Av8Trx
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

General Review - Stuck on Level 98

[Post New]by Av8Trx on Nov 16, 13 6:39 PM
I'm not a huge fan of match three type games, but this one is pretty decent until you get into the higher levels. From about level 60 up, your ability to complete the board depends on what "power up," you receive. These are given at the beginning of each new board you have to clear in sequence. It seems the only really useful ones in the higher levels that have chains across some squares are Stars, Bombs, and Shields. Forget the Harry Potter time-turner thing and the orange cross. Lightening is sort of useful. I took to simply allowing the timer to run out if I drew a "dud," power up, there was no hope of completing the board. I'd repeat this until I had one of the good ones. After you run out of lives, it restarts at the beginning of that series of boards, so you sort of have to pick and choose your battles with this technique. Not a bad game, it's repetitious, but I guess all match three types are.

Edited on 11/16/2013 at 6:42:24 PM PST

yews
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:General Review - Stuck on Level 98

[Post New]by yews on Feb 19, 14 9:24 PM
I just won the game, only set back was having to play the last 25 or so board again, but I still had 18 lives at that point. Just didn't get enough points in time. I believe the secret is to try not to finish a game before you recharge whatever power up you have. So when I got to level 95 or so, I had almost all of the power ups to choose from. Each one comes in handy at some point.

Go to: