. I'll try playing the scene a few more times and if it doesn't show up there or anywhere else, I guess I'll just have to end up skipping it and buying it at auction. Thanks everybody who contributed to this thread!

-Tracy

Edited on 11/21/2013 at 10:00:39 AM PST

Go to: