Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

so excited!!

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 21, 13 1:05 AM
will be a definite buy for me!!!

ERS always captures my imagination!!

ETA:

as a kid read some really wild SciFi - these stories remind me of some of the tamer ones that scared me to death way way back then!!

how can I not enjoy them!!

and wasn't there a very strange looking creature in one of the Spiderman movies!!!!

Edited on 11/22/2013 at 10:48:41 PM PST

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:so excited!!

[Post New]by rainworm on Nov 21, 13 1:23 AM
YES! Great, that there is another Haunted Halls - and the demo promises similar thrills as in the other games of this series.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

so excited!!

[Post New]by sassylassie on Nov 21, 13 1:25 AM
orphaned wrote:will be a definite buy for me!!!

ERS always captures my imagination!!

rainworm wrote:YES! Great, that there is another Haunted Halls - and the demo promises similar thrills as in the other games of this series.

Couldn't agree more. I bought it straight out without demoing.

Edited on 11/21/2013 at 1:29:05 AM PST

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Nov 21, 13 1:32 AM
Count me in too!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 21, 13 1:40 AM
This is a great game! Very funny too. Love it!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Nov 21, 13 2:12 AM
Well, if you don't mind another addition to the list... count me in as well!

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on Nov 21, 13 3:12 AM
I do not know why I demo the game, because I know I am buying it

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Nov 21, 13 3:46 AM
I love it, love it. Bought right away.

Thanks BFG and ERS, you have done it again as always.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Nov 21, 13 3:49 AM
Orphaned I saw you put ditto after my review. Was that ditto on the doughnuts or being a great game or both lol Cause those doughnuts looked good!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 21, 13 4:15 AM
Yes, ERS has certainly done it again. And again. And over and over. And one more time. And just once more.

Sorry, but for some, it's just dry as dust, redundant, simplistic, and utterly boring.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Nov 21, 13 4:29 AM
cbtx wrote:Yes, ERS has certainly done it again. And again. And over and over. And one more time. And just once more.

Sorry, but for some, it's just dry as dust, redundant, simplistic, and utterly boring.

No-one is making you buy or play the game - are they?

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Nov 21, 13 4:55 AM
cbtx wrote:Yes, ERS has certainly done it again. And again. And over and over. And one more time. And just once more.

It looks like the only reason you are showing up in the forums is to bash ERS and their games. Aren't you tired of repeating the same things each and every time? It almost looks like you're having personal issues with them.

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Nov 21, 13 4:57 AM

Agree, they make beautiful games but....., well we have been here a few times already.
To tell you the truth I just could not finish the last game they had in this series, tried this one hoping for a new twist but did not find it.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 21, 13 5:13 AM
tammytheo wrote:

It looks like the only reason you are showing up in the forums is to bash ERS and their games. Aren't you tired of repeating the same things each and every time? It almost looks like you're having personal issues with them.

Absolutely no bashing intended at all ---- it's just my opinion. Just as you have yours. I'm glad you like the game. Enjoy! (I did not.)

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 21, 13 5:19 AM
Isn't it a shame that as soon as one person disagrees with the majority, they get jumped on. Everyone is entitled to try the demo and regardless of who the developer is, the game deserves a chance and then an honest opinion. And if someone's honest opinion is that the game is just a repetition of previous releases, they're entitled to say so. After all, it's just their opinion.

As it happens I agree with cbtx, so I suppose I'll be classed as an ERS-basher too. That's life; I won't lose any sleep over it

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 21, 13 5:24 AM
Lilabelle wrote:

Agree, they make beautiful games but....., well we have been here a few times already.
To tell you the truth I just could not finish the last game they had in this series, tried this one hoping for a new twist but did not find it.

Agree and agree. I usually try to write fair and balanced reviews but I just can't do it anymore. This thread is mostly full of happy people, thrilled with ERS; the reviews thread just the opposite. So together, I guess that covers the state of things for ERS games.

If you are new to playing these games go ahead and demo this one; you probably won't be bored. You will marvel at the things ERS can do very well. Better yet, play the first game in this series -- Green Hills Sanitarium, and see ERS when their games were challenging and excellent without all the fluff.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Nov 21, 13 5:33 AM
Thanks, shorenuf, that's exactly where my disappointment with ERS comes from ---- I remember what they used to offer, and I know they are capable of really great games ---- but they just seem to have gone totally off the rails with all the fluff.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Nov 21, 13 5:39 AM
maybe what guys say is true - this series was certainly more sombre and serious in the earlier two games.

But don't blame ERS, it was us in the forums that screamed for cute, for stuff that could be collected and more CE bling! and most of us have been voting with our wallets for just this sort of game.

Now I guess developers will have to start figuring out what we want to obsess about next.

What will be the new fashion next year do you think?

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Nov 21, 13 5:45 AM
I have always loved ERS games and I don't listen to the bashers because I always demo any game that's new. I can't see how ERS could be boring but each to their own I say. Happy gaming fishies,

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Nov 21, 13 5:53 AM
Having now had a chance to try the game I am so glad I did not purchase before trying! Trying twice to sort out runes with those glasses is no good for my eyes. Also got fed up with having to click things out of the way whilst I was trying to get on with the game. I absolutely loved the first one of this series but have to agree with some here, there are too many distractions; my excitement has turned to disappointment. No buy for me either.

Go to: