Hello from Puppet Life team

[Post New]by PuppetLife_Team on Nov 18, 13 8:44 AM
Hi, fishies!

Puppet Life team wants to thank everyone for favorable and negative reviews on Grimville: The Gift of Darkness. Your constructive feedback helps us to learn and improve. At the same time your praises, explicit or implicit, and even neutral comments are very encouraging and stimulating.

Feel free to share your thoughts on the game with us as well. In case you need some hints or any kind of help we will do our best to provide it.

Cheers,
Puppet Life team

Edited on 11/19/2013 at 11:21:21 AM PST

lastoasis
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

Re:Hello from Puppet Life team

[Post New]by lastoasis on Nov 18, 13 9:09 AM
Thanks for listening to your customers! We really appreciate that kind of caring in a game company.

[Post New]by PuppetLife_Team on Nov 18, 13 9:23 AM
@lastoasis

Thank you for the good words.

dfringer
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by dfringer on Nov 18, 13 9:30 AM
Hi,
I love your game especially the characters and story. I have not enjoyed a game this much in a long time, but I have hit a road block. I am at the bridge with the pulsating purple ooze; When I direct the magic lamp at the ruptures nothing happens. I have tried everything but nothing changes so I cant move forward, please help. I really want to finish the game to see how it ends. I will play it again to see what happens when I make different choices.

Marle1959
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Marle1959 on Nov 18, 13 9:35 AM
The ruptures shines. You haven to reply the sequences with yr lamp.
I hope this helps.

[Post New]by PuppetLife_Team on Nov 18, 13 9:48 AM
dfringer wrote:Hi,
I love your game especially the characters and story. I have not enjoyed a game this much in a long time, but I have hit a road block. I am at the bridge with the pulsating purple ooze; When I direct the magic lamp at the ruptures nothing happens. I have tried everything but nothing changes so I cant move forward, please help. I really want to finish the game to see how it ends. I will play it again to see what happens when I make different choices.

Hi dfinger,
You should use the lamp on the ruptures in the specified sequence. This sequence is highlighted each time you enter the mini view. So you need to remember the sequence and then apply the lamp in the right order.

Hope this helps

P.S. I see Marle1959 was a bit quicker than me.

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 9:50:05 AM PST

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Nov 18, 13 9:57 AM
I am LOVING this game, especially the graphics and no voiceovers!

Thank you, Puppet Life!

Audrey

[Post New]by PuppetLife_Team on Nov 18, 13 10:14 AM
Hi Audrey,

We are happy to hear this from you. Thank you as well

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Nov 18, 13 11:48 AM
Not a bad game team. It's not my style, but looks to be fun for those wholike this style game. I just wanted to say don't worry about the BS usage. There are always people that will be offended by something. A few complaint out of the thousands of people in this site is nothing to worry about. Just my opinion.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Nov 18, 13 11:58 AM
I am a lot of these folks...different is appreciated....
Thanks for a Monday treat!

geninfo4
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by geninfo4 on Nov 18, 13 1:30 PM
Keep up the good work. your graphics remind me of gardenscapes. also city of fools, I am glad you are trying different ideas. you cannot please everyone, so try to go forward with your creative plans. its good to know that you are asking for feedback because this will help with upcoming games. thanks gen

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Nov 18, 13 2:04 PM
Hello Puppet Life!

Loved your game!! After just a few seconds of the demo, I couldn't resist purchasing.

This game reminds me of City of Fools plus The Inquisitor. I thought the story was captivating from the start, and really enjoyed watching the cut scenes for the continuation of the storyline.

This game was a breath of fresh air!

I am eagerly awaiting your next release...especially after the ending of this game!

Kudos for an outstanding game with absolutely no glitches!!

Sincerely,
Kathey

ecko
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by ecko on Nov 18, 13 3:14 PM
I have enjoyed my lazy afternoon of playing your game. Loved being able to make a choice as to the outcome of some of the characters. Looking forward to the sequel. Good job, team!

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Nov 18, 13 4:00 PM
Glad to see you care what we think and are here to listen. I am buying this game after just finishing the demo. It's different and fun. I love the story and the characters Giving us choices in the game is a fun idea. I am enjoying the dialogue of the different characters in the game. I hope as I progress it isn't too heavy on the hidden object scenes and has more of the adventure that is the part I love. Just my opinion. Look forward to more games from the Puppet Life team.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Nov 18, 13 4:30 PM
You guys did a great job on this, it's really unique and fun.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 18, 13 4:33 PM
I am now repeating what I said in the now locked thread where some peeps complaint about BS, which I was completely oblivious about until it was mentioned here.

--- --- ---

Hello devs from Puppet Life...

Love your game. It's great fun, and very entertaining. I just wish we could have been able to use the map to jump to different locations.

I must admit that I didn't realise the BS word was used until I read it here. Just goes to show...

Keep up the good work. This game is not for the impatient ones who just want to fast-click their way through a game. You have to put your thinking cap on, and figure a few things out for yourself.

And I love the fact that I have to choose which way to go.

SPOILER ALERT I was doing the right things until I got to the werewolf. Felt sorry for the poor thing and let him go. Felt rather depressed after that, finding out I did the wrong thing. LOL END OF SPOILER ALERT

Love the game.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Nov 18, 13 6:33 PM
I thought the uproar over the word was ridiculous (and it's a 'vulgarity', not a 'profanity') but I appreciate how quickly the PL team responded.

dfringer
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by dfringer on Nov 18, 13 7:07 PM
Thank you Marle1959 and Puppet life team. I feel dense that I could not figure out the puzzle, but with your help I was able to finish. The end hinted at a sequel. I Hope to see a sequel or more games of this type. It was like an old fashioned fairy tale, light on the outside and dark under the surface. I enjoyed the characters and the story was engaging and logical.

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Nov 18, 13 11:22 PM
i have got to say, puppet life team, i do *NOT* mind the slightly edgier language in this game! those who are all upset? well, i'm tired of their fairy tale games with cutesy adorable animals to dress up and name... and all that "carp"... that they rave about!

nice to have a game that's a little more "real life" and a little less "prince and princess"!

i'm just sorry to read that you changed the language to suit them. i'm TIRED of this "political correctness" world where we have to act like rainbows come out of our mouths when we speak!

i like your game, and i will buy it! just sorry i didn't get the original, true copy that you wrote... guess i was too late.

and, calling BFG a "slimy, smutty, adults-only site" for "allowing" that word to get by their censors? PLEASE! been to your kid's school lately? trust me, they already know that word and many many more... some of them much worse!

[Post New]by PuppetLife_Team on Nov 18, 13 11:30 PM
Old_Man_River wrote:Not a bad game team. It's not my style, but looks to be fun for those wholike this style game. I just wanted to say don't worry about the BS usage. There are always people that will be offended by something. A few complaint out of the thousands of people in this site is nothing to worry about. Just my opinion.

Hi Old_Man_River,

Thanks for your opinion. As to the BS word, we felt it is better to remove it since we really do not want anyone to be frustrated about it. We’ll be more attentive with this next time.

Go to: