bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Post Your Save The Prince Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 20, 13 7:51 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

glenard
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Having same glitches as other players

[Post New]by glenard on Nov 20, 13 10:44 AM
I noticed there were several comments on one of the other threads about technical issues. I am having the same problem as others, ie dwarfs being stuck in food bushes and so forth. It seems like there are several glitches.

I would like to buy this game, but the way it is now, I will not be purchasing until the glitches are fixed.

Pennalope
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post Your Save The Prince Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Pennalope on Nov 20, 13 5:38 PM
I just now checked in to see if anyone else was having this problem. Thank you for posting so I know it in not my P C

trillian
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by trillian on Nov 20, 13 6:22 PM
Level 7. After the clearing the cave so the troll would be out of the way, the worker that was trapped behind the troll was never released. He just kept standing there waving his arms on the open path, with other workers running back and forth past him.

I also found that the frequently did not accept my clicks until I'd clicked two or three times. VERY frustrating when you queue up a bunch of actions only to discover that the really important one at the beginning never really got clicked on.

ramiejoann
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by ramiejoann on Nov 20, 13 7:41 PM
I am having the same problem as trillian. sometimes you have to click several times before it actually takes hold! very frustrating, will not purchase until this is resolved.

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

Re:Levels 28 & 29

[Post New]by Leemo on Nov 20, 13 8:48 PM
Level 29 wants you to build 3 level 2 towers and 3 bridges but there is not enough wood for more than one of each. No woodcutter is included in the level?? I can't proceed any further until this is fixed.

Level 28 wouldn't close down when I was finished it so had to Ctrl Alt Delete, Reloaded and this time a dwarf was stuck building a goblin fire tower, he just kept building after upgrade 2 was supposed to be done. At least the level ended properly this time.

Trying to catch the goblins with a mouse click is a nightmare. 95% of the time a click or 30 doesn't register on the little thief!

amminnc
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by amminnc on Nov 20, 13 10:10 PM
Level 9 has similar problems. First one worker gets stuck in the "food tree" and then the second one gets stuck a minute later. There's no way to set them free, so I had to start over and avoid going near that tree. This is very annoying and I'm sorry I bought this game, even at the sale price!

mbiskit1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mbiskit1 on Nov 21, 13 1:30 PM
Level 31 will not go to night for mana so I can't build foundry for gold. The goblins will not respond to clicking . The powerups are not adequate for me to continue with this level. The help section did not change a thing. either HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 11/21/2013 at 1:31:24 PM PST

[Post New]by Djebber on Nov 22, 13 5:12 AM
My problem is that when I want to start the game, I only got the message 'video mode not supported'. I hear the game, but I can't see it. This isn't the first time I downloaded a game from BF, and can't play it because of the video mode.

What can I do so I can play these games?

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Nov 22, 13 8:07 AM
I'm having the same problem as others - dwarfs running round on the same spot, not going off to do the tasks I've clicked for them to do. This isn't what I call freezing, so the tech support advice on what to do when a game freezes doesn't apply, IMO. This is a glitch, aka a bug.

I really wanted to like this game and I'd love to buy it. However, while there are bugs like this, it's a no-buy for me.

bettums
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by bettums on Nov 22, 13 10:31 AM
Please, please,please fix this game. It freezes constantly. I bought it and like it but I am getting very frustrate. Please get the developers to fix this fun game.

rikazarai
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by rikazarai on Nov 23, 13 6:21 AM
Hello! From the 3rd level on, dwarfs got stuck in the food bushes or trees. Any trick to avoid this? I can play on but with 1 dwarf available... Thanks for your help!

nascatpat
Clownfish
Clownfish
749 Posts

[Post New]by nascatpat on Nov 23, 13 7:35 AM
amminnc wrote:Level 9 has similar problems. First one worker gets stuck in the "food tree" and then the second one gets stuck a minute later. There's no way to set them free, so I had to start over and avoid going near that tree. This is very annoying and I'm sorry I bought this game, even at the sale price!

Ditto!

hezzak
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by hezzak on Nov 23, 13 6:37 PM
Ditto, ditto, ditto! This game is driving me crazy

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 23, 13 8:36 PM
Hello All,

If your game has been freezing, I'd recommend checking for updates to ensure the computer is communicating smoothly with your game. For assistance doing that, just click on the blue text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game doesn't seem to be working properly (for example, your dwarves have stopped working), I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to ensure that all of the files have downloaded correctly. For help doing that, just click on the blue text below:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

If you're still having trouble with your games, please contact our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can offer more specific instructions. They will also be able to collect this data to escalate to the developer if necessary.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

ramiejoann
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by ramiejoann on Nov 23, 13 9:38 PM
this game is the worst when it comes to tech issues! the clicking problem needs to be fixed by the developers, if not, this will give them a bad rep in my book. the game is impossible to play because of this.

Having same glitches as other players

[Post New]by ImBrookesMom on Nov 24, 13 7:38 AM
glenard wrote:I noticed there were several comments on one of the other threads about technical issues. I am having the same problem as others, ie dwarfs being stuck in food bushes and so forth. It seems like there are several glitches.

I would like to buy this game, but the way it is now, I will not be purchasing until the glitches are fixed.

I am having the same issue. But they are not even stuck in the bushes, they just stop walking, they sit there doing nothing. I wait 2 -3 weeks for games of this type to come out (because you all tend to focus on the hidden object games and not these). So when they come out I do want to buy them, especially when I have a free code that expires in a short amount of time. I cannot get them to move, they just stop walking. They wave at me the whole time, wasting my time on the meter, doing nothing. It is frustrating.

[Post New]by ImBrookesMom on Nov 25, 13 4:27 AM
This game is so frustrating. It is exactly the type of game I love to play. You guys spend day after day releasing hidden object games, every 8-10 games or so you release something different. So when a game like this comes out, I usually buy it. However, I will not buy this game. The guy just stops moving after it picks up something and I end up having to restart the level. Extremely frustrating. I am surprised your testers didn't point that issue out, I completed 1 level, just one, the second one had issues before I could get 1/2 way done, by the 3rd level, I gave up. I will not be getting this game.

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Nov 26, 13 1:14 AM
I loved this game, but as some of you say the clicking is a bit slow. I haven't had any trapped gnomes in the trial, but I have just changed to Win 7 pro 64 with a new widescreen monitor and I have the pages too far to the right. I tried auto and adjusted the size but I am still missing part of the right side of the game pages. Wondered if anyone else had this problem as tech support told me a few things but all is well with the computer as far as other games. Wouls love to hear rom anyone with a widescreen monitor on Win 7 if this is a programmer problem or something I need to talk to my computer guy about. Thanks.

bettums
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by bettums on Nov 26, 13 3:44 AM
I love BFG but you guys use the same canned answer for very tech problem. If this many people are having the same problem then you must realize it isn't all of our computers but a problem with the game. Please look into this. I really would like to finish the game.

Go to: