ffachet
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Bugs and glitches - Update Available?

[Post New]by ffachet on Mar 12, 09 10:25 AM
Just started this game and it has many problems on my system (Windows Vista SP1.) On the first puzzle (spot the differences) I got a memory access error and Windows had to kill the process. I restarted the game and got past puzzle 1 but on the next puzzle, you cannot place the pieces on the statue and rotate them. They immediately snap back to the bottom. This seems to eb a very buggy game or one that does not run well under Vista. Any updates planned?

ffachet
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Bugs and glitches - Update Available?

[Post New]by ffachet on Mar 13, 09 3:39 PM
Finally figured out how to get around the jigsaw issue. Apparently you have to hold down the left mouse button and simultaneously click the right mouse button in order to move and rotate the pieces. If you release the left button at any time before you correctly place the piece, it immediately snaps back to the bin. This is the first time I have encountered such a dual button requirement and it is really awkward. You should be able to drop the piece on the puzzle and then rotate it as a separate action.

Edited on 03/13/2009 at 3:54:53 PM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 16, 10 2:52 AM
Just a hint: space bar can be used instead of the right mouse click.

elledebbie
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by elledebbie on May 16, 10 8:39 AM
OK I am using Windows 7, but most of the games I Have tried at least start! I can't get this to open. Too bad. The history channel should have some interesting and reasonably accurate facts..

texasloony
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by texasloony on May 16, 10 9:53 AM
i too am running win 7 and cant get it to open
any ideas??

fudgem
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by fudgem on May 16, 10 10:23 AM
that's interesting about the right click, I have never encountered this way of doing things before
I just uninstalled the game when I got this, should have checked out the forum first, but to be honest, encountering problems so early in the game does not encourage one to stick with it, I can get stress anywhere

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on May 16, 10 10:55 AM
Also using Windows 7 and won't open for me either.

[Post New]by doplun on May 16, 10 11:08 AM
elledebbie wrote:OK I am using Windows 7, but most of the games I Have tried at least start! I can't get this to open. Too bad. The history channel should have some interesting and reasonably accurate facts..

Ratatouille
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Ratatouille on May 16, 10 11:15 AM
Same for me, not working on Windows 7. I click Play Now and nothing happens. Too bad.

silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

[Post New]by silkywings on May 16, 10 11:40 AM
I tried to open it on my Windows 7 and it said "Play Again" and when I clicked again on play it said another game was already running. If you get this fixed can you still sell it to me for the $2.99 Daily Deal price?

The game looked like a lot of fun and facts but after more than a year and there is NO WALKTHROUGH, I am doubtful if I will ever be able to play the game.

rosebud477
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by rosebud477 on May 16, 10 11:52 AM
I too has window 7 and can not get game to open I guess if you has W7 can't play game.

GG4151
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by GG4151 on May 16, 10 12:21 PM
Well, that was SCARY! Downloaded the DD and it seemed to be working OK. Phone rang, and I wanted to stop the demo so that I wouldn't waste the time I had left. When I tried, my screen first went blank and then I got a message (whole screen) that said my computer needed to be shut down as a major threat had been detected and could harm my computer!!! Hit the button on my computer and shut it down with other programs still running. NOT GOOD!

It came back up OK, but the first thing I did was delete this game!!! I have always had good luck with BF games, and when something went awry, they always lent prompt assistance. Don't think I even WANT assistance with this one. Maybe they should reissue it when they have the bugs worked out.

Oh well. There are plenty of other good games. Think I will go investigate those instead!!!

G

Jan69
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Jan69 on May 16, 10 12:26 PM
Me too - Windows 7, won't open, dalily deal price when fixed?

[Post New]by Perlemoen on May 16, 10 12:30 PM
Have Window XP, PC download, game do not start, showing Hz ? while music is playing. This is a waste of money and time. Do one get a refund or something????

Edited on 05/16/2010 at 12:34:11 PM PST

[Post New]by chrissiedo on May 16, 10 1:08 PM
i to have windows 7 i cant get it to open never known this to happen before any one here know what to to do

[Post New]by chrissiedo on May 16, 10 1:09 PM
yes refund cus it seems there alot off us with same problem so its got to be the game

Coronanana
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Coronanana on May 16, 10 1:33 PM
I couldn't get this to work on Windows 7 so I downloaded it to my laptop which runs Vista sp2 and it worked. So I set the compatibility to Vista sp2 on my windows 7 desktop and it ran. You have to find the exe file that runs the program to do this and right click on it and choosing properties and then compatibility, dropdown to vista sp2. Perhaps someone better at directions can post directions. I just wanted to let everyone know it is possible to run it on Windows 7 with a little tweeking.

Coronanana
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Coronanana on May 16, 10 6:42 PM
Sadly, even though I got it to work on Windows 7 when I came back to it it did not save the game. I'm with the others who said get it fixed and offer the special price and I'll buy.
Too bad it looks like an interesting game.

Breezeie66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Breezeie66 on May 16, 10 7:19 PM
Wish I had read all this earlier. Just downloaded w/o playing trial and game will not open tells me "out of range". Have had this problem with other games but always caught before buying. Have tried multiple ways to get them to play and it just is not worth it. Sad.... Looked interesting. must remember....always try it first.....lol.

[Post New]by teoplanner on May 16, 10 7:31 PM
I am also running Windows 7 - game will not start for me either. Even though it was the daily deal, can I get my money back or can someone fix the game so it runs under Windows 7?

Go to: