bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Post Your Punished Talents: Seven Muses Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 16, 13 8:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

Re:Post Your Punished Talents: Seven Muses Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by sartasia on Nov 17, 13 8:15 AM
DL'd both this game and another CE for the sale. Though they DL'd neither will install. Both give different separate errors. I've never had this happen in the 5+ years I've been with BF.
I uninstalled/re-installed both games and the GM. I have reset my password. Nothing works.
I have sent an email to CS along with a Dr Felix.
So disappointed.
Was looking forward to trying this out. Hopefully I can get this corrected.

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Post Your Punished Talents: Seven Muses Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Nov 18, 13 4:45 PM
I'm loving the game, but every time one of the "automatic cut scenes," for lack of a better term, starts (often when I find a note or message that adds to the journal), my CPU goes crazy: loud humming noise, although the game continues to play just fine.

Once I exit out of the game, it quiets down. I have a performance meter on my desktop, that shows the level of CPU/RAM being used, and every time I exit it shows that for the seconds preceding the exit, the usage meter is at the top of the chart.

I'm running Windows 7, and don't know if maybe I don't have enough spare RAM to handle the animations, etc.

Curious to know what you think might be happening.

Thanks.

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Nov 18, 13 8:43 PM
This game worked fine when I played the sample version. I liked it so I bought it. After uninstalling and reinstalling three times it still won't work. It throws me immediately to the play again screen. Please fix this game or I want a refund. I haven't had this happen in quite awhile. I'm running XP.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 19, 13 4:08 PM
sartasia, I took a look in our system and it looks like your games downloaded after some troubleshooting. I hope you are enjoying those!

Ann070558, It's hard to tell if this is a technical issue. I'd recommend posting your question in the main Punished Talents: Seven Muses Collector's Edition Forum, to see if some of the other users can offer some tips. I know that some of our gamers have been able to get all the way through the game.

If it feels like these are, indeed, technical issues, if often helps to uninstall and reinstall the game to make sure everything has downloaded correctly. For help doing that, just click on the blue text below:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

jaxxgirl, I'd recommend closing all other programs while you play the game, and possibly re-start your computer, just to be sure that game has the freshest start possible when playing. If you'd like one of our Tech Support Reps to take a closer look at that, just send a Dr. Felix Report on over, and they'd be happy to take a look.

lkbambi, It sounds like that game is crashing before it has the chance to open. I'd restart your computer, just to be sure everything is up and running as well as possible. If that doesn't help, I'd recommend checking for updates, to ensure that the game is communicating as well as it can with the computer. For assistance finding those, just click on the blue text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If these tips don't help, the next step would be to get in contact with our Tech Support Team so our Reps can look into those issues and help offer more specialized assistance.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Nov 19, 13 7:19 PM
Ann070558 wrote:I have played the game to near conclusion thrice, and the game cannot be solved.
There is no recipe for the glowing compound, and the last piece of the hand writing sample cannot be found. The last of the muse symbols also cannot be found.
The game leaves you in the cellar, and the hint points to the paper there, indicating that it can be written on with a glowing compound. Even using the guide for turn by turn instructions resulted in the same ending. I need an answer to what has gone wrong with this game.

Ann070558

As bfgDeveron mentions, the issues you're having are probably not of technical nature. It looks like you're not able to perform the tasks that will lead you to the end of the game as you haven't found the needed items for them yet. The strategy guide is very helpful actually so perhaps you should give it another look.

ETA: Hope by now you have managed to finish the game.

Edited on 11/20/2013 at 1:32:44 PM PST

[Post New]by nobinsky on Nov 24, 13 9:29 AM
I've reached the door where you have to put the muse symbols in the door puzzle to solve. I collected each muse but when I went to place them in the puzzle the actors muse disappeared from the inventory and instead there is a white box with "no item" written on it. How do I retrieve the inventory piece to finish the puzzle please?

[Post New]by jay1964 on Dec 2, 13 3:25 PM
[b]IN the bonus chapter, in the first HOS, There is no third bird for the wind chimes. I tried using the hint button several times with no results. I referred to the SG-again no help. I was really enjoying this game-now I'm towards the end of it-now this have to happen-please fix it and issue an update ASAP.

[Post New]by pianoguy36609 on Dec 19, 13 4:42 PM
Periodically, I am getting an error that there is no disk in drive D. If i get Windows 8 to bring up the task manager, the error goes away. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by rozsea on Feb 3, 14 12:49 PM
I have everything needed to create the glowing compound, I did the measuring and the thing in the flask sure looks like the glowing compound, but the game did not recognize that I had solved the puzzle and would not allow me to take the compound.

I thought maybe I'd measured incorrectly, so I hit reset. After that, the game would not allow me to do anything with the liquids. I cannot complete this puzzle because the game does not recognize that I am doing anything with the liquids. Everything else seems to work. I can back out of the puzzle, I can hit reset, I can move to other locations, I just can't finish this stupid puzzle!

Seems to be a bug? I looked through the forum and no one else seems to be having this issue?

I do not want to start the game over from the beginning. If I uninstall and reinstall, will I lose all my progress?

I am using a PC with Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit.

This is very frustrating, as I have been enjoying the game and am nearly finished with it! Any suggestions that don't involve starting over?

[Post New]by rozsea on Feb 4, 14 6:53 AM
Duh, I didn't think to hit the skip button before asking my question yesterday. That got me out of the glowing compound puzzle and let me finish the game, but is not a very satisfying solution, since I know I completed the puzzle correctly.

Adz4
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Adz4 on Oct 20, 14 3:29 PM
Hi, I bought and installed in my galaxy s3. I'm in the editor stage already. I completed the task on the camera when I picked it up, my phone rebooted. When I played the game again, the camera is missing. I can't continue the game since it is my next task, to get pictures. Please advise. Thanks

Go to: