bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Grimville: The Gift of Darkness

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 18, 13 12:29 AM
Darkness has engulfed the quiet town of Grimville! Use all your cunning and wits to unravel the evil intrigues and save Grimville from the invasion of Darkness in this exciting hidden-object puzzle adventure game! Interact with characters to find more details in your investigation, uncover the old legend of the Magic Tower and the Gift of Darkness, and solve the mystery of the missing mayor. Your choices determine the ending. What will you choose: the path of justice or selfishness?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Grimville: The Gift of Darkness

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 18, 13 1:37 AM
Hello Flounder...

I will try to stay on the straight and narrow, although the other way is sometimes real tempting as well.

Super game. Got it !!

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Nov 18, 13 3:58 AM
Thanks Valdy for the thumbs. up on this one.

Marle1959
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Marle1959 on Nov 18, 13 4:18 AM
I love this game!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Nov 18, 13 5:36 AM
Sorry Valdy I have to disagree with you on this one. It had potential. Good story but there was just to much back and forth for me. A lot of clicking to accomplish 1 task. No voices and the cut scenes were there for no reason I could find. The one time I did check out the map it seemed a bit useless to. I could be wrong about that since I only looked once.

I quit with several minutes of the demo left. As always please try it for yourself As you can see here everyone feels differently.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Nov 18, 13 6:13 AM
bratzgram wrote:Sorry Valdy I have to disagree with you on this one. It had potential. Good story but there was just to much back and forth for me. A lot of clicking to accomplish 1 task. No voices and the cut scenes were there for no reason I could find. The one time I did check out the map it seemed a bit useless to. I could be wrong about that since I only looked once.

I quit with several minutes of the demo left. As always please try it for yourself As you can see here everyone feels differently.

Yes loads of back & forth etc., as you say; I got it using a punch card coupon and have to say I am enjoying it even though there is no strategy guide - having to use my brain cell or the hint button! Doubt I would have bought it otherwise.

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Nov 18, 13 6:16 AM
At first I thought wow what an old game. However, I found I was caught up in the story which rarely happens to me.
I also enjoy the use of my brain (sometimes!)

I believe I will get this game

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Nov 18, 13 6:41 AM
This game totally reminds me of City of Fools which I love. Played for 10 minutes and bought it.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Nov 18, 13 7:23 AM
I am delighted with this game. It's so difference from so many other HO games and as such, refreshing to play.

Going to use one of my PCC to get this - even after only playing the first scene at the station.

Thanks developers. Please keep up the good work.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 18, 13 8:23 AM
What a cute, fun and different game. It looks simple but is not. Will use a pcc for it.

ETA: It does kind of remind me of City of fools too.

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 8:32:50 AM PST

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Nov 19, 13 1:39 AM
Yes! Much like City of Fools, which I also loved! DL'd the ORIGINAL version (Yay!), and started playing this evening on hard. Yes, the puzzles are HARD!! Good fun! This one is definitely a good one - got it with a PCC, but it would have been worth the money or a paid credit as well!

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Nov 19, 13 7:30 AM
mhatfie wrote:What a cute, fun and different game. It looks simple but is not. Will use a pcc for it.

ETA: It does kind of remind me of City of fools too.

That was my first thought too. This is really fun - no vampires, no demons, no insane asylums (at least not yet), just a fun game.

**edited: Okay, so there is a demon, but it's hard to take it seriously.

Edited on 11/20/2013 at 3:56:03 PM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 19, 13 8:25 AM
Anyone found any spiders yet?

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Nov 19, 13 3:45 PM
tookat wrote:Anyone found any spiders yet?

There are definitely spiders but they're small, mostly too small to even appreciate as spiders.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 19, 13 9:46 PM
Thank you CottonCandy.
I appreciate knowing.

Penula
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Grimville: The Gift of Darkness - Need Help

[Post New]by Penula on Nov 25, 13 10:29 AM
Can anyone clearly explain how to get rid of the tentacles on the bridge with the magic lamp? I click on the lamp and move it over the pulsating areas, but nothing happen, with and without holding down the mouse button. How in the world do you get rid of those things?? sigh...

[Post New]by cjcoltz on Mar 15, 14 1:30 PM
re: tenticles on the bridge--you have to hit the glowing spots with the lamp in a certain order. they will flash. on the bridge it's the far left one, far right one, center lower one. watch for the flashes on the rest of them all the way back to the castle.

Edited on 03/15/2014 at 1:34:03 PM PST

Go to: