ladyblu11
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Beware: Mac Version

[Post New]by ladyblu11 on Nov 14, 13 10:22 AM
Just tried the demo and quit after 10 minutes. The problem is that like the first one, the mac version doesn't have some of the vital options as the pc version.

Main problem, right off the bat, is that the Mac version does not have choices for Easy, Normal or Hard. You get what you get - and I gotta believe it's the normal or hard options.
There are other things missing in the mac version of the original game as well, so I'm going to assume it will be the same with this one.

I bought and struggled with the original Royal Defense here before I found out on another board that the mac version on BF was lacking some key components.

I then bought the game through the App Store and found the game so much more pleasant. Still difficult - but do-able and fun.

I did jump the gun and went ahead and bought this one - before trying it out. Big Mistake. What was I thinking??? I'll have to wait for it to hit the App store before I get to play RD -Ancient Menace.

NOTE to BF: I've found this to be true of other games when buying the Mac Versions here. I wish the developers would not take shortcuts when getting out our versions. I'ld rather wait.

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

Re:Beware: Mac Version

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Nov 14, 13 8:38 PM
I sure do agree with you about this! I'd much rather wait & try something that actually works (& can therefore be purchased). On my Mac 10.6.8: game would not open. Message said this was because of a "Problem"--said to check w/dev (¡?!) re game's compatibility with this Mac. Maybe BF could do that, before releasing it for Mac users (ya think?) . . . .

Edited on 11/14/2013 at 8:48:28 PM PST

vickijb
Clownfish
Clownfish
687 Posts

[Post New]by vickijb on Nov 15, 13 8:18 AM
I agree with the reviews. DO NOT buy the Mac version. I did not know that if these games are bought through the app store, then they actually work. Thank you for this information. Should not release these games until they work. Guess it's just another reason to quit buying games here and look to the app store.

[Post New]by Cashewie on Nov 17, 13 12:58 PM
blueskies01 wrote:I sure do agree with you about this! I'd much rather wait & try something that actually works (& can therefore be purchased). On my Mac 10.6.8: game would not open. Message said this was because of a "Problem"--said to check w/dev (¡?!) re game's compatibility with this Mac. Maybe BF could do that, before releasing it for Mac users (ya think?) . . . .

It says right in the System Requirements section (under the screenshots) that it requires at least OS 10.7. That's why it won't open on your OS 10.6.8 system.

[Post New]by choppy12 on Nov 18, 13 4:33 PM
After being very disappointed with the lack of the full version of the last royal defense game i contacted Level 8 Games and found out the better version can be purchased through the mac app store it is more enjoyable but still does not have the P.C level select, I do not understand why Big Fish is very badly dropping the ball on this.

[Post New]by ladymacbetth01 on Nov 18, 13 9:29 PM
Thanks for this info. I was about to buy the game and now I see it would have been a big mistake. I've already canceled my subscription and I'm thinking I might give up completely on bigfish. The games they release for Mac are crap and apparently the good ones aren't released properly.

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 9:30:13 PM PST

[Post New]by morningglori on Dec 12, 13 5:03 PM
Well, I have to agree with everyone else. I bought the MAC version of Royal Defense from BF and it is absolutely impossible to beat some of the levels of this game. You don't get very many gems to upgrade your weapons, so you're stuck playing at a certain level and you can't win at that level.
SUCKS big time.

azzie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by azzie on Mar 5, 14 6:36 PM
I wish I had read this thread before purchasing this game.

[Post New]by engineer8151 on Apr 16, 14 1:18 PM
The real question why is BF not listening to us and making the programers upgrade the Mac Versions; instead of just taking our money for a product that is NOT complete?

BF I'm awaiting an answer!

Sorrybut
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Sorrybut on May 20, 14 5:35 AM
I keep coming back to see if anyone of the powers that be ever reads this...

Seems they don't really mind the embarrassing fact that they offered a whole bloody series that simply isn't functional on mac.

(Yeah, I did get a free game, but still have three that won't play.)

Those of you who bought at the app store: I looked, but didn't find it.
Probably another issue of "not available in your country" :-(.

Seriously, Big Fish: This is BAD, BAD policy. Pfui.

[Post New]by lippipop on May 21, 14 8:29 AM
I was beginning to wonder why I couldn't get past level 6 on the first levels and wondered why the youtube hints are for easy normal or hard levels when I only had the one option.
I am regretting not reading this first as this has been a massive waste of money and there is nothing that can be done with this game. Shame.

Go to: