Feedback with Blam! Games

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

Feedback with Blam! Games

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 16, 13 12:59 AM
Hey fishies!

It's great that you are playing Punished Talents: Seven Muses Collector's Edition.
We do our best to take your advices and suggestions in account and make our games more interesting and fun to play. We hope our dear fishes will love our new features in this whodunit game. If you have any questions about the game - feel free to ask. Also, if you wish, you can make a review about our game on the game's main page.

Happy gaming!

With best regards,
Blam! Games.

Edited on 11/16/2013 at 11:11:03 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Feedback with Blam! Games

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 16, 13 1:22 AM
Hi BlamDev...

I loved the beta when I played it and am very happy to see it here on BF today. This is the kind of story I love playing. Great graphics, great gameplay = great fun.

The one thing I really didn't care for was having to search each scene with the magnifying glass for morphing objects. No... that's not what I call fun. Besides, that sort of thing disrupts the gameplay (for me). Otherwise, love what I have played so far.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 16, 13 1:25 AM
Hi Blammies....
I am super enjoying the demo of Punished, and am getting ready to buy the game.
I want to thank you from my entire eyeballs for including a magnifying glass in with the game tools! I love it!

I have a question and a request though.
Question first....am I correct in assuming you were going for an Edward Hopper sort of feel to the art work?
You really succeeded if you did!

Second.....Please, if you can either do a patch or correct it in future games....
Don't use red lettering, especially on a yellowish, tan or slightly orange background....or even on a black background.
It is devilishly difficult to read, especially for those of limited sight or for the color blind.

Anyway....great game.....am loving the whole 1930-40's hard-boiled detective story feel of it.

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 16, 13 1:36 AM
Hi Valdy!

Thank you for your opinion!

Hi tookat!

About first question - we based our art style to our own vision of the game.

About second question - in our future games we won't use similar things.

Thank you for review and nice words!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 16, 13 1:47 AM
ohai...I hope I did not insult you when suggesting the Hopper influence.
I used to teach various drawing and design classes, and I often told students to cull ideas from art history and other resources when designing a "Look".

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 16, 13 1:52 AM
tookat

We always like to learn art styles and want to find our own style.

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Nov 16, 13 2:22 AM
Just wanted to say I'm enjoying the game so far and believe I will be purchasing the CE.

I appreciate that you were here listening to what we thought of the game. I really don't have much to add, but wanted to say thanks.

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 16, 13 2:47 AM
leapfrog0202

Thank you! Have a nice day!

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Nov 16, 13 2:51 AM
Am I correct in assuming this will be your last game for 2013?
This looks wonderful. I am a massive fan of murder mysteries. Please do more murder mystery games in the future. (such as European Mystery- I loved that one!)

All the best for 2014, Blam!

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 16, 13 3:15 AM
catbag8717

Big thank you for great words!

We wish you the great 2014!

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Nov 16, 13 3:28 AM
Hello, I have just started playing this game but I already love it! The graphics are beautiful. I appreciate the fact that we have the option to turn off sparkles, that's not the case with most nowadays. I just like the custom option period! I like the black bar comments and the morphing objects, and I love the storyline.
However, if you are looking for suggestions, it is always nice to have options other than the HO scene, like match 3 or something new with HO scene, not just looking for the items. But, like I said I just started the game. Maybe that's the case later and I haven't reached it yet. Otherwise, I really like the game, great job!

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 16, 13 3:32 AM
Melymc

Thank you! We wait for your review after complete the demo.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Nov 16, 13 3:53 AM
Great to see you in the forum Blam! It is magic for me to think our opinions matter to you.

I intend to enjoy this game thoroughly - it looks very appealing, and I love the feel of it.

VERY happy to see a new story too! I have a review in the review thread, if you'd care to read it.

Keep up the good work.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 16, 13 3:56 AM
BlamDev wrote:tookat

We always like to learn art styles and want to find our own style.

big grynn
As you should!
and every game should have a style appropriate to the game, which I notice you do.

Agnes_2810
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Agnes_2810 on Nov 16, 13 4:28 AM
Hi Blamies!

I thought only yesterday, I want to play a "normal" crime story. Whit normal people, in a normal city. No mad enemies, no black fog, who takes the son, the fiance, the husband... And today: you are there with this amazing crime! (Are you mind-reader? :-)) Thank you so much!!! After 15 min. demo I bought the game.

Have a very nice day! Thanks again and best wishes from Hungary! Agnes

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Nov 16, 13 4:41 AM
I am buying the game after writing this. I love the evidence board concept! I tried to look, did you guys also do Enigmatis:The Mists of Ravenwood game? That is one of my top three favorite games, and it shares that concept. If not sorry to bring it up! But, I do enjoy collecting the clues, it's not that hard to do. The game flows well, and like I said the storyline keeps you interested. I hate when the artwork is fuzzy, or too cartoon-ish, because for me it is hard to appreciate. There is none of that here. It is clear and beautiful, and allows you to appreciate the time that people took to create it. Great game, keep them coming! Have a great holiday season!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 16, 13 4:45 AM
What a great game, the graphics are so beautiful and I love the sounds thx DEV's for all your hard work and time to make us all happy today, kuddo's to big fish for this awesome game today Congrats DEV's.. 5 's

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 16, 13 5:00 AM
JustTheFacts

Your opinion is always important for us. Thank you for review.

Hi Agnes_2810!

Thank you for the nice words, happy gaming!

Melymc

Thank you! About Enigmatis:The Mists of Ravenwood - it's game not made by our studio - but we have a lot another games.

lovely62

Thank you! Have a great day and fun game!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Nov 16, 13 5:44 AM
Hello and welcome once again Blam! Games,

Always a good thing seeing you in the forums. The game is downloading as I'm writing this so haven't started it yet but I'd like to ask you a question. Apparently the title is inspired from Greek mythology, right? Why not nine muses then instead of seven? I come from Greece you know so couldn't help but to wonder...

I'll return with my comments after I've finished the game.

BlamDev
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by BlamDev on Nov 16, 13 6:00 AM
Hello tammytheo!

Our title is inspired from not actually Greek mythology, but similar to it. Seven is a lucky number, so we think that this number will be good sign for our game

We wait for your review about full game.

Go to: