Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

thanksgiving collectables

[Post New]by crestedwave on Nov 14, 13 10:18 PM
at midnight the game changed and the thanksgiving collectables became available

Re:thanksgiving collectables

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Nov 14, 13 10:35 PM
Whoo Hoo! Thanks for sharing Crested Wave! I was thinking it was going to be the invisible Thanksgiving collection at the rate it was going. Everyone seemed to have different info including BF's announcement banner yesterday. So glad it's finally here. Now if I can figure it out I'll be great.... Have fun on the Turkey Hunt every one!

[Post New]by niximer03 on Nov 14, 13 11:06 PM
I found a turkey too! So happy I can play continuously now!

[Post New]by beezeemee on Nov 14, 13 11:15 PM
i am now saving my money to buy those new autumn decor! i hope to complete the turkey set soon too. they look so funny in a good way hehe

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 15, 13 12:19 AM
The price for the 2 decorations is outrages. Can't see how you can get just over 80.000 gold coins together in a day. I am saying "in a day", because I am not sure this quest is still there on the second day. I skipped this one, because I don't even have 10.000 gold at the moment, and I rather do some other turkey quests.

So, now that I skipped the decoration quest, the turkey quest is gone. So I am assuming it will come back on the second day with more quests.

[Post New]by samueldandy on Nov 15, 13 1:48 AM
where do you find the decorations? please help

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 15, 13 2:10 AM
Click on the "Play Now" button in the quest, and you will get there. Otherwise, just click on the "street" tab at the bottom, that takes you to the section where you can buy pavements, flags, a parrot, and windows and such for your antique shop.

[Post New]by samueldandy on Nov 15, 13 3:09 AM
I think there may be a problem with my game, if I click on proceed it just keeps me in the town. I would have thought you would come to it by the design button but this is covered by the new time countdown. I have looked in each quest but flags etc is not there. Thank you Valdy for such a quick reply.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 15, 13 4:10 AM
Yes, sorry, it's the "Design" button, not a street button. The Thanksgiving countdown shouldn't cover that button. All three buttons at the left (the Map, the area, and the design buttons) should be visible, with the Thanksgiving countdown banner right in the middle.

You might want to try reinstalling the game. That might do the trick.

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Nov 15, 13 8:21 AM
Valdy wrote:The price for the 2 decorations is outrages. Can't see how you can get just over 80.000 gold coins together in a day. I am saying "in a day", because I am not sure this quest is still there on the second day.

Just a suggestion for you... If you play the mini games, you get a lot of gold. In the toy shop for instance. The one for 5 hammers pays over 5k in gold coins per play when you are at master level. They are definitely worth working your way to master levels. Even the 1 paint game in the Paint shep pays over 3800 per play. You can make the 80k in less than a half hour with the mini games. Hope that helps.[i]

Edited on 11/15/2013 at 8:23:13 AM PST

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Nov 15, 13 8:27 AM
mammamia21099 wrote:
Valdy wrote:The price for the 2 decorations is outrages. Can't see how you can get just over 80.000 gold coins together in a day. I am saying "in a day", because I am not sure this quest is still there on the second day.

Just a suggestion for you... If you play the mini games, you get a lot of gold. In the toy shop for instance. The one for 5 hammers pays over 5k in gold coins per play when you are at master level. They are definitely worth working your way to master levels. Even the 1 paint game in the Paint shep pays over 3800 per play. You can make the 80k in less than a half hour with the mini games. Hope that helps.[i]

Yeah, I made the 80,000 coins in 20 minutes in the paint shop, so I don't see how anyone should have a major problem with this quest. Right now, in just resources, I have the potential to earn over 1,000,000 coins if I use them all for mini games. Oh and before you ask, no I have not spent a single gold bar to get any of these resources. I have 100 hammers, 100 rolls of film, 85 art easels etc. So this is fairly easy to accomplish as long as you are willing to spend 20 minutes doing nothing but minigames.

crestedwave
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by crestedwave on Nov 15, 13 8:33 AM
I always play the mini games for coins it builds up fast I always look for all the resources I can get I usually like to play the mini game for one coin and throw in the other ones once in awhile

crestedwave
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by crestedwave on Nov 15, 13 8:34 AM
I have some resources with almost 500 and a lot with over 200

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 15, 13 8:57 AM
Oh, this one-at-a-time stuff is killing me, haha

Went through my cities and found all the collectibles, played each and if you are fast you can get everything on the first try. So have gotten first set of all except the owl guises. Couldn't find them anywhere so hopefully they are part of a quest in the next days... and getting all that gold is just lovely!

Enjoy the hunt

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 15, 13 6:24 PM
Thanks for the tips, everyone. Unfortunately, I restarted the game only a short while ago, so I am more or less still at the beginning, where all my businesses are still only on level 1. That's why I will have a lot of difficulty to get the quests done.

For example, today, on day 2, I have to do mini games in 3 different places where level 3 needs to be unlocked. So I have just now gone and unlocked level 2.

I am actually thinking of just skipping the Thanksgiving quests - as far as spending a lot of money and material is concerned, and just concentrate on getting enough together for the Christmas edition (which, I hope, we will get after this one).

Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Acashy on Nov 15, 13 8:28 PM
Valdy wrote:Thanks for the tips, everyone. Unfortunately, I restarted the game only a short while ago, so I am more or less still at the beginning, where all my businesses are still only on level 1. That's why I will have a lot of difficulty to get the quests done.

For example, today, on day 2, I have to do mini games in 3 different places where level 3 needs to be unlocked. So I have just now gone and unlocked level 2.

I am actually thinking of just skipping the Thanksgiving quests - as far as spending a lot of money and material is concerned, and just concentrate on getting enough together for the Christmas edition (which, I hope, we will get after this one).

Skipping thanksgiving quests on the days you can't do them, might not be a bad idea.

Seems that the only special items we are getting from thanksgiving, are the decorations and one pet accessory. Which can all be gotten without the quests.

Playing catch-up every day would take the fun out of the game for me too.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 15, 13 9:34 PM
I would have loved getting those 40 gold bars for finishing all of the Thanksgiving quests, Acashy, but unless I spend a lot of gold bars skipping most of the quests, it's not going to happen.
I was already on level 25 when all the quests stopped - that was way before all the updates. So I decided to start again, and again, and again, each time trying to do things differently and more efficiently. So now, when this Thanksgiving episode comes along, I was stuck pretty much at the beginning again.

So what I did today (I was only on level 15), was restart the game (again). I am now on level 8 already again, and won't be doing any of the Thanksgiving quests, unless they are easy ones for which I get things in return, and just concentrate on getting to a high enough level by the end of the month, so that I can do the Christmas quests (again, which I hope will be part of the game).

Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Acashy on Nov 16, 13 1:17 AM
I don't remember what was available at lvl 8 :s

But if I was you, I would focus on trying to lvl up and unlock as many scenes as possible (probably by focussing on the scenes that drops the thanksgiving items).

Start getting all buildings to lvl 1. Then save building resources so you have them for when quests might need you to upgrade a building several lvls, or if you need to upgrade a building to a certain lvl to unlock a scene (think there was one or two of those).

As soon as you start to get resources for the Dinhammer Alley games, get the 1st (2nd if available) game to master lvl, so you can make enough coins to regularly get the pizzas and stews.

With all the replays I'm sure you already have/know a strategy, but maybe it can help someone else ;p

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 16, 13 2:16 AM
As I mentioned in my previous post, I was already on level 25 when I decided to restart the game quite a while ago. So I know what is coming my way.

And I said that I started the game again today and am already back on level 8 now. And yes, I will concentrate on getting as high as possible, with the buildings upgraded as much as possible before the end of the month.

Edited on 11/16/2013 at 6:32:51 AM PST

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Nov 16, 13 5:34 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know where the "Blue Sky Corn" collection item can be found? I found the others in the Mine and Doll Shop, both of which are at Master level. I'm thinking I might need to get the next up to Master before it appears?

Thanks,
Jacki

Go to: