Reviews for Nevertales: The Beauty Within

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Nov 22, 13 1:17 AM
reserved for moderator's comments

From bfgDeveron:

Thanks for getting the thread started JustTheFacts and everyone! And reserving a little place for me to post!

I'll go ahead and sticky the thread.

If it's your first time posting, or if you have any questions, please see the review thread information posted in the thread below HERE.

Happy Gaming!

bfgDeveron

Edited on 11/22/2013 at 8:30:00 AM PST

Re:Reviews for Nevertales: The Beauty Within

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Nov 22, 13 1:20 AM
Genuine Masterpiece!

BASED ON PARTIALLY COMPLETED GAME

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
I’ve never been tempted to use the word “masterpiece” about a game before, but it is fitting for this game. I am in the process of playing it at the moment, so I am just taking a few minutes out to let you know what I’ve seen so far.

It’s funny how things go sometimes, I was trying to explain why this game is so far above the hundreds I’ve played before, and I thought the only game that has come close to the same complexities and imagination, is Rite Of Passage: Child Of The Forest, which when released was the most inspiring game I’d seen. Then, looking at other games by this developer, guess what I found was their last offering? Yup, this developer has managed to shock me into speechlessness with the quality and originality of their work, not once, but twice this year. (And their name doesn’t even start with “E”!)

GAME IN BRIEF
This game’s artwork is absolutely wonderful, and others have aptly described it in the CE reviews, but it is the games and puzzles that are so special. There are a dozen different types of HOPs for starters. Plenty so original we don’t have names for them yet (but hopefully we will in the future), unique and cleverly designed scenes for the HOPs, and all of them varying in difficulty and purpose.

And all this is true for the mini-games as well. I am having a hard time remembering any that were not totally new and unexpected. Some are crazy-hard simply because the logic to the puzzle is totally new to me. And many are so cunning and beautiful! The adventuring side of the game leads you into some startling areas too. There is nothing at all that’s not original in this game. Even our purpose – the story is about protecting a baby that’s been left on your doorstep!

to be cont'd

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Nov 22, 13 1:21 AM
Genuine Masterpiece!

cont'd

[Off topic content removed by Moderator]

FINAL WORDS
With all that, you can see why I think the CE is the best value CE we’ve ever had. But having said all that, this is a wonderful game, no matter which way you look at it. I would not hesitate to recommend this SE version, especially if you’re not into Bling!

I recommend this game!

Edited on 11/24/2013 at 7:52:42 PM PST

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Nov 22, 13 3:09 AM
Well as an old soul here that's been gone for years, I'd like to play this. I took the 1 hour plus the other day to download a game I wanted to check out and after all that it said my trial had expired. Yes, I know what to do but why bother. I couldn't get to the envelope for the blood shooting out of my eyes.

I've been around long enough to know what the fixes are. I never want a "free game" either. It's the length of time on my broadband that grates on me when it happens.

I'll try again. One last time.

[Post New]by baglady159 on Nov 22, 13 6:42 AM
I never buy CE's anymore because I can't justify paying the equivalent of a full game for only one more hour of play. But after reading the reviews I bought the CE of this game and did not regret it at all. I rate this up there with the Nutcracker. Excellent game play and such a long game. And a long bonus game plus a third section of hidden chapters. I don't do game reviews but I just had to stop by and throw in my two cents. I loved this game and I would highly recommend it.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 22, 13 8:26 AM
What do you think of Nevertales: The Beauty Within? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Nevertales: The Beauty Within page HERE.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game HERE

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgDeveron

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 22, 13 8:27 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 22, 13 9:47 AM
Hi ,

I just finished the demo of this game!

As another reviewers said before, this is a game to buy as a CE.

The SE don't have the collectibles, achievements, morphing, etc. Having all of those, the game is very long. (You can play the BC, and the hidden chapters!)

Is sad that the demo is too short, we can't appreciate the excellence of this game!
And, if you don't like the 1st part, you'll suppose that all the game is as the demo! Big mistake IMHO, the game is far different and very convoluted in some parts.

The story is good, not matter you can't explain how the baby never grew up, how the mother became a lawyer, but it's a tale.

To me is the best game in 2013, and a example how the CE should be for the extra money! Playing the SE, you'll be have the half of fun!

Luckily BF is offering good sales, I'm truly recommend this game as a CE!!!

Kudos to MadGames , and thank you BFG ,
M.

ETA: Sorry my English , is not my first language (I speak Spanish and French), and sometimes I'm noticing people is so hard if we have grammar mistakes!
This is the main reason I don't write usually reviews. I prefer to help and chat about the game!

Edited on 11/22/2013 at 10:03:43 AM PST

[Post New]by PissyGalore on Nov 22, 13 7:12 PM
minesita wrote:Hi ,

ETA: Sorry my English , is not my first language (I speak Spanish and French), and sometimes I'm noticing people is so hard if we have grammar mistakes!
This is the main reason I don't write usually reviews. I prefer to help and chat about the game!

Hi, minesita!

I think your English (grammar or no) is very good. Don't ever apologize for posting a review or opinion. I appreciate the time one takes to write his/her own comments. I commend you for speaking three languages.I think it's an admirable quality to have the propensity to speak more than one language. I have problems with just this one!

judithannegg
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by judithannegg on Nov 23, 13 2:09 AM
I LOVE this game! Best game ever! However, I was too cheap to buy the CE and used a credit for the SE and now am regretting this from the reviews! Music wonderful! Graphics wonderful! I have four kids, but the baby in this is soooo adorable! I love the puzzles! Very unique! I play in hardest core and have bought dozens and dozens of games, but this is sooooo awesome! I might have to do something I have NEVER done before and buy the CE even though I already have the SE! Tough to do, but this game seems worth it!

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Nov 23, 13 3:43 AM
I don't want to repeat any of the other reviews, but I do want to say that this game should win awards for how and what it offers....it is definitely worth even the CE cost! Awesome game, best in a long time offered on BF in my humble opinion

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 23, 13 8:37 AM
judithannegg wrote:I LOVE this game! Best game ever! However, I was too cheap to buy the CE and used a credit for the SE and now am regretting this from the reviews! Music wonderful! Graphics wonderful! I have four kids, but the baby in this is soooo adorable! I love the puzzles! Very unique! I play in hardest core and have bought dozens and dozens of games, but this is sooooo awesome! I might have to do something I have NEVER done before and buy the CE even though I already have the SE! Tough to do, but this game seems worth it!

Hi Judith ,

Check with CS, I guess if you buy other credit, you can upgrade the SE to CE.
Really, this gem is worth the extra money.

Good luck ,
M.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Nov 24, 13 2:14 AM

This game starts out like a spooky mystery and rapidly turns into Alice in Wonderland. I think the talking door guys were reincarnations of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

Be sure to set your hint refill to the shortest possible as you will need it often. This is the most confusing game ever, like you're having a terrible nightmare. Not once did I know what I was doing or why. There is a cute little mechanical owl helper, so if you're not into cute little animal helpers... well, you'll have to decide for yourself. Sometimes you have to work a puzzle, but it isn't clear that it's a puzzle. I quit when I got to the talking doors, which turned out to be one of those puzzles you don't know is a puzzle. There are also puzzles disguised as HOS. Lots of up and down and back and forth and picking up inventory items you have no use for. God forbid I should have tried the CE. Any more confusion and my brains would have probably fallen out.

I seem to be the lone dissenter so far, so as always, try it. You might like it. Basically, it gave me a headache.

Edited on 11/24/2013 at 2:19:09 AM PST

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Nov 24, 13 8:53 AM
I have never bought a CE because of the money. However, after reading the reviews and this weekend sale I think I will go for it. Thanks for the tips.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Dec 6, 13 9:15 AM
Finally found the time to play this wonderful game ,and once I started it I was glued to it. Thank you Big Fish and Developers ( i will look for more games from your studio)
there was so much to do, lots of mini games, and the HOS are so very different and varied , no boring lists of feathers and boomerangs etc etc.... Graphics superb.. Oh I could go on and on .... similar to Drawn and Dream Chronicles combined to make the best game I have played since joining Big fish four years ago.. I recommend this game Wish I had bought the CE

pzzllvr
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by pzzllvr on Dec 9, 13 12:47 PM
Outstanding!!! I have played lots of games for years and this one is, by far, the best in all categories. I have been getting bored with most games lately, because they are just a remake of the same old stuff. This game is a hog but with a little twist that keeps it interesting. I will buy from this developer anytime! Thanks for a great entertaining game.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Dec 10, 13 12:55 AM
I beta'd this game this past summer and I have to tell you that I wasn't that impressed! Maybe it gets better later in the game, but I just did not see anything outstanding that I haven't already seen in dozens of games previous to this one. It didn't help that the back bedroom(?) of the house was inaccessible to me because my older computer can't handle the graphics, so I couldn't enter that room to explore. However, what I did play was okay. But just okay. I'm glad that so many others seem to really dig this game because it definitely has its fans. I'm just not one of them. Sorry but I just don't see what others are seeing but that's okay. Different strokes, you know!

[Post New]by Esdama on Dec 20, 13 1:41 PM
well it funny just bought the game and I really cant play it cause it very jump in and cant see the pictures ect in the game at all

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Dec 23, 13 3:56 PM

I only got the SE but, wow, what a truly great game. I am so impressed.

Usually I play these Hidden Object/Adventure games for only half an hour at a time to avoid the total boredom of going back and forth, to and fro, for no reason other than that the devs need to make the game seem longer. But this game was one of those that I didn't want to leave, nothing about it was at all boring.

Everything about it was different and, quite honestly, there was no pretence about it being a credible story. It was more of a reason, or excuse, to just go from place to place. But what super places they were!

A captivating game, highly recommended, and WTG DEVS !!!!!

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Dec 27, 13 7:37 AM
bellissimo gioco ....molto molto molto divertente,mi sono pentita di non aver acquistato la CE....peccato avrei giocato ancora....

Go to: