bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

Please post any Technical Issues for Grimville: The Gift of Darkness here

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Nov 18, 13 8:50 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Please post any Technical Issues for Grimville: The Gift of Darkness here

[Post New]by rebeccapage on Nov 18, 13 9:06 AM
i have got to the mayors room and put the poster together but wont let me do anything else & the hints dont work either????

g8rgrljen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by g8rgrljen on Nov 18, 13 7:10 PM
I am having the same issue in the Mayor's house. I didn't compare the pic after solving and it won't let me click on the completed portrait to compare them. Is there a fix for this or do I have to start all the way over?

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Nov 18, 13 8:54 PM
Ditto-same issue with pic in mayor's room...

[Post New]by PuppetLife_Team on Nov 19, 13 2:46 AM
Hello fishies,

We strongly recommend you to update the game (for instructions, see the thread “Updated version available! November 18, 2013” by bfgMurrumbidgee). The new version of the game fixes the trouble in the mayor’s room.

Sincerely,
Puppet Life team

Edited on 11/19/2013 at 3:43:51 PM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 19, 13 3:44 PM
Hello All,

I just popped in to second what PuppetLife_Team said about the update, and also make the thread they mentioned in their post clickable.

Thanks!

bfgDeveron

LOLOVESHOG
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by LOLOVESHOG on Nov 21, 13 9:24 AM
PuppetLife_Team wrote:Hello fishies,

We strongly recommend you to update the game (for instructions, see the thread <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/262274.page">“Updated version available! November 18, 2013”</a> by bfgMurrumbidgee). The new version of the game fixes the trouble in the mayor’s room.

Sincerely,
Puppet Life team

I did all of this and I' m still stuck in the mayors room, no hints, beetle just lights up.

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on Nov 21, 13 8:50 PM
I didn't get as far as the mayor's room when my game froze. It froze up when the shady character in the hat asked me to keep someone busy while he stole their wallet. I uninstalled the game and downloaded and reinstalled the "fixed" game, but there was no difference. When I opened the game it took me right to the same frozen part.

ziptzapt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ziptzapt on Nov 21, 13 8:55 PM
Same here. Hint buttons ceases to work and there's no getting the crowbar to work on those nails, etc. Update didn't fix anything.

[Post New]by PuppetLife_Team on Nov 21, 13 11:06 PM
Hello fishies,

You need to start the game over once again; after that the updated build works in a proper way.
In case you still have troubles, feel free to contact Puppet Life support.

Hope this helps .

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Dec 1, 13 7:04 PM
I have had the same problem with the portrait puzzle in the mayor's house. I put the picture back together in the mayor's room but then nothing happens - I clicked a few times and it took me out of the close up (mini-view) of the puzzle. I found out, too late, from the walk through, that I was supposed to compare the photo with the portrait. do. But now I can't get back into it to do that.
Therefore I can't talk to the constable because of it..he just tells me to talk to the town folk, which I've already done. Evidently, after comparing the photo of the red haired girl to the portrait in the mayor's room, we were supposed to have a different conversation. ? !

Plus, I can't get mini-view of the bridge, the crowbar won't remove the planks from the fence at the mill, nor the nails from the roots.

The hint no longer works. It simply lights up , makes a circle around itself and that's all.

Per moderator In another thread, there's an update for this game that should resolve this issue, and remove the foul language. However, the update was available on the 18th, and I didn't buy the game until the 30th...so I already had the updated version...AND the foul language was in it. ? ?

Now I'm seeing that the game needs to be started over and the updated build will work properly. ? Really? Since I had already been in the updated version, I had my doubts about that working. I never the less uninstalled it, and re-installed it, but I didn't have to start over, it was right where I left off. Unfortunately, it did just that. Started where I left off - with the SAME PROBLEMS. ? !

I should not have to start a new profile to start the game over from the beginning, when it might do the same thing again anyway.

Edited on 12/01/2013 at 7:12:37 PM PST

Angel650
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Angel650 on Dec 13, 13 5:37 AM
I am having same problem . Bought the updated version on Nov 18th so should be fine. But I went to the mayors room and did the puzzle and now it sits. I cant remove the planks and also the nails nothing. And the hint isn't working. You guys need to do something

Angel650
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

I am having same problem . Bought the updated version on Nov 18th so should be fine. But I went to the mayors room and did the puzzle and now it sits. I cant remove the planks and also the nails nothing. And the hint isn't working. You guys need to do something

Angel650
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Angel650
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Angel650 on Dec 13, 13 5:40 AM
Having trouble with Grimville . In the mayors office and I did the puzzle and nothing. It wont let me remove the planks . Hint wont work and nails wont remove. Its just not working. I can go around but game isn't doing anything Please advise.

Go to: