bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Nevertales: The Beauty Within

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 22, 13 12:29 AM
Just when you were finally done with work for the day, a stranger comes knocking loudly at your door. When you answer there's no one... no one except a helpless baby abandoned on your doorstep. You follow after the stranger, hoping to find some answers but are drawn into a mystery that beckons you into a castle-like mansion. Who does the baby belong to? Why were you chosen? The answers will surprise you in Nevertales: The Beauty Within, a page-turning Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Nevertales: The Beauty Within

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 22, 13 1:00 AM
Hi Flounder...

I bought the CE in last weekend's super sale, and am still looking forward to playing it. The reason I wanted the CE was because of those extra to look for in the game.

Agnes_2810
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Agnes_2810 on Nov 22, 13 1:47 AM
Hi Valdy! Your ears OK? I think, this game will be a really spa-wellness-time for them!

I finished the CE, and the bonus chapter is also a gem. So enjoy! And have a nice day!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 22, 13 3:50 AM
Hello Agnes... Yes, my ears are much better now, thank you very much.

And I am really glad that you liked the bonus game as well. So I have twice as much to look forward to.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Nov 22, 13 9:48 AM
Several players have evaluated the Collector's Edition of this game as the game of the year and although I don't exactly share this aspect, I have to say, having bought and played the CE certainly, I found it pretty impressive indeed.

The truth is that, admittedly, quite a large proportion of this game's successfulness is based on its extra features. So, for those who might be interested and while deciding which edition to choose, have in mind that you probably would enjoy the CE of this game much better since usually SE's do not include the extra features and if the desired is to have those in your game of course. For those who are not so fond of the CE bling, I think the SE will do just fine.

In the reviews thread, I believe JustTheFacts provides some useful info you might like to take into consideration. Thank you for yet another great review by the way JTF and for dignify the forums with your presence.

Whichever your decision, I wish to all of you happy gaming and an even happier weekend!

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 22, 13 10:16 AM
BTW, what does it mean Bling???

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I couldn't find it in any dictionnary !

Thanks in advance, and happy weekend,
M.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Nov 22, 13 10:30 AM
minesita wrote:BTW, what does it mean Bling???

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I couldn't find it in any dictionnary !

Thanks in advance, and happy weekend,
M.

Hi minesita,

I have absolutely no idea! I'm just kidding. I have seen other players, apparently native English speakers, using this word to describe the CE bonus content. In my translator it appears as "earring" so I assume it means something like trimmings or trappings or finery or something. I'm not a native English speaker so if it is incorrect, I'll be more than happy to fix it.

Edited on 11/22/2013 at 3:45:31 PM PST

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 22, 13 11:12 AM
Bling is flashy jewelry, something that really stands out and grabs your eye. It started as a rapper term.... I'm flashin' my bling down at de club

I had intended to only get SEs from now on, but with so many people raving about the bling I guess I'll have to wait for a sale and get the CE version. Rules are made to be broken, right? And Xmas is coming....

Edited on 11/22/2013 at 11:14:46 AM PST

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 22, 13 11:14 AM
Thank you Tammy ,

To me is kind of in awe, outstanding, and I didn't know this expression is related to the CEs.

You explained just in the spot, that this game is better with the Extras.

And JTF , said perfectly what this game is about! And I agree completely with her, this game is a masterpiece (IMO).

Have a nice weekend ,
M.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 22, 13 11:17 AM
shagwendy wrote:Bling is flashy jewelry, something that really stands out and grabs your eye. It started as a rapper term.... I'm flashin' my bling down at de club

Thank you Shagwendy , the problem don't be a native English speaking !!!

Agnes_2810
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Agnes_2810 on Nov 22, 13 11:34 AM
Hi Minesita! Best wishes from another "non-native"!

It's my problem also, what if I make a lot of mistakes??? - But i think, when we write in the end of our reviews "from a non-native", then it would be no problem, if we don't BLINK correct. I think, your opinions is more important also in the reviews, than the few mistakes you maybe make.

Also a nice weekend to you and to all other fishies! Agnes

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 22, 13 12:12 PM
to all our global players:

never feel awkward or worry that you are making mistakes!!

translation can be tricky from one language to another as Valdy relayed to us in another forum, which am repeating in here for you:

"Rolls Royce once brought out a new make, which they called 'Mist'. When they tried to sell it to the German market, they were told that this name would never sell in Germany because 'mist' in German means 'cow dung'. LOL! So they called it 'Silver Cloud' instead."

Even big car manufacturers make mistakes sometimes!!

Never stop participating or asking questions!! Clarification will help you enjoy Nevertales to the fullest!! As it was meant!!

Games should bring us together, bling (LOL!) and all !!

Happy gaming and enjoy your weekend everyone, everywhere!!

ETA:

dictionaries are not always up to date!! (check date printed !!)

use google or other internet provider for these pesky words!!!

Edited on 11/22/2013 at 2:00:12 PM PST

Agnes_2810
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by Agnes_2810 on Nov 22, 13 12:52 PM
It doesn't mean, that german cows are making now silver clouds instead of "mist".

Thanks for the nice words!

Edited on 11/22/2013 at 12:53:00 PM PST

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Nov 22, 13 1:05 PM
So, I guess that bling stands still, right?*

Have a great weekend wherever you are game lovers of the world!

*...Or maybe not?

I guess it does after all! Thank you shagwendy and Robsim as well for thoroughly explaining this one.

Edited on 11/22/2013 at 3:55:06 PM PST

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Nov 22, 13 1:13 PM
My apologies to everybody for using the word bling! without thinking. It is an american word and I have only seen it on the net, and I assumed it was a net word, like btw (by the way) and imo (in my opinion) and apps.

Please don't be afraid to ask what I mean..(or even to tell me my choice of words is no good). As others can tell you, I always listen and where possible act on, any advice my fellow fishies suggest.

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 22, 13 1:47 PM
dear JustTheFacts:

you write as honestly as you review, which is why you are treasured !!

stay just the way you are - speaking from the heart !

great review, by the way!!

THANK YOU!!

Edited on 11/22/2013 at 1:49:52 PM PST

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Nov 22, 13 2:35 PM
Hello Fish Friends:

I wanted to chime in on JTF's use of the word 'BLING' in her reviews for clarification. As an African-American, be advised that JTF is, indeed, using the word in a correct manner. 'BLING' is a slang term, coined by rap artists, that refers to the jewelry/riches earned through the sale of their music (the same as our paychecks allows us to purchase the goods we have). 'BLING' can also mean their fancy cars, mansions, fur coats, etc. (you get the picture). In the CE games we play, 'BLING' would refer to the 'jewels' (or extras) that come in the form of collectibles and achievements, as not all CE's come with these goodies (only bonus game, wallpapers, music, etc.). Thus, JTF is using the word correctly in her/his description of 'BLING' when giving a review.

I just wanted to share/further clarify the slang use of this word and hope it helps!!

I hope everyone has a great holiday!

Robsim

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 22, 13 3:27 PM
JustTheFacts wrote:My apologies to everybody for using the word bling! without thinking. It is an american word and I have only seen it on the net, and I assumed it was a net word, like btw (by the way) and imo (in my opinion) and apps.

Please don't be afraid to ask what I mean..(or even to tell me my choice of words is no good). As others can tell you, I always listen and where possible act on, any advice my fellow fishies suggest.

Please, don't need to apologize, I love to know new says or slang in different languages.

I was born in Argentina, moved to USA 24 years ago, then I lived 12 1/2 in the Middle East, and finally in 2010 we came back to TX.

And never I was afraid to show my ignorance, because following this way I was able to enrich my life a lot with new cultures, traditions and different languages.

Thank you to all of you to be so kind with me, and please, if I'm having some big grammatical mistake, don't hesitate to correct me, maybe by PM, is not too late to learn properly something new.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you,
M.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 22, 13 3:43 PM
Robsim wrote:Hello Fish Friends:

I wanted to chime in on JTF's use of the word 'BLING' in her reviews for clarification. As an African-American, be advised that JTF is, indeed, using the word in a correct manner. 'BLING' is a slang term, coined by rap artists, that refers to the jewelry/riches earned through the sale of their music (the same as our paychecks allows us to purchase the goods we have). 'BLING' can also mean their fancy cars, mansions, fur coats, etc. (you get the picture). In the CE games we play, 'BLING' would refer to the 'jewels' (or extras) that come in the form of collectibles and achievements, as not all CE's come with these goodies (only bonus game, wallpapers, music, etc.). Thus, JTF is using the word correctly in her/his description of 'BLING' when giving a review.

I just wanted to share/further clarify the slang use of this word and hope it helps!!

I hope everyone has a great holiday!

Robsim

Thank you Robsim for your clear explanation !!!

This game really is having the Bling !

Happy Thanksgiving,
M.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 25, 13 2:55 AM
This has been the most incredible, fascinating, wonderful, entertaining game I have played... ever?

I am so glad I got the CE (in the sale). The bonus game took me 1 1/2 hours !! Unheard of. There were 3 tiny, but fun extra stories !! Unheard of.

The HOS alone were unique, fun, great, and really really wonderfully done. And the many little mini games were just fun and really nicely done. What a game. What - a - game !! Never seen anything like it.

And it shows that this dev doesn't churn out a game every 2 months. There is a lot of hard work involved in this one. Not a game like every other. Not a "same old, same old".

This is an excellent game.

Go to: