sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Use of the BS word in a game bit much Big Fish?

[Post New]by sassylassie on Nov 18, 13 3:20 AM
I know we are adults but this is a little uncalled for. I can see the word 'damn' or 'hell', but the 'BS' word? That's getting a little bit much isn't it? I guess the rules don't apply for a game.

enerald
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Use of the BS word in a game bit much Big Fish?

[Post New]by enerald on Nov 18, 13 3:32 AM
Well said, Sassy.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Nov 18, 13 3:57 AM
Thank you I guess these devs don't realize you can ruin an awesome game with the wording.

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 3:59:18 AM PST

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Nov 18, 13 5:49 AM
I was reading the dialog & went right past it - & then suddenly hit the brakes . . . Huh . . . !?!

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Nov 18, 13 6:04 AM
I wondered if it was a translation error, whoever did the dialogue may not have English as first language and maybe thought the word was OK (I suppose it could have been worse )

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Nov 18, 13 6:10 AM
I think a friend of mine says it quite well, "The use of profanity confirms a complete lack of command of the language." (A little education might go a long way with some developers.) If has no respect for anyone, they at least should remember that these games are purchased by families with kids of all ages. A simple computer game should not have to be off-limits for kids. This is not supposed to be a slimy, smutty adults-only site.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Nov 18, 13 6:18 AM
thistle809 wrote:I think a friend of mine says it quite well, "The use of profanity confirms a complete lack of command of the language." (A little education might go a long way with some developers.) If has no respect for anyone, they at least should remember that these games are purchased by families with kids of all ages. A simple computer game should not have to be off-limits for kids. This is not supposed to be a slimy, smutty adults-only site.

That's what I was thinking. If a parent was playing this game with a child who could read well. Not only that, the Big Fish's proofreaders should of caught something like that. This game does remind me of a Saturday morning cartoon where a child would be watching. I agree with your quote a 1000%, this is not suppose to be a slimy smutty site. Just hope BF catches these in the future Me personally I am not one for games with profanity in it. It takes away the games value and fun factor.

[Post New]by PuppetLife_Team on Nov 18, 13 6:26 AM
Hello fishies,

Puppet Life team is very sorry for this inconvenience with the wording. We have already fixed this bug and I believe the updated game version comes out soon.
Once again accept our apologies. We very much hope it did not ruin your game experience.

[Post New]by Lordshandmaiden on Nov 18, 13 6:30 AM
PuppetLife_Team wrote:Hello fishies,

Puppet Life team is very sorry for this inconvenience with the wording. We have already fixed this bug and I believe the updated game version comes out soon.
Once again accept our apologies. We very much hope it did not ruin your game experience.

I agree. I was put off by the language. I am not a prude, but really? Using foul language in any game is not necessary, especially when you consider that many kids play these games. I know they have heard worse in their kindergarten classes, but do we have to support bad language? I am taking a back seat on this game until I see improvement. It did ruin my game experience. I only did about 15-20 minutes of the demo before I thought I didn't want to go any further. I do hope you fix this. Thank you.

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Nov 18, 13 6:32 AM

I wasn't particularly bothered by it - just surprised, but understand others are - especially when the kiddies are around . . .

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Nov 18, 13 6:33 AM
Developer has listened and fixed this.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Nov 18, 13 6:54 AM
LaDeeDah wrote:Developer has listened and fixed this.

Exactly, and promptly as well.

BronzeLady
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by BronzeLady on Nov 18, 13 6:54 AM
Glad I kept reading this thread because after a few posts in the thread, I didn't plan to d/l the game. I also have kids playing my games. I'll take LaDeeDah's word that the game has been 'fixed'. Thx for the warning and thx for the fix.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Nov 18, 13 7:01 AM
Thank you so much Puppet Life for responding. And thank you for the apology. Totally accepted! Except for that little bump in the road I am enjoying the game. For the apology the next game you put out I will try (and buy if it's close to this one). Thank you again.

Sassy

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Nov 18, 13 7:03 AM
BronzeLady wrote:Glad I kept reading this thread because after a few posts in the thread, I didn't plan to d/l the game. I also have kids playing my games. I'll take LaDeeDah's word that the game has been 'fixed'. Thx for the warning and thx for the fix.

You are so welcome BronzeLady. Not a problem in the least. Glad I could help But I feel they shouldn't let Big Fish off the hook either as their proofreaders should of caught this too.

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 7:08:56 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 18, 13 7:14 AM

Hello devs from Puppet Life.

Love your game. It's great fun, and very entertaining.

I must admit that I didn't realise the BS word was used until I read it here. Just goes to show...

Keep up the good work. This game is not for the impatient ones who just want to fast-click their way through a game. You have to put your thinking cap on, and figure a few things out for yourself.

And I love the fact that I have to choose which way to go.

SPOILER ALERT I was OK until I got to the werewolf. Felt sorry for the poor thing and let him go. Felt rather depressed after that, finding out I did the wrong thing. END OF SPOILER ALERT

Love the game.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Nov 18, 13 7:15 AM
I too appreciate the response from Puppet Life_Team BUT how on earth did this get by the BFG team. Shame on them for letting this happen.

That being said the staff at BFG all seem very young and this rap generation may be technically saavy but they seem to not care about language and use profanity all the time. It's just a new way of life and communicating it seems.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Nov 18, 13 7:36 AM
I wish the censorship would stop. Puhleeeeeze. We all use language like that from time to time. It's reality, and I like that in a game. I'm sorry they were bullied into taking it out. I wonder if it was removed at other portals?

I think I will like this game - it looks a bit like City of Fools, which I loved. I love the art style, and it sounds like you run around and talk to people, do quests, and figure things out. Alas, there are still HOS, but... you can't have everything.

It looks a bit different, kind of an indie game. I buy a lot of those elsewhere, because, frankly, I'm getting tired of fairy tales and predictable not-quite-horror tales with cutesy, obnoxious "helpers".

BTW, I'm old. But I'm not out of touch.

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 7:38:17 AM PST

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Nov 18, 13 7:37 AM
Sorry biscuitsmama, but I don't let this "new generation" of tekkies off the hook for use of profanity. There are so many good, wholesome young people out there who know all the words, what they mean, and how to use them in a sentence, and they choose NOT to use them. It's called proper upbringing and class. No excuses for the technically savvy ones who DO choose to foul up their speech. It shows a lack of respect for those who listen.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Nov 18, 13 8:07 AM
@phatkhat. It's your prerogative to like it in a game, I don't. To me it defaces the value of the game. I am paying money for a nice clean game, not street language. If you want to hear it you can turn on the t.v.. Like everyone said, their kids play the games on BF and shouldn't be subject to it. Yes I like the game too, but not that kind of language. That's all we are saying. And my step mom is a church going woman and no she doesn't swear from what my dad told me.

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 8:27:52 AM PST

Go to: