Lab_Lover
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Balloon Puzzle

[Post New]by Lab_Lover on Nov 17, 13 11:05 AM
I did this puzzle with the help of the strategy guide, but for the life of me I can't figure out how the pressure amounts were calculated. Even though I'm through the puzzle, I'd like to know how it was supposed to be done.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Balloon Puzzle

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 17, 13 7:39 PM
Same here. Played it a couple of times and got through it ok, but I just couldn't figure out the logic of it. The only thing I could think of was that the colors of the balloons had something to do with the colors on the pressure gauge, but that didn't seem to go for all of them! Surely this wasn't actually a random guessing puzzle?

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Nov 17, 13 8:44 PM
This one gave me a hard time too. What helped me not to skip it was, please highlight, the red button which lighted up every time a combination was correct. Maybe you're right SeverineSnape and this was a random guessing puzzle indeed but what about the note with the chemical elements? Please highlight again: Right next to each one of the three elements was the amount of moves the pressure gauge indicator could made for each element, either forward or backward. Also every chemical element has its own atomic number, right? Could this perhaps had something to do with the solution?

Still can't figure out the logic behind it I'm afraid.

ETA: SeverineSnape, are you the SG writer?

Edited on 11/17/2013 at 9:59:46 PM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 18, 13 12:05 AM
Nope, I didn't do this one. I did start on the SG for it at a very early build of the game, which only included the police station chapter, but by the time the game had advanced enough to continue the SG I was working on other games so it went to someone else. Don't know who. But I remember being quite frustrated with the balloon game because I couldn't figure it out and so didn't know how to explain it in the SG other than just giving the solution!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Nov 18, 13 12:33 AM
Well, for a moment there I thought if SeverineSnape is the writer and can't help us figuring out the balloon puzzle then who else could?

I'm sure everything you're working on right now is going to be great!

Take care.

OnBreak
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by OnBreak on Nov 18, 13 11:34 AM
I found with the balloon puzzle, the first ballon (in the right order of colors on the pen on the right) blew it up with the directions. From then on i kept selecting the nozzles back and forward until the round button that takes the balloon off glows, then you know you have the right combination or gases

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 18, 13 12:17 PM
thank you!! is always such a clever twist!!

am colour blind so should be even more interesting!!!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 19, 13 2:31 PM
I am with OnBreak on this one.
I tried adding and subtracting to match colors on the meter....nada.
I tried counting how many times I used the gauges.

You DO have to follow the colors in the order of the stick thingy on the right, that the balloons get tied to.
You do have to keep adding and subtracting from the three bottles until the red button lights up.....how you get it to light up outside of random trial and error, I cannot figure out.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Nov 20, 13 1:17 PM
OnBreak wrote:I found with the balloon puzzle, the first ballon (in the right order of colors on the pen on the right) blew it up with the directions. From then on i kept selecting the nozzles back and forward until the round button that takes the balloon off glows, then you know you have the right combination or gases

OnBreak, thank you for spoiling my spoiler! What you're saying is correct but still doesn't explain the logic behind it I'm afraid.

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 20, 13 3:49 PM
think have figured out the WHY after the SG showed me HOW .

if you look at little drawings

- it will show you the SHAPE of the balloon needed for each colour.

- so is trial and error to find shape for each colour by adjusting amount of gas given.

the order of colours is on the pen, in descending order - ie top to bottom.

as completed, colour goes from pen until no colors remain and all of them are blown up.

SO WICKEDLY CLEVER!!!! YAY BLAM!!!

Edited on 11/20/2013 at 4:06:21 PM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 20, 13 8:28 PM
Hmmmm interesting though I'm still not sure I get it. The balloons don't change shape other than that they get bigger and smaller. I mean, the heart shaped one is always heart shaped, regardless of how much gas is inside it. To me that still doesn't explain why each balloon is the pressure it is...?

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 20, 13 8:49 PM
go to the SG and look at the drawings

- the balloons all have different shapes as well as sizes

- sizes and shapes altered by amount of as well as type of gas and gas combination used

contacted Blam! but they said answer in SG is right.

hmm.

when used this theory/formula. was successful.

hey, I tried !! did not think dev would leave us hanging without any hints!!

Edited on 11/21/2013 at 2:10:02 PM PST

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Nov 20, 13 10:12 PM
Ok, I have to admit I haven't noticed that pen thingy at the right while playing this puzzle. We're talking about some serious observation skills here!

orphaned, I bow to your majesty! I'm not quite sure I understand its logic yet but after your posts I think I'm definitely getting there!

Edited on 11/20/2013 at 10:54:58 PM PST

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Aug 31, 14 3:07 PM
I solved the balloon puzzle no problem - just looked in the SG and finished the puzzle!!! I,too, can't find rhyme or reason to this puzzle or some of the others for that matter!

feenix

Go to: