Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
3,798 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Nov 3, 17 8:34 AM
When I went back into the game after my last post, it didn't open where I left, it reloaded from the page. My DQ was reset - still an old ghost quest, but the 2 ghosts I had already caught were gone, along with the traps I used catching them.

This is the 8th day in a row I have gotten an old ghost quest 1st thing. I haven't had a new ghost quest since the 1st day of the event. That's just not right.

Edited on 11/03/2017 at 8:37:53 AM PST

bfgBeruna
1,339 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 3, 17 2:16 PM
Hello Desertdruid,

I'm so sorry there's still trouble with the game and Daily Quests. I would definitely recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team and continuing to work with them if you already have. They're equipped for more in-depth and investigative troubleshooting than we are in the forums. When multiple errors are occurring with the game, the Moderation Team directs players to them because they'll be able to provide more personalized suggestions.

We really appreciate your patience with us and with them as well. We take the time and passion you invest in Midnight Castle very seriously. Please PM me or another moderator if there are any remaining questions.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by LumiereM on Nov 9, 17 7:43 AM
The game is stealing my inventory. I've been collecting items to craft requested artifacts and several times I would enter the items into the zoom zone, produce the needed item, then go to the lab for crafting only to discover that there was no item AND the inventory was gone too! I can't finish my quests.

bfgBeruna
1,339 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 9, 17 9:56 AM
Hello LumiereM,

I'm really sorry items that have been obtained aren't being added to your inventory. That would absolutely prevent the completion of quests, so let's see what we can do to fix this.

First, please check to see that the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver controls how the computer's graphics display, so installing a newer version can fix a number of troubles. I'd also increase the game's permissions on the computer by running it in Administrator Mode. This will ensure that Midnight Castle can access all of the resources it needs, too. The help pages below will provide instructions about those processes.

Update Video Card Driver (Computer)
Run as Administrator (Computer)

Thank you for your patience. If there are any remaining questions, feel free to PM me or another moderator. We'll gladly provide help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by tahitianpearl on Nov 9, 17 10:45 AM
I'm having a whole host of problems - apparently, including disappearing forum posts. I'm missing inventory, completed tasks not counting, items collected after scene completions not in inventory, last yellow ghost last reported seen in an upcoming meteor shower, etc.

I also have gifts showing up 4 days late (items specifically requested 4 days earlier).

I'm not sure where my forum posts are showing up - 2 of those are missing.

What the heck is going on ?

bfgBeruna
1,339 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 9, 17 12:31 PM
Hello tahitianpearl,

I definitely understand wanting an explanation for and help with the game troubles being experienced right now. I'll do my absolute best to provide both.

Although the post below was made in the Gummy Drop! Forum, it offers some good troubleshooting suggestions. If posts have been submitted but aren't appearing, then it's possible the forums are filtering them. Reformatting the post should address the issue.

Having trouble posting about levels? - September 27, 2016

If posts were made successfully but have since disappeared, please PM me or another moderator with as much information about those posts as is remembered. We'll continue investigating the matter.

To resolve the other issues happening in the game, such as delayed gifts, please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to further investigate this matter and provide a solution. Be sure to include the game's Friend Code with the inquiry.

Thanks for your patience, and I wish you the best of luck.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Gibseth on Nov 11, 17 7:15 PM
I am having trouble with update. On level 80 have gone to app update game doesn't update my ID a660943. Please help as I have been playing game for two years with no problem until the month.

bfgArinelle
228 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 12, 17 3:02 PM
Hi Gibseth,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble updating the game. If the steps for updating your game haven't helped, please send a message to our Midnight Castle Support Team by clicking on the following link:

Midnight Castle Support Team

Once the page opens up, fill out the form, and please include the Friend Code for your account in the box for that on the form. Thank you so much for all of your patience, and please feel free to PM me or another of our active Moderators with any other questions you may have. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by acampbell54 on Nov 12, 17 5:07 PM
The game went completely off, because of this I lost the Sea Serpent and back doing the same missions. Is there I can get Bac all I lost? Please advise, thanks

[Post New]by Zipzoc on Nov 13, 17 2:55 AM
Have 2 private messages but cannot open them, when I click on them a minus sign appears asking if I want to block them. Also can’t seem to send private messages, have clicked on purple envelope in the profile page and it asks if I want to send a private message but then nothing happens.

bfgIlinalta
3,093 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 13, 17 11:13 AM
Hello acampbell54 and Zipzoc,

Thank you for reporting your experiences while playing Midnight Castle. It appears that there is a game specific issue as well as a forum specific issue. I'd like to help with the forum related issue first and then provide how to contact our Support Team for more assistance with that loss of progress being reported.

Zipzoc, it sounds like there may be some trouble with receiving or sending private messages as they appear to contain no subject line. This means that the PM cannot be opened as the PM's subject line is what links to that message. This likely means that the content being sent is running into the forum's automated filters. I'm sorry that this is happening and wanted to provide some suggested workarounds that may assist with resolving this.

Players may find the following announcement with workarounds for this issue helpful for sending private messages:

Having trouble posting about levels? - September 27, 2016

It would also be helpful to take a screenshot of the message's content before hitting send, this way if there is trouble sending it after trying those workarounds, that you can send in the verbatim copy of the message so the Forum Moderation Team can review why this may be continuing to happen. To do this, I have found using the "Preview" button helpful. This button will show your message as it would appear when opened, so you can take a screenshot of the message more easily. This will allow you to make sure you can send in the verbatim message to our Customer Support Team for further review.

acampbell, for a loss of progress, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with your Friend Code and a description of what has happened. It would also help to provide what has been lost and what was happening before that loss was noticed. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this is helpful.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Gileadsbalm on Nov 13, 17 2:35 PM
Lisapall wrote:I have the 10000 coins to open level 26 but will not allow me to open it. Why?

me too!! any solution?

tennco
Clownfish
Clownfish
880 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Nov 13, 17 6:39 PM
My iPad is locked up with the mail screen displayed. I cannot do anything including shutting it off.

It’s working now

Edited on 11/13/2017 at 7:19:04 PM PST

bfgBeruna
1,339 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 14, 17 10:12 AM
Hello Gileadsbalm and tennco,

Thank you both for reaching out to us. I'm glad that your game is working now, tennco, and am swimming over to help you right away, Gileadsbalm.

If you've confirmed that you've reached Level 26 but cannot unlock the new area, then please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with a screenshot of the area that can't be unlocked. Be sure to include the game's Friend Code as well. This will help the Support Team figure out what's happening.

The help pages below will walk you through taking a screenshot and attaching it to an email.

How do I take a screenshot? (iOS)
How do I attach a file to my email?

Please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if there are any remaining questions. We wish you the best of luck.

bfgBeruna

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by hadleyjon on Nov 15, 17 5:40 AM

Edited on 11/15/2017 at 9:27:02 AM PST

Go to: