Walkthrough

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

Walkthrough

[Post New]by Althena533 on Nov 19, 13 2:53 AM
Awww man! Agaiin with no walkthrough?! Lame!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

Re:Walkthrough

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 19, 13 5:02 AM
I agree Althena, I like a good Walkthrough....and I like one even if there is an SG because often they have a different approach.

But, before we end up with a long string of posts complaining about Big Fish as being responsible for this, I would like to say that none of the other game sites including the rival company that we are not supposed to mention here, none of them has had any Walkthroughs either....except for the fraudulent sites who suck you in with the promise of downloading a Walkthrough.

I don't know WHY all of a sudden we are not getting Walkthroughs, but I do wish for whatever reasons, that this trend goes away, and that once again, we can has a Walkthrough.....and one that includes the Bonus Chapters and any Bonus Games as well.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Nov 19, 13 6:08 AM
Yet another game with no walkthrough. If BFG is trying to alienate people, this is a great strategy. I still use my philosophy of: No walkthrough = No purchase. I refuse to even play the demo, if a game has no walkthrough at any of our "usual and safe sites" (including the one with the orange cube logo). A walkthrough can be helpful for a lot of reasons. Sometimes the hint system is not as clear as it should be and we just need a nudge in the right direction to get back on the right path; even if we post a problem in a forum, we may not get an answer (after the first week or so following the release of a game, not too many people are checking the forums); it may help us determine if we have a technical issue or are simply stuck; many of us like to see how far we are after we finish the demo because we cannot afford to spend the money for a game if we are nearly finished. If it is too much trouble for to provide a walkthrough, it is too much trouble for me to spend the very little money I have with them.

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Nov 19, 13 6:56 AM
I played the hour and found it to be a fun game, but, yes a big but, like thistle809 I do not like to buy the game without knowing if it is going to be worth it. I do not use walk throughs often but I do like to check as to how far I am in 1 hour and see if game is worth the money. I really enjoyed this game and would be a shame to miss out just because it is either too short or I have nearly finished it. BFG should give us an idea on how long the game is and then if there is no walk through we can at least get help in the forums.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Nov 19, 13 8:19 AM
thistle809 wrote:Yet another game with no walkthrough. If BFG is trying to alienate people, this is a great strategy. I still use my philosophy of: No walkthrough = No purchase. I refuse to even play the demo, if a game has no walkthrough at any of our "usual and safe sites" (including the one with the orange cube logo). A walkthrough can be helpful for a lot of reasons. Sometimes the hint system is not as clear as it should be and we just need a nudge in the right direction to get back on the right path; even if we post a problem in a forum, we may not get an answer (after the first week or so following the release of a game, not too many people are checking the forums); it may help us determine if we have a technical issue or are simply stuck; many of us like to see how far we are after we finish the demo because we cannot afford to spend the money for a game if we are nearly finished. If it is too much trouble for to provide a walkthrough, it is too much trouble for me to spend the very little money I have with them.

[Post New]by jimmiepr38 on Nov 19, 13 10:31 AM
I am glad i'm not the only one who likes a walkthrough, I will not purchase a game
unless it does not have a walkthrough. This seems to be a fun game to play. but, no walkthrough,no purchase.

[Post New]by mags240 on Nov 19, 13 2:54 PM
I also like the walkthrough so that I can check to see how long the game is and have not completed too much in the demo game. No walkthrough no purchase

[Post New]by hicksville on Nov 19, 13 11:51 PM
Boo Hiss! Forgot to ck for WT before purchase. Now I'm stuck and hints just send me back and forth between two sites. This happened before but I figured out what to do. Now no go. I didn't use any hints in the demo but something happened after I purchased the game!!! Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow when the brain is fresher.

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 20, 13 12:13 AM
dear Hicksville:

tell us how we can help and maybe will still be ok without walkthrough!!!

okay?

[Post New]by emills34119 on Nov 20, 13 7:00 AM
I'm stuck on the game and thought there would be a walkthrough soon. Need help.

I'm stuck in the forest where there are things having from the tree.

You have to have a lot of patience. I finished the game.

Edited on 11/21/2013 at 7:19:48 AM PST

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on Nov 20, 13 7:15 AM
Wow. Guess I won't even try this one. A 4-star game that looks interesting, but with no walkthrough and two full pages already of posts from those needing help, it's not a good sign. Note to self: stick to your guns about No Walkthrough, No Purchase.

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 20, 13 7:52 AM
dear unknitter:

a shame you did not even try as this is a really great little gem of a game.

a great mixture of match 3 and hidden object but, a little loud at moment.

[Post New]by Jumpster on Nov 20, 13 12:41 PM
emills34119 wrote:I'm stuck on the game and thought there would be a walkthrough soon. Need help.

I'm stuck in the forest where there are things having from the tree.

I'm stuck in the same place

[Post New]by Jumpster on Nov 20, 13 12:56 PM
Got away from that - there is a sack to the right of the gazebo - use scissors on it to open a HOS to get the sixth spark - take sparks to the queen and another portal will open. Hope that helps

choile2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by choile2 on Nov 20, 13 5:37 PM
I really liked this game, so I purchased. Geez, Louise. I'm sorry I didn't wait.
I got stuck once when I was supposed to give the elf queen the crystal. but the elf queen had disappeared. I had to restart the game. I played past that point this time, but when trying to give the dwarf (i think) the orb, he disappeared. I am more than an hour and a half into this game and it is getting pretty old getting stuck.

churly72
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by churly72 on Nov 21, 13 8:10 AM
orphaned wrote:dear Hicksville:

tell us how we can help and maybe will still be ok without walkthrough!!!

okay?

then can you tell me what to do with that chest key? where to go? plzzzzz

Re: stuck at house and barrier

[Post New]by peachesmom50 on Nov 22, 13 8:14 AM
like so many others, i'm stuck not being able to grind ingredients for the barrier spell. the same thing is happening to me with the hint button only sending me back and forth. soooo annoying!!!! I have uninstalled and installed several times. this game is the glitchiest yet. i had another problem at the beginning.. when I exited the game and it didn't save my progress, but I gave it another go. It was a waste of time and i'm done with this one!.. ugh!!!

[Post New]by moakley on Nov 23, 13 6:07 AM
Stuck with the mortal and pastel and can't figure out how to make the spell. I won't quit! It's personal now. I will finish this game and delete this SOB.

[Post New]by Meirabella on Nov 23, 13 10:22 PM
Re: "The Far Horizons"
If Anyone can break the impasse with the Motor/Pestle and crushing the heart and rainbow flower to break the the border spell ..... Pleeeeeeze let us all know. I echo all of your complaints about this game and No Walkthrus. But I have another question ... If we , buy in good faith, a game that absolutely cannot be solved, what are we to do? Has anyone gotten their money back?
Thanks a bunch.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Nov 24, 13 8:33 AM
Meirabella wrote:Re: "The Far Horizons"
If Anyone can break the impasse with the Motor/Pestle and crushing the heart and rainbow flower to break the the border spell ..... Pleeeeeeze let us all know. I echo all of your complaints about this game and No Walkthrus. But I have another question ... If we , buy in good faith, a game that absolutely cannot be solved, what are we to do? Has anyone gotten their money back?
Thanks a bunch.

Welcome Meirabella! I haven't played the game yet so I am sorry that I can't help with the game question.

However, unless there is an actual technical game glitch, there is no such thing as a puzzle/game that cannot be solved. My game mantra I say to myself when I get stuck? "The answer is there. It's always there. You just aren't seeing it yet." Then many times I will walk away from the screen for 5-10 minutes and do real life things. When I come back I almost immediately find what I am looking for or come up with a new idea to try.

With the in-game hint system, skip options for puzzles, and forum help threads here, I think you can find the help you need. I have never heard of refunds for that reason, but BF customer service is fantastic so I suppose you never know.

Also -- when you have a specific in-game help question, you should start your own thread for that question. People playing or who have recently played the game will be able to find it easier in order to help you. It easy for in-game questions to get lost or overlooked when they are in threads with titles not asking for help. Not on purpose. It just happens sometimes.

Good luck and happy gaming.

Go to: