Reviews [For Save The Prince!]

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Nov 20, 13 1:53 AM
You’ve Got A Crush On The Prince!

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
There is nothing outstanding or unique to make this game special. It is a classic time/resource management game. The graphics are nicely done, with a very light hand, which does look nice, and very bright. There’s nothing noteworthy in the soundtrack either. But the game plays smoothly and is quite fun.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
I do think there is too much story/narrator voiceover in the early stages of the game. The narrator speaks in very ironic tones, indicating that the story is not to be taken too seriously. Which just as well, because our character is a silly little chit who has a crush on the prince, who practically doesn’t know she’s alive. Still, love is so often the spur that leads to acts of bravery and honour!

A nasty prince (not your one) has decided he wants to marry you after catching a glimpse of you from afar, thinking you are a princess. When he finds out that you are just a servant girl, he starts waving his magic wand and cursing everyone. Now it is up to you to rescue your love. It’s kinda different, and I like that.

The problem I’m having is trying to figure out how you, a servant girl, can order the men in your kingdom to do anything. Suddenly we can muster armies? The story and the gameplay don’t seem to be connected in any way.

MAKING PROGRESS
Anyway, the helpful guys of the kingdom go about doing what all building games are about. Follow a set of goals for each level, within a certain time. Mine, farm, saw, use magic, in every way you can to get it done on time.

Or opt for the relaxed mode and take as long as you like. You will still get graded on performance with stars and achievements. The days and nights continue to progress too, which is an important part of the early levels. Another important feature is the ability to queue jobs up, giving yourself a chance to work faster.

THE BOTTOM LINE
I am a long way short of expert with this sort of game, but I have played enough now to see that this game, while alright, is not in the same league as a Northern Tales or Royal Envoy.

I think it will appeal to those who love this genre and are always looking for another game to add to their collection. It’s pretty easy from what I saw, so maybe beginners might like it too.

Edited on 11/20/2013 at 8:14:11 AM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Reviews

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 20, 13 8:10 AM
Thanks JustTheFacts! I'm just here to sticky the thread and post the review thread guidelines!

What do you think of Save The Prince? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Save The Prince page HERE.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game HERE

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgDeveron

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Reviews

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 20, 13 8:11 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Reviews [For Save The Prince!]

[Post New]by Janette5 on Nov 20, 13 8:40 AM
I fully agree with JustTheFact's review. Just my two cents worth:

What everyone wants:
You can click ahead if you have the resources.
You have timed or relaxed.

What's new in this one:
There is a day / night option - you can see it by the different colours on the count-down bar. Certain tasks can only be completed at night so if you didn't do them at night you have to wait until the next night to complete them or restart the level. This requires some planning and I was very impressed with this "new" feature.

What isn't new in this one:
You have to run and collect all the resources from the workshops and in many cases the game is prolonged just because you need many resources.

You might not like:
There is a little thief that will steal your limited resources and you need to click on him but he runs fast.

I recommend you switch off the customer cursor and be aware that you need to click a spot exactly on the object to trigger an action. If not, you'll end up with the dwarves not reacting to you. I did quite often have to click twice because the first click didn't register.

VickiS531
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by VickiS531 on Nov 20, 13 2:46 PM
Here's my review:

Unfortunately, there is nothing special about this game. Unlike other TM games, this game caused me to do a couple of things I normally don't do, e.g., I turned off the game's custom cursor and I turned off the sound. Also, there was too much dialogue before the start of each level and at the opening of the game, so I was clicking skip all a lot. Other than the fact the protagonist is a female, there's nothing noteworthy here.

I would suggest buying this game only if you want a new TM game and you've replayed all your favorites recently AND if you have a free game credit that's about to expire.

I would give this game a 2.5 out of 5.

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Nov 21, 13 3:55 AM
This game is similar to My Kingdom for a Princess and I've played almost all games similar to Kingdom since the 1st one came out. This game is an absolute clickfest and the most annoying TM game possible. I'm now at level 38 and every single level is infested with nonstop goblins and witches. Like what was the developer thinking? It is not fun only frustration.

I'm playing because I didn't have anything to play and started already. I cannot recommend this game at all. Some levels you can't build guardtower so it is click click click every time a goblin comes. Even those levels with towers, the range is small unless you upgrade.

Edited on 11/21/2013 at 3:56:23 AM PST

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Nov 23, 13 6:54 PM
I was enjoying this game - and thinking, finally something sort of like the Island Tribes.

But then here comes a goblin and a poison ivy witch. And I am finished.

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Nov 26, 13 1:27 AM
From what I am reading and the hour I played it seems the developers need to rethink the game play, especially the annoying little imps that keep popping up. It seems a fun game and could give hours of fun playing it, but with all these bugs it makes it more annoying than pleasure. Hopefully the techs will pass on these threads and then we might get a patch, until then I will have to pass buying which is a shame.

adinah
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by adinah on Nov 26, 13 11:16 AM
I really like this type of game as a change from HOGs, but this one does get very difficult very fast. I do not like that you have to click several times on an item to get it.It makes it very hard to get gold if you can not link several actions reliably.
I like the built -in stategy guide a lot. The day/night cycle is fun also. Having to furiously click on the goblins and having them keep on going IS NOT FUN.It is more than a little annoying.

I will be more careful and wait for more reviews before buying more games from this developer.

[Post New]by mg12285 on Nov 30, 13 11:23 AM
Fun ideas. Sure. But the goblins?! And witches?! UGH. No. Too frustrating. You can't get everything done while chasing these little jerks down, and half the time I end up clicking on something I DIDN'T want to do because I'm following a little green guy around.

I've read in the forums that you can right click on things to uncheck them, but that just doesn't seem to work for me.

Also, the gnomes get stuck in random places and you have to restart or work without them.

I only bought this game as the Black Friday deal, thought " Ok, I'll just get it and NOT do the demo. " .... That was stupid. I won't ever do that again. Luckily I have another one to fall back on as I'm quitting this very annoying, disappointing game.

Would be a great game IF :

There were a better way to get rid of the goblins/witches.
The developers paid a bit more attention to being able to un-do things, and make sure characters don't get stuck and stand there waving at you.
The dialog is a bit annoying, and clearly very bad English.

I love these types of games, I wish there were more like it, but I'm deeming this one too frustrating, and not in the " ARGH I can't beat this level " way.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Nov 30, 13 6:37 PM
I'm going against the flow here and say that I'm really enjoying this game. The goblins can get irritating but sometimes I just ignore them and let them get some of the goodies rather than stressing about whacking them. That said, I play on relaxed so I can afford the time to do that.

One thing I wish to say to the developers. Thank you a zillion times over for letting us repeat the game again without having to click on each individual level. It adds SO much to the enjoyment level while allowing others to also click on the level they wish to play. That is an issue that I wish all the devs would utilize and one that ups the replay value for me a LOT! So thank you!

This has become my new go-to game and if the clicking area was a little wider I would give it 5 . I'm still going to give it 4 because of it being a really nice game with some unique twists and great replay value.

[Post New]by RozanneLamar on Dec 1, 13 10:47 AM
A really cute game! It is not hard at all my grandchildren could play this without the constant scary stuff. It is nice for a nice afternoon......Unlike some others here I liked the dialogue. It really helped full develop the characters.
Good Game
Rozanne

[Post New]by RozanneLamar on Dec 1, 13 10:47 AM
A really cute game! It is not hard at all my grandchildren could play this without the constant scary stuff. It is nice for a nice afternoon......Unlike some others here I liked the dialogue. It really helped full develop the characters.
Good Game
Rozanne

[Post New]by XmasXarol on Dec 9, 13 6:03 PM
This game is unplayable because of the glitches, but even without them the design is awful.It is just frutrating, not fun at all. I have written Big Fish THREE times this week about wanting my money back ( I paid the full $9.99), but have heard NOTHING back. I went through the whole uninstall/reinstall rigamarole, and it still glitches like crazy. In some instances, the gnomes stick to the trees immediately, endless restarts don't help, either. I'm done with Big fish, Playrix offers glitch-free games with superior graphics. I will never buy another Big Fish game.

bea1106
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bea1106 on Sep 5, 14 1:26 PM
Thanks a lot for this review.
According to this I would say: this game is ridiculous
I will quit the free trial and will not buy it!
VickiS531 wrote:Here's my review:

Unfortunately, there is nothing special about this game. Unlike other TM games, this game caused me to do a couple of things I normally don't do, e.g., I turned off the game's custom cursor and I turned off the sound. Also, there was too much dialogue before the start of each level and at the opening of the game, so I was clicking skip all a lot. Other than the fact the protagonist is a female, there's nothing noteworthy here.

I would suggest buying this game only if you want a new TM game and you've replayed all your favorites recently AND if you have a free game credit that's about to expire.

I would give this game a 2.5 out of 5.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Nov 19, 14 12:37 PM
This popped up as the Daily Deal yesterday. Since there was an update to resolve the many tech issues that were previously causing such problems, decided to go ahead and demo.

It played glitch-free. Also, most importantly for me, it has a Relaxed mode. Thanks to that, I can still enjoy the strategy that games like this require, but not stress over the do-or-die timers that true TM fans love. LOL, I would love them too, if only I was still fast enough with the mouse.

Anyway, I ended up getting it for the DD price and I'm enjoying the game. The dialogue has made me laugh, especially the scenes setting up the story. The chat in between levels often gives hints on how to approach obstacles in the coming level, so I figured I should resist the urge to skip those, at least while I'm still getting the hang of the game.

I agree those goblins are annoying little suckers! But they're also kinda clutzy and cute. I do love a strategy game with personality and this one is making me smile.

Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by 1319 on Dec 10, 14 4:07 PM
Graphics were absolutely gorgeous. The little imps were tedious at first, but after all, it is a game of strategy. I just needed to work to build the towers as fast as possible to keep them out of my game. Great game! Thank you so much!

Go to: