gypsy4191
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

level 13

[Post New]by gypsy4191 on Nov 12, 13 11:29 PM
I have tried multiple different combinations and I keep missing gold, sometimes by the skin of my teeth sometimes by so much I could drive an elephant through the time difference lol Any suggestions?

ailaura
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:level 13

[Post New]by ailaura on Nov 13, 13 12:03 AM
I'm right there with you gypsy! There is a video on youtube if you get too frustrated. I have to watch it if I don't figure this out soon. It's 2:30 in the morning and I am still trying to solve this level. Maybe tomorrow.....good luck!....zzzzz

ailaura
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by ailaura on Nov 13, 13 10:51 AM
Here's what I learned on youtube......start with upgrading for the second Viking. Clear paths in both directions with emphasis on reappearing wood, food and gold. Build Druid house then workshop. Upgrade workshop to level 3 and take advantage of "freeze time". Build farm then warehouse. Upgrade farm then build ladder on right. Upgrade for 3rd Viking. Get gold at top of ladder and upgrade farm to 3 star. Clear and build upper left bridge and gold mine. Clear split path so all reappearing gold is available. Clear right bridge. Use "run fast". Collect all the gold and food you can and go after roots as soon as possible. It took me 3 tries and it was close. Good luck!

Destinye
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by Destinye on Nov 19, 13 1:28 PM
Any other hints I just can't get it! Or click fast enough!

pamvan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by pamvan on Nov 20, 13 12:49 PM
I have been on this level for days now! Can't figure out what the heck I could be doing wrong not to get 3 stars. I do these games a lot and have never had such a difficult time. Any hints appreciated. Have looked at you tube video, read the stuff here--still no 3 stars! Arrrrgh!!

mamahill2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mamahill2 on Nov 20, 13 3:39 PM
Ok so I thought I would post how I barely got 3 stars.

Upgrade home to give you 2 workers. Clear with 1 worker all the way to the workshop, DO NOT clear out the small stone in front of the farm yet. With the other worker clear all the way to the gold ore by the ladder.
When able, build the hut and the workshop, upgrade x1 as well.
Build ladder and upgrade workshop.
Clear to, and build farm and warehouse.
Clear upper section and around to berry bush.
Upgrade home when able.
Build mine.
Build upper 2 bridges.
Clear big stone and build left lower bridge.
Clear both roots.

THE WHOLE TIME USING FREEZE TIME. AND GRABBING EVERY BONUS ON THE TREE TRUNKS.

Good luck, it was very close.

Edited on 11/20/2013 at 3:40:16 PM PST

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Nov 21, 13 2:45 AM
Hi - slightly different and also just in time!

Always use Freeze Time Bonus

- Upgrade Camp
- Clear Road to Stone Stump
- Build Druid's Tent
- Clear Lizard Man
- Build Workshop
- Don't clear Rock to Farm
- Clear Lizard Man
- Upgrade Workshop x2
- Clear Lizard Man
- Upgrade Camp
- Clear Rock to Farm
- Build Farm
- Build Ladder
- Upgrade Farm
- Clear Lizard Man at top of Ladder
- Upgrade Farm
- Clear Lizard Man to Warehouse
- Build Warehouse
- Clear Big Rock
- Build Gold Mine
- Build Bridge, clear Lizard Man and clear Evil Root on lower level
- Clear Lizard Man, build Bridge and clear Evil Root on upper level
- Clear Lizard Man, build Bridge and clear final Lizard Man on upper level

Hope that helps!

Destinye
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by Destinye on Nov 21, 13 12:40 PM
I finally did i but I waited to build the warehouse and just made it!

[Post New]by jen1bar on Dec 11, 13 4:25 AM
After about 3 days I finally got 3 stars on this level by making the priority unblocking and picking up gold. It is tempting to keep on picking up all of the renewable wood, but I had to resist. From the beginning I worked over to the gold in the bottom left before even touching the renewable wood. While getting as much gold as you can also keep upgrading your wood building and you wont need to keep getting all of the wood. Also don't waste time breaking up the wood pile to the left just past the ladder. I kept getting way to much wood and not nearly enough gold every way I was trying before.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Dec 15, 13 12:36 PM
I am a slow clicker. I found Ricoblade's method the best for me. Gold is important, but the gold stump in the lower right just takes way too long to travel to. So leave that Lizard Man until the very last and don't worry about that gold and you save several critical seconds.

Ricoblade's post doesn't mention it, but I did find it helpful to go ahead and clear the path to the stump with wood/stone at the bottom of the screen that you pass on the way to the workshop. Since this method uses 3 workers, not just 2, there's enough time to pick up those resources and they really help with getting the workshop, camp, and farm maxed out sooner.

Also, once I had 3 workers I was also able to pick the berries on the plant several times, which I think also helped.

The third Lizard Man that Ricoblade mentions early is the one by the big rock. I had originally tried waiting to take that path until after I'd built the ladder, but it worked better to clear that path before building the ladder since there are both renewable food and gold along that route.

Once I removed the big rock, I did clear the path to the gold stump first before removing the gold nugget just past the big rock. I don't know how much difference that made, but I think it did get me one extra cycle of the renewing gold.

Robin

mitupogo
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by mitupogo on Dec 31, 13 8:15 AM
Finally!!!

I appreciate all your advice, everyone. What finally worked for me was to get the warehouse to 3 ASAP. While, of course, clearing up to the Druid, killing the lizard men... And I worked up past the druid's house to the lizard by the food, but while I was doing that, I cleared the rock by the farm - earlier than it seems some people did, but not till after the warehouse was at 3. I also tried to get up the ladder and get the third worker asap. Then built down past the big rock. The thing that finally helped me finish - barely - was that I waited till very last to build the bridge on the far right, and I actually had enough gold and food onhand that the guy who built the bridge could immediately kill the last evil plant.

Wow, this was a hard one!

[Post New]by grayfar on Jan 28, 14 6:41 PM
I finally did it!!! Very happy. Thanks for all the help. I really can't explain what I did. I think I took a bit of everything suggested and it worked. ALMOST hit restart after I won! Yikes! But I'm good...phew! Now on to try 15

[Post New]by scwthillary on Aug 9, 14 1:28 PM
Let's hear it for riccoblade!! Once again, your valuable tips got me to three stars on this level! Thank you.

Pixieydust
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Pixieydust on Aug 20, 14 11:00 PM
This level was sooooo frustrating!!! Boo!!

It took me a couple of days but I finally got it. I watched the walkthrough video and paused it to follow the exact steps or I would not have gotten it...

yay!! Now onto level 18 because I had to take a break in between!!

Go to: